Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Painted on windows on mainline figures look really cheap 99% of the time, like oversized legends-class toys. I can't think of an example of any figure that had them that wouldn't look better with transparent windows.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the point of studio series is to capture the character as close as possible to how it appeared in the film they were in than it is studio series material

• Like Like x 7
  3. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Studio series is a made up line to sell more figures. There is no reason these figures can fall under the main line chug.

End of the day its just a name, all i care about is the sculpt accurately represent, pose-ability, and scale.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    This Jazz looks like he could dance, something I feel like the RTS version can't. Weird criteria, I know, but it is part of his character:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 20
  5. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Ok you got me but thats a weak ass reference. You might as well reference the serial number. Just saying.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    See how accurate Takaratomy got designing this new 86 movie Jazz? Right down to the boogie down details.. :lolol 

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rated X

As I said to somebody else, you got me there, thats one weak ass reference. Might as well use a aerial number. But once again, it would be easy to remove the # 1 with some rubbing alcohol. Just as easy as it was to get MAGA on POTP Jazz.

I hear you. You got me there. But those people were very vauge. Plus its a weak reference. Just being honest.

8. x1n4rk

x1n4rk Active Member

Honestly, gaps and all? This still looks like a fun figure, and probably the closest to the animation model we'll be getting for a little while — so if that's your thing, awesome! If not, then there are still the old RtS figures out there that will probably have you covered, which might hit the aftermarket once the SS'86 take on the character starts shipping.

As for the "14" issue: after the "MAGA" thing, I don't fault anyone for being a little more cautious or wary, especially when we're dealing with one of the only original Transformers to be voiced by a person of color. That's not to deny that there's a more benign explanation — that the catalog numbers for both Diaclone and Transformers listed Jazz as No. 14 — but that, maybe given the climate of where we're at in the States right now, it might not have been the best time to make that reference. It's not something I'd expect Hasbro to want to be associated with (especially after the last Jazz deco issue), but maybe just something that wasn't considered prior to release.

Anyway: cool figure design with some not-entirely-unexpected shortcomings common to a lot of Deluxe class figures these days, and maybe a sign of things to come for Selects next year? Ricochet would be rad to see in these colors, as would some of the UT crew that could borrow the mold...

• Like Like x 5
  9. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    The problem with cleaning the 1 off is that the 4 isn't centered on the other side of the car. The 4's on each side would be in different places

• Like Like x 4
  10. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man jazz looks killer! Now I know Toyhax will give us some killer stickers to make him the ultimate G1/toon jazz!

• Like Like x 1
  11. MarinerPrime

MarinerPrime Well-Known Member

You guys are maldinig over a safe reprolabel or alcohol job to fix Jazz and I'm over here having to entirely repaint Hot Rod so he's actually color accurate to the film.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    How is it we are getting an OG Jazz in this line but it hasn't happened in Masterpiece yet? Actually curious. Regional Licensing issues? Licensing costs? Hasbro special relationship?

• Like Like x 3
  13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    My point was that the poster isn't reachable. He's taking a belligerent stance because of political outrage. It's why he brought up POTP multiple times like we just haven't seen it and are ready to board is outrage train. I wouldn't be surprised if he's boycotted orange TFs for the same reason. .

• Like Like x 4
  14. GreyMandrill

GreyMandrill Well-Known Member

You make a good point. Jazz having an extra 1 on his doors seems incredibly minor by comparison.

• Like Like x 1
  15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Takaratomy makes all the Masterpiece toys, not Hasbro. So its actually based on what they do. ;) 

16. Rated X

That I did not think of. Very good point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh, welcome back Mr. Crothers. Haven't seen this guy since '86 (not including the Pretender version).

Hoping we get an MP soon. If not, the FT version will have to do for the time being, assuming it ever comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

As well as Blaster...shame on you HasTak.
    that is all...

• Like Like x 3
  19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    I hope there will be "mainstream" (i.e., not just Shapeways) 3P solutions to both figures' feet though.

20. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    They're most likely holding off on the masterpiece until they can secure a licensed alt mode. This one doesn't have that. It's "generic racecar that resembles a Porche with Martini racing livery but not enough to warrant a lawsuit"

• Like Like x 7