Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    doesn't matter, a lot of characters in G1 in many scenes had details added and removed, Jazz in recent media has had door wings, such as his RID counterpart. Many characters in toy form have details not in the show due to real world physics and mass shifting toys not being a thing.

For many, Jazz having door wings is as symbolic of him as Bee having a Yellow stripe or Hotrods flames. Many G1 characters have room for being modernized, and while Jazz with no door wings doesn't bother me, it may bother us who didn't grow up with G1.

2. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    Why can’t he be number 4 exactly?

3. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why can't they ever get Jazz right? His feet are sticking out the back WTF!?

4. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

You serious? one of the best deluxes Hasbro ever made and will never be surpassed unless they start spending more money.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Comparing the pictures to my RtS, honestly the only thing that Studio Series has truly better in my opinion is insanely good animation accuracy. Obviously that is a massive pro that could override everything else in the eyes of others, but personally I've never been a stickler for animation accuracy, especially regarding 80s interpetations of toy robots that beyond the transformation joints were lucky if they had any bonus articulation whatsoever.

Moreover, the appearance looks compromised with Jazz - hollow parts galore, an inexplicably wrong number (why is it 14? they had no problems putting the 4 on every previous version of a figure with Jazz's deco), and the likely non-collapsable backpack of the roof and doors mean he doesn't look as appealing as my RTS with solid parts, that proud "4" on the doors, and a slim roofpiece back. Plus, I feel the RTS embodies the spirit of Jazz more, given the gun is taken from the obscure Pretenders version and while he does have door wings which make him look even more like Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen, the touch with the flip-out loudspeakers gives him a unique flair thats fitting for the Autobots robot of culture.

However, I am glad the studio series exists, as on its own it looks great regardless and any deco problems will inevitably be fixed by Reprolabels. Plus, RtS Jazz was a hard to find sunuvabitch - I only even got mine last year in a specialty shop - so people being able to finally get a Generations Jazz again without the restriction of the stupidly poorly distributed RtS subline is a good thing.

That, and I'll probably end up buying the mold anyway because given how many G2 style redecos are going into selects, it would be insane to not think a G2 Jazz from this isn't happening. And I want that deco.

In his defense, he does mention the automorphing legs gimmick which is a pain in the ass sometimes.

6. Kris Redmond

Kris Redmond TFA fan

Some like lugnut, blackout do(If you have the allspark almanac look up the sizing chart And that,those two are GINORMOUS!) The characters like Rodimus, deluxe class Optimus, or sentinel are perfectly fine.

7. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    Really?????!!!! The 86 Movie is freaking epic!!!!

• Like Like x 10
  8. Kris Redmond

Kris Redmond TFA fan

Oh.

9. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Totally agree with you. My earlier post was a meme btw. 86 movie is really good, but it’s not god tier. And if I’m honest, I feel like nostalgia plays a large factor. I’d say 07 and Bumblebee were also good movies, although nostalgia is a factor in the 07 movie for me. And that’s ok, because there are no rules for why you like or dislike something. You don’t need to provide justification. Hot Rod looks excellent, as usual. Jazz doesn’t look as good, but he looks good too. I am so excited for these figures and tomorrow, due to Studio Series reveals. I’m actually impressed with Hasbro’s handling of this situation. They knew this subline would be divisive, so they put in a subline, which still allows normal studio Series to continue as planned. Well done indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

News Credits:
    But your still missing the point! This is not RID Jazz...This is the " G1 86 Movie Jazz". "The OG" Hasbro is now making figures for its long time fans, that have been on this ride from the very beginning, or for those who just love the OG designs!

• Like Like x 2
  11. TwoPoor

TwoPoor Well-Known Member

I’m ok with it, it gives off a rear diffuser vibe to me. 21D1DBB5-2E1D-479D-818D-F9FF30B05E6B.png

• Like Like x 4
  12. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Hot Rod - perfection minus the yellow hinge. Cheapening out is not fan friendly or something to be excited about.

Jazz, same issue but not due to costs. Perfection minus one issue. 14? Much like Smokescreen, this is just really stupid. There is no need to play with these numbers all of the sudden. Hasbro wants to be TakaraTomy, but it will never be TakaraTomy. I wouldn't give a shit if they'd let TakaraTomy do their own thing again.

Will there ever be anyone there that understands full attention to detail?

13. El Scaryachi

El Scaryachi New Member

Dammnn Jazz looks good! He\'s in desperate need for some reprolables though, or else he looks a little \"playskool-y\"

14. opoptimus

opoptimus SUN WUKONG, not Son Goku.

News Credits:
    Jazz is awesome, but imo he got the short draw in the budget pool in wave 1 Deluxes. Understandable given his design is the most straight forward.

15. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    The inner box art folds out into a sort of display backdrop related to the character. This is something Studio Series has done since the start

Why is it supposed to be the "no hollow parts" line exactly? The Studio Series line isn't generally any higher quality than the concurrent Wfc line

Isn't the whole point of generations to be a throwback line redoing old characters? We'll have more new stuff when new media comes out in a couple years

I wish the base color was more of that cool bluish gray rather than just flat white

I'm sure we'll get plenty of label sets for these guys. The roof piece on Hot Rod is most likely yellow because it needed to be on the same mold tree as the other yellow pieces

Probably mostly bare plastic. Only painted where it needs to be, like the roof since it's made of transparent plastic with the windows

I imagine it has to do with the licensing stuff. The car is so close to the real Porche, there's little, seemingly random, details that need to be changed from the real car, and the side number was probably one of them. At least with it being 14, you can wipe off the 1 and have the accurate number if you're into customizing

• Like Like x 2
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Jazz needs more paint, otherwise he's looking good!

17. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was more excited for the blurry pictures of Jazz than the official one LOL.

In all seriousness, Jazz looks off. Which is a real bummer as his Titan returns figure is serviceable but flimsy. And his RTS figure is excellent but has the chest issue and the wings. Getting a wingless Jazz on par with the RTS figure is the dream. And it looks like that dream is deferred again. But let’s see some reviews.

18. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Hot Rod still looks great, but Jazz.. hm, not quite, actually. It's good, but not an instant buy for me after all. Prefer the look of United/RTS Jazz overall.

Still interested in an MP Jazz tho, which I'm sure will eventually happen - the wait continues.

• Like Like x 1
  19. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Nice! I was born in 2005, so I can relate!

20. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Urm...Hasbro have been making figures for it's "Long time fans" since 2006, i completely get they are making figures a lot more screen accurate now but a little bit of modernizing hurts no one. Heck, RTS Jazz is an amazing figure even by todays standards. They could literally reissue that and i'd have no problems.

I also never said this was RID Jazz, i was just using him as an example.