Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    They all look great, like Retail mini MP, this is an exciting move that if smart, Hasbro TT will capitalize on 110%, I think they'll be safer and will not double dip, i think thats evident by the figures spread between kingdom and SS, no doubles.

Theoretically, we could over time receive a figure of every character featured in the 86 TFTM film including Devastaror and Optimus Prime but I doubt they'll do Megatron however if laws and atmosphere change years down the line, it becomes more possible.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HasTakCrack

HasTakCrack Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    For PotP Jazz, supposedly a subcontractor had one of the tampos on the figure say "MAGA" in cybertronian letters. I thought it was hilarious, got him a little red hat as well. No reason for people to get offended. :D  And I'm not even american.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StarscreamX

StarscreamX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this Grimlock is taller than the MP one, I am definitely getting it.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So yeah....even though I have the Legends versions of them, that damned G1 packaging is going to make me rebuy all of those freaking Headmasters (and Punch/Counterpunch) for sure.

5. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    That was a timely Target sale though!

• Like Like x 1
  6. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So is the new SS Kup and Blurr like slight retools of their Titan\'s Return molds, or my eyes just playing tricks on me? I don\'t remember with Kup, but I know with Blurr with possible to transform him without removing his head.

7. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I was trying to figure that our as well. I think it's a similar transformation, but with all new parts.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    They're new moulds, and no you could not transform Blurr without removing his head, as the big flat end of his shield sat flush up against his Titan Master port.

Kup at least is very different from his TR figure, in transformation and engineering, though Blurr seems to share the basics of the transformation scheme with his TR since that figure had a really great transformation that left him accurate in both modes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NewDawn

NewDawn Banned

I usually try to like the new more than the old, usually to ease the pain, but with WFC, I genuinely love the trilogy. It isn't perfect, but boy does almost every figure feel like it won't make me reget purchasing it like it would for past lines. Speaking of past lines, and especiallu the Universe era, they all give me a weird feeling. I can't put into words how I really feel about, but I definitely prefer modern design language. Everything feels more cohesive now.

People have said that Hasbro is cheapening the figures, and I now see it. It's very obvious in NERF, but is starting to hit me with Transformers. Yet, I still prefer the newer figures. Something like RTS Jazz feels like it could be any other character if it weren't for the color scheme. The new Jazz just feels more like Jazz. I grew up on Animated and Bayverse, during the Universe era, but it all just feels strange to me. The toys of that time just feel like a mess (not bad, just too much visual noise). Including the regular Studio Series figures, the figures of today just feel like one, and sort of put me at ease (I don't know, it all just feels better to look at).

None of these figures are perfect, with many weak points, but without being a G1 favoritist, I cannot say they are anything other than HasTak greed covered awesomeness.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I like everything, but I wouldn't mind if someone made head replacements for Blurr and Kup along the lines of the iGear head replacement for Generations Kup. A new head can vastly improve even a mediocre figure.

Also, is Grimlock a movie-accurate MP repaint? If not, it's awfully close.

• Like Like x 2
  11. AxalonPrime

AxalonPrime Member

I find that the big red sword that came with POTP Nemesis Prime worked great with POTP Grimlock. I don\'t see it changing for this one. 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Abraxion

Abraxion Active Member

Facebook:
    I can\'t find the Walmart headmasters online anywhere, to preorder or for an instock email. Did they take them down? Can someone send me a link?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Never went up

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I really feel the same way. I really regretted getting Grimlock as soon as I opened him, and regret it even more now that this version is coming out. Ditto Blurr, who I repainted and still don't really like. Only one I kinda liked was Scourge, but this new version blows him away. I never even got TR Hot Rod, Kup, or POTP Jazz because they all looked like shit.

It feels like we've stopped "wasting time" and finally just got the best versions of the characters modern Transformers can give us.

Nope, all-new. Just goes to show how accurate it is, in fact this one is more accurate as it's not "shrugging" like the MP was.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Keylii Prillaman

Keylii Prillaman Active Member

I love this Grimlock! This one is way better than the Power of the Primes version, this is definitely the Grimlock that i\'m adding to my G1 collection! I was never really a fan of the transparent gold color and the red visor on the PotP Grimlock and his size and color scheme just doesn\'t fit well with other figures, but compared to the Studio Series Grimlock I bet his size will be bigger than the PotP one and he does have the blue visor and G1 cartoon accurate colors which I really like, this is probably the best G1 Grimlock that we are ever going to get and I hope that Hasbro makes the other Dinobots like this in the future.

Wheelie on the hand looks great too, wish he wasn\'t a non transforming figure but I\'ll still add him to my collection.

16. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Scraplet

I just ordered all of the 86 guys and Runabout, can’t risk missing out on pairing him with his brother in chaos.

17. grimtnt

grimtnt Paradox

But if you go to that level off animation accuracy then you would also have to say than none of the figures should use any silver either, and instead have light grey.

The fact remains that the animation back then had no way of showing metalic colour.

Silver and gold look better than grey and yellow, although in some cases grey can work better than silver when it comes to faces or some details, it's case by case in that regard

• Like Like x 1
  18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    We're for sure getting Slag, Swoop and Sludge in SS, according to the Leaker Crew who've predicted all of this so far. Only one that's not in the cards so far is Snarl... who could easily be just far off or in the next line after Kingdom.

• Like Like x 1
  19. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

The character model's do not look like this figure's. Nor does Blurr have those unsightly kibbly bits hanging off of his arms in the movie. Between the arm kibble and the weird headsculpt he's a pass for me. Congrats to those who like him.

BlurrCharacterModel.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. StarMaverick

StarMaverick Nemesis Command Upgrader

What are you even talking about???!! G1 is Transformers! If you want a new Bayformer, just stick your finger up your nose and pull one out! I'm sure it will fit in nicely with the rest of your Bayformers collection! Hehe!:lol JUST KIDDING!!!!:p  But you really shouldn't be talking badly about G1!

• Like Like x 5