Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    It definitely has sailed for me. I've wanted to get into collecting MP figures ever since I started collecting at 11 years old back in '09. It was something I planned to get into once I got older and got a good paying job. Now, there's no point. I can just collect from the WFC toy line. And the prices of the MP figures have gotten insanely ridiculous, and the cartoon accuracy just isn't worth it, in my opinon.

• Like Like x 4
  2. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy Dorque Extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Haw. I guess it is.

Either way, it's a damned Grimlock and I already love it. Also, in general he looks nice and chunky and dumb, and really, the addition of Wheelie really rounds out the cost at least at face value. I'm not a huge G1 guy, but all of these (sans Kip's dumbass face...) look reaaaally nice.

3. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m sure 100% of the people reading this want it to be true....but...

• Like Like x 4
  4. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

My god y’all complaining about a sword when you damn well there will be at least 4 different 3p companies who already dissecting these pics to start producing upgrade kits. Just off the top my head:

grimlock: sword and crown weapons pack

jazz: shoulder launcher and “wings” or speakers. Probably speakers

blurr: an effect pack to make him down the blurr effect from the movie somehow. Maybe they will do targetmasters for him Scourge

I can go on...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    When he was first confirmed for the line it was stated that his door wings are optional.

I could DEFINITELY see Hound being in SS86.

Yeah, been waiting for a good CHUG Bliztwing since forever :( 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

Grimlock looks properly massive! And blurry though the image is, that Jazz looks astonishingly cartoon accurate in terms of proportions. I cannot wait for these to hit shelves.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    For months now I'm puzzled on how I'm going to organize my collection. For now I have the plan to first keep the figures boxed and once I have all, I make a plan on how to rearrange everything. At first I kept the last figures only boxed because I was about to move and now I need a Detolf, cause I'm running out of space. But I'm so looking forward to these figures and whatever else they might have in store for us. And only after I have a plan on how to rearrange the figure displays, I know which figures I can still keep and which I have to let go. This is really gonna be some project. But I'm happy to get the figures I always dreamt of.

But I think my main display will be turning into a cartoon display with cartoon accurate figures and I will keep some of the older figures with updated looks on a separate shelf. No way I'm gonna let go of United Jazz. His paint job is awesome. But I also want the new Jazz. Sometimes I miss United Blurr, he had such a nice metallic paint job...

When I stood in front of my shelves the other minute, I was hoping they are not doing the triple changers all over again, please just make a better Springer, maybe blitzwing, but not all of them :D 

Although I still don't have sandstorm. The past figures neither scratched my itch for a toy like version or a cartoon accurate version...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    :eek: 

The only figure in the SS86 line I can’t live without is Jazz.

I can pass on most of them if I have to, but definitely not Jazz.

9. edjodapro

edjodapro Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    THEY FINALLY LEAKED THE IMAGES FOR JAZZ AND HE LOOKS GOOD,:)  But I don’t see any blue(chest) red(chest) or gold(on the G1toy this was on his back rims I’m pretty sure(don’t quote me I’m a novice))

10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man. I know the arms are accurate to the animation model, but I hope Grimlock has some way to raise up his shoulders to look less gorilla-ish.

11. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

Maybe Mirage and Red Alert too? They were in the storyboards. Maybe Red can come with his gun? It was his gun Megatron uses to kill Optimus in the movie. At least according to the tearjerker page on TVTropes... either way it’d be nice to see them included.

• Like Like x 1
  12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a couple weeks ago we saw Takara’s Volcanicus with some beautiful gold. The yellow is so ugly here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. grimtnt

grimtnt Armada is older now than G1 was in 2002

News Credits:
    I don't look for 100% accuracy as they have to work as a solid toy as well (only thing I have that I can say is completely animation accurate is apc's version of first edition optimus and a few newage figs I picked up)

I will always judge it by the toy and if it looks good to me. New mp optimus definitely doesn't do that (I think I'll go with magic square but I'm not decided, I'm not big on G1 op anymore now that I have a definitive prime op)

But I'm rambling, all in all if 100% accuracy = inflated costs, mm thin hinged panels that are also painted with paint that about as durable as as the coating on an m&m then it's just not worth it, and figures that large don't really work for me anymore, the only exception I have is mp sideswipe (the first version, paint looks alot better than the animation accurate one), old mp bee and mp blue streak (first version like as) as the altmodes are absolutely stunning

• Like Like x 1
  14. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they release a new optimus , thar is movie accurate, better legs that hide the wheels and a waist and head that are accurate to the movie the earthrise torso ia good the same with the arms just take out the weaponizer ports and paint all the arms red after seeing their hot rod i am sure they can do it, the earthrise prime now feels really lacking when we compare him to hot rod

• Like Like x 3
  15. RoadPigJohn

RoadPigJohn Transformers & 80's Cartoon/Figures Fan

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is Hasbro making the oder Dinobots for the Studio Series?

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I can imagine they do a new Optimus, but I'm not sure about Megatron. A cartoon accurate Megatron would have to be a nearly white Grey. I already have the animation style Siege figures, but I think they might look out of place with other figures because of the cell shading.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NewDawn

NewDawn Banned

Kid Phase - Chungus Phase - Edgy Phase - Man-Man Phase
    20201014_140901.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  18. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Can someone catch me up on other leaks for this line? Iirc walmart's system had listings for a Deluxe Gnaw and Leader Slug but I'm not sure if there was anything else.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I think @Pixelmaster said they're doing all but one of the Dinobots, which would mean no Snarl since he's barely even in the film.

It certainly would be nice to get a gray, non-silver Megatron who isn't also that boring gray Hasbro tends to default to.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something about grimlock doesnt look right for me.need better pics

• Like Like x 1