Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. SMS Udon

SMS Udon Well-Known Member

Well that is disappointing...
    I know that we shouldn't expect constructicons in this series, but any word on updated insecticons? Or a new Brawn?

2. Tigatron01

Tigatron01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a chance for new insecticons soon, shrapnel was in the earthrise fanvote so it confirms they have atleast considered new insecticons.
    I don't think we will get brawn tho, he was only in it for 4 seconds, even jazz got more screen time

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I believe more than one leaker has said that the traditional 5 dinobots will see release, the "all but one dinobot will get done" was in reference to Slash not getting a new figure

• Like Like x 6
  4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

It would be rather stupid of Hasbro to release all of the Dinobots but Snarl. I have to believe he'll be released at some point.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tigatron01

News Credits:
    Ohh i didnt know that they were refering to slash, im very happy now:D  was very dissapointed with snarl not getting made

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Yea, honestly even though he was barely in the movie it wouldn't make sense for them to skip Snarl, hell Studio Series has done characters for the Bay movies that weren't in the movies at all (hello Thundercracker from Nitro)

• Like Like x 5
  7. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, but those 4 seconds were VERY important to the movie.

Edit: I'm not even joking. Brawn's scene was when you realized death was now a part of the series.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. SMS Udon

I mean, it makes more sense to get Brawn in this series than Windcharger...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tigatron01

News Credits:
    No unicron eating an entire planet and killing all its inhabitants minus kranix is when you realized death was a part of the movie. Lol

But siriously, while they could get away with a brawn im ss86 i doubt it, so few spots and so many bigger characters to make

• Like Like x 5
  10. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I could have sworn the leaker specified that we aren't getting Snarl in Studio Series - which means he might show up in Generations instead. Which makes sense, given that he wasn't even in the movie.

Otherwise though, you're correct. And the same leaker already confirmed one non-'86 toy for 2022: ROTF The Fallen. (If you believe the leaker, mind you. The one behind these rumors has a poorer track record than the other two, although he claims that's cause he hears everything secondhand.)

11. Tigatron01

News Credits:
    Im sorry i was mistaken when the leaker said "all but one dinobot was getting updated" i thought they were talking about snarl but they were talking about slash so we are getting all 5 original dinos, fenrys cleared that up for me if u read a few posts up. Im sorry if i caused confusion.

But yes the leaker is pixelmaster whom is wrong 80% of the time and right 20%, at this point i just think he makes speculations like the rest of us and passes it along as leaks

12. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

You are comparing a shitier than shit design vs the G1 version though. My Target is full of those abominations and whenever I'm back, the same amount of those pieces of shit are still occupying shelf space that could be better used on whatever else, let me tell you. Hell, I'd just put more hot wheels there if I was a manager.

Those things are hideous and deserve not selling for crap.

A G1 Devy would sell out, just like the many versions before it. The re-release of the CW IMO has nothing to do with a SS version ever seeing the light of day. Maybe not right now, but it would be stupid for Hasbro not to do it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tigatron01

News Credits:
    Dont get me wrong im all g1 i think bayverse looks like shit i 100% agree with you. but hasbro doesnt think like that, they dont have a favorite franchise like us.

The cw reissue does effect a ss86 devy tho, 2 g1 devastators that would compete with each other is just bad for business.

14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    An excellent point, but it’s easier to just blame the Bayformers, because “Bay bad” or some stupid shit like that.

• Like Like x 6
  15. SMS Udon

I'm curious who you think had a bigger presence in the movie that is still missing from WFC/SS86... Aside from Dinobots and Insecticons, and with no Blitzwing, Blaster, or Devastator, that leaves Perceptor, Wreck-Gar, and...?

16. Tigatron01

News Credits:
    Through leaks there are the 4 dinobots, wreck gar, sweeps, and gnaw. Thats 7 figures, and with the next few waves being a mix of ss86 and bayverse thats all we will probably get in 2021 for studio series, and the line was supposed to be a 35th anniversary line to the movie i doubt it will continue beyond 2021. so as i was saying i doubt brawn will get made as the slots for ss86 have already gone to other bigger characters.

EDIT: there was also coronation starscream but i seriously doubt it since the listing turned out to be bumblebee starscream.
    he is still a possibility according to a certain leaker that has proved to be untrustworthy

• Like Like x 2
  17. SMS Udon

That's a good point. Are the sweeps that different from Scourge to deserve their own retail release though? Strikes me as more of a Pulse or other exclusive.

18. Tigatron01

News Credits:
    There is no physical difference between sweeps and scourge at all, but they are apparently getting a release. Probably just to make it easier to army build with since scourge is shortpacked

19. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It might have been brought up more than once, but I would still love to see Studio Series expand to Transformers Prime.

• Like Like x 1
  20. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sweeps = First I've heard of this.
    Maybe it's a repaint of Scourge with battle damage?
    Or the mold with slightly different plastic colors or a remolded face ala ER Skywarp and Ramjet?

It'd be funny if it's literally just Scourge in a new numbered box and not short-packed.

• Like Like x 1