Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    They might be able to solve a mystery then, depending on how far back their collective memory goes.

There was a certain factory contracted back in the 90's to manufacture reissues for the international market. These included many molds that have "disappeared", such as Wheeljack, Springer, Dinobots and Mirage. But we know that Chinese manufacturers have been able to reproduce these toys as "unauthorized reissues". Is the factory contracted in the 90's responsible for the past couple of decades worth of "unauthorized reissues" by using the molds that were abandoned after Takara or Hasbro ceased their contracts?

2. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The contracting for the factories would be different for the various figure lines, at least back in the early 2000s Takara was the ones the contracted the factories to make Transformers for both companies, but that doesn't mean they're involved with contracting factories for Hasbro's other properties

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pixelmaster

Pixelmaster >implying toys are good

News Credits:
    SS86 has been leaked in private circles since February and lines are planned 3 years in advance

• Like Like x 5
  4. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wow. These look awesome. Hot Rod looks as good as ever, and Jazz looks equally as enticing. Quick question, so I’ve seen some people say these SS86 Figures don’t actually take up Studio Series slots. So, is the SS86 wave like a bonus wave being added to the usual number of Studio Series waves for the upcoming year? Like, is it an exception due to 2021 being the movie’s 35th anniversary?

5. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp, add another G1 Grimlock to the pile. These all look fantastic. I thought I was happy with my Current 86 Movie lineup in my display. That's out the window now

6. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

you can probably scratch Ultra Magnus, Arcee, and Springer since their in the War of cybertron line

• Like Like x 1
  7. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wreck Gar is coming. Can unofficially confirm, for whatever that's worth.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Pixelmaster

News Credits:
    Earth mode Magnus from Kingdom

• Like Like x 12
  9. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Don't tell me that's all we are seeing for this Friday.

10. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Rant time. Be prepared.

I think Hot Rod, Scourge, Jazz, and Grimlock will be all I pick up from this line. I'm content with TR Blurr and Arcee, and Kingdom Cyclonus looks meh. I'm glad they're doing him in a voyager scale, but I feel weird getting Scourge and not him. RTS Battle in Space Cyclonus looks great with UT Mania King (my main Galvy) since their colors match, but I really want Voyager class Unicron Heralds. Likewise I'm happy the Dinobots are finally getting the leader class treatment. Hopefully on friday we'll learn how these'll mesh with the movieverse figures. I'm hoping they don't take up their spots, but I think I'm just getting my hopes up. Does anyone know how that's gonna work out? I'm sure someone's mentioned them not necessarily taking up spots in SS from the movieverse figures, but I'm still sceptical.

11. Pixelmaster

News Credits:
    SS86 is a filler line after some Bayverse toys and the 2022 movies hit theatres

• Like Like x 8
  12. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    They are all on the way to a new home as we speak, man i can't wait for all the Dinobots if they look as awesome as Grimlock. @Pixelmaster Since Grimlock and Slug both come with mini-figures does that mean the other Leader Dino's will aswell or does the trend not continue?

13. Prime Rising

Prime Rising Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems like SS86 is meant to be a supplemental line to WFC, so I don't see them duplicating any figures already in WFC, unless it's to make an earth mode variant, like they could for Hound.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Evac

Evac decepticons era

News Credits:
    come on target pre order on friday. This way I still can get the toy promotion

15. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Remain really just interested in Hot Rod and Kup. Blurr never interested me. Jazz looks promising, but I'll either wait for the Stepper repaint or repaint a Jazz myself (maybe Kick Off?). Grimlock looks nice, except for the cartoon colours. But I don't really need a Grimlock for this (Grimlock is with my MP's). Scourge...uh, thinking about it. Don't really care for the hovercraft spaceship.

There was a rumour flying around when those G1 KO's appeared that those were indeed made from moulds left behind in a factory. HasTak used the factory, switched production to another country and didn't bother (because who would want those old toys) to take the moulds with them. The factory changed hands, again and again, until someone realised what they had and used the moulds to restart production.

But it was just a rumour. (It would technically not makes them KO's, just unlicensed production)

16. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    With full details and prototypes or a case similar to listings where you just know which figures are coming but not what they look like?

17. regenisis

regenisis Well-Known Member

my hopes for this line
    Decepticons
    • Blitzwing
    • insecticons
    • Constructicons. i know they are rereleasing combiner wars devastator but i think they should have another crack at it
    Autobots
    • Perceptor
    • Blaster
    • Rest of dinobots are a given
    • wreckgar

• Like Like x 4
  18. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Booooo leaks.

Look, I'm glad we're getting a better Jazz that a lot of fans wanted, but it just feels weird that of all the note-worthy characters in the 86 film to be on the wave's first lineup, its Jazz. Sure, he was in the film and he had A scene, but it feels like an excuse to appease the collectors who complained about the previous Jazz.

To be fair, this WHOLE wave feels like an excuse to get more G1 characters on the shelves to compliment the Kingdom toyline...

But yeah, all the figs look great, especially Grimmy.

I love how both toylines end with a leader class T-Rex.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Darth Convoy

Darth Convoy Well-Known Fan of Needlenose & Skullgrin

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm hoping Gnaw's gonna be a proper deluxe. I loved the little TR guy, but I have a primal need for big, chunky Sharkticons.

• Like Like x 5
  20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Ooofff, hard to tell much from the blurry mess, but GrimlockS proportions and flat primary color palette are looking rough. Bright yellow instead of gold :( 

jazz though looks like he might be amazing and Blurr looks good

all judgements subject to change with proper pix.

• Like Like x 1