Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

Optimus and a lot of the g1 toys simply stopped selling so new characters were brought in. It also meant I was actually able to get him the year he was killed off. It wasn't really hot rods fault in universe. Prime stalled too long. He should've grabbed his gun and fired quickly but he stood around waffling.

I interviewed Flint dille a few years ago who wanted to make up for hot rod being blamed by writing another version of the scene in autocracy for idw. He was annoyed that fans blamed hot rod.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

I dunno, it'd be surprising for them to not even do SOMETHING for the series's 15th anniversary. The movies have already had about as much celebration as you can muster, I doubt Animated wouldn't get Lockdown in RED or some rereleases akin to the Prime packs. Not much, but something to vainly attempt to shut us up for a while. Animated absolutely should come back (I personally really want a Commander Class Lugnut), but it'll take some time if it'll ever happen.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Jazz looks awesome. The paint apps are lame. 14??? The hood is short. The car is too tall. Who cares though? It doesnt take away too much. I guess porsche didnt license Jazz which seems dumb consodering their logic for transforners licensing. The robot mode looks cartoon accurate. Tohax is gonna be rolling in cash after making the repros for this one though!

4. Kris Redmond

Kris Redmond TFA fan

IT'S TURNING 15 YEARS OLD? Jesus I feel like an old man.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

as do I, but at least we still have two years until that happens. The main reason it got snubbed out of anniversaries in the past, (at least, i hope) is because it shares an anniversary year with the Micheal Bay movies, and those made all the money.

6. Matrix1981

Matrix1981 It's Hot Rod's fault...

Blah! I didn't notice the pin! Fingers crossed its a mushroom peg on the end of that pin right? Right?! I'm so sick of basic articulation missing on stuff like this...

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd love that, especially if it kept the quantity of releases we are getting. Just re-merge Studio Series and mainline as Generations, release the same amount of product as currently, but have it be a mix of design sources (like Marvel Legends). Then you can have the primary media line for reinvention, but also include more collector oriented versions of those designs in Generations.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nemesisprime1975

How about 34 years since the movie.

9. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Of course there will be people complaining about any given thing on the internet, Hasbro will get their win when I buy my first studio series toys ever. Here I was thinking the line would only be bayverse TFs, never thought to include the classics.

10. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Constructicon fanatic

News Credits:
    Heh.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The only thing that would have made these better is 1980s style packaging like Gigawatt has.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kris Redmond

Kris Redmond TFA fan

Sounds like a Hasbroish move, preferring quantity (the movies) over quality (animated)

13. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

ToyHax does comes to the rescue of every Jazz release don't they?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nemesisprime1975

I've bought most studio bar the crazy amount of bbs they did and I delighted the animated movie is being done.

They better not mess up my man galvatron.

15. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I am a car guy, and it's definitely not proportioned like a 935, but it has enough key details (along with a gross generalization of Martini livery) to be recognizable as Jazz. For someone who appreciates real-world accuracy it obviously misses the mark, but for those using the (awful) 1980s animation as a reference, it's fantastic. None of these cars truly match their branded alt modes anyway. Bluestreak certainly isn't a 280Z, nor is Cliff a 944 or Wheeljack a Stratos. For the purpose of these figures and their price points, they're fine.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Ramjet555

Ramjet555 Well-Known Member

The forearm gaps in recent figure lines are just such a drag, especially now that deluxes are running $20. Other than that, Jazz looks awesome! He'll definitely be my new desk toy.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    to be fair, 2020/2021 marks the first time Hasbro is trying to recognize multiple anniversaries within the same year (86 movie, BW, Prime), so they seem to be trying more than they used to

Galvatron is gonna get released in Kingdom, not Studio Series

• Like Like x 3
  18. Maglite

Maglite Porkchop sandwiches!

screenshot.png

tenor.gif

Now I feel like a sack of old bones.

• Like Like x 10
  19. Smelt

Smelt The Cabinet Man

That's one of the main reasons SS86 is happening, 35th anniversary of the movie, same reason why there was a bunch of movie stuff in TR, which was the 30th.
    Yeah, plus animated toys have never sold well, mainly due to outside factors.
    -The original toyline had to compete with the original movie toylines at their peak.
    -RTS Lugnut and ROTF Lockdown actually sold pretty alright, and their aftermarket prices should show that there's plenty of demand for TFA figures.
    -Legends slipstream was a Japan exclusive, but the same aftermarket prices thing applies here.
    -the Slipstream rep in Cyberverse was just that: in Cyberverse, meaning all her toys were gimmick-ridden and not great. Clobber... don't get me started on clobber, and Lockdown hasn't had a toy in the Cyberverse line yet.

So yeah, Animated toys haven't had much of a chance.

20. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Another thing Id like to point out is Hot Rod gets 2 guns, a blade, a matrix, and 3 blast effects but all Jazz gets is a freakin gun for the same price ? WTF ? They could have thrown in the Jazz speakers for car mode, seriously...