Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I wasn't quick enough on the Grimlock preorder but I've got Hotrod locked in. Everyone else I feel fine to wait and pick up in stores. All of them look great. Blurr is the biggest disappointment with those horrendously greebled arms. Even in these pictures it looks like they keep falling down. I really wish they would've handled that better.

2. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Hopefully in the next wave we also get Skullsmasher, Weirdwolf, Highbrow, and (I really doubt it but) Misfire.

• Like Like x 3
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Especially since we are still getting more Bayverse figures. The original Studio Series line isn't ending or being replaced.

I wonder if Highbrow, Skullcruncher, and Weirdwolf will be in a second wave.

EDIT: Beaten by a second. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I've pre-ordered all the Studio Series 86, man they look awesome. Jazz is a bit bare deco wise, and I get why, but reprolabels I'm sure will handle that so no big deal.

FFS with this kind of whining you have to at least be 10. Get over it already. You have Studio Series and MP, these are not getting in the way of your walking scrap piles.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Sness

News Credits:
    On early releases of POTP Deluxe jazz underneath his autobot insignia one of the designers put small Cybertronian text that translated into "MAGA." Jazz was later re-released with wave 3 where this was removed

• Like Like x 2
  6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I think I figured out what's through me off about Grimlock: he need abs ~ compared to the animation model, he kinda goes straight from his waist to the ribcage (see the inset gold portion above the waist in the upper right) they kind of approximated it with the red section above the waist, but it feels too short. The solid, primary color blocks on his shins over the sculpted detail loo silly too, should have followed along with some of it, or added some extra detail to the paint apps to match the sculpting. I'd also like to know what they were thinking on his Dino arms, totally whiffed those. if they were on ball joints you could at least have the option of how they were positioned.

Wish they'd gotten a better shot of his head, I really want to see that close up, it looks like its a great sculpt, and the way the tail folds away in the legs looks fantastic.

Hopefully we get these molds in toy decos down the road someday.

7. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    They all look great, like Retail mini MP, this is an exciting move that if smart, Hasbro TT will capitalize on 110%, I think they'll be safer and will not double dip, i think thats evident by the figures spread between kingdom and SS, no doubles.

Theoretically, we could over time receive a figure of every character featured in the 86 TFTM film including Devastaror and Optimus Prime but I doubt they'll do Megatron however if laws and atmosphere change years down the line, it becomes more possible.

• Like Like x 3
  8. HasTakCrack

HasTakCrack Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    For PotP Jazz, supposedly a subcontractor had one of the tampos on the figure say "MAGA" in cybertronian letters. I thought it was hilarious, got him a little red hat as well. No reason for people to get offended. :D  And I'm not even american.

• Like Like x 1
  9. StarscreamX

StarscreamX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If this Grimlock is taller than the MP one, I am definitely getting it.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So yeah....even though I have the Legends versions of them, that damned G1 packaging is going to make me rebuy all of those freaking Headmasters (and Punch/Counterpunch) for sure.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That was a timely Target sale though!

• Like Like x 1
  12. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So is the new SS Kup and Blurr like slight retools of their Titan\'s Return molds, or my eyes just playing tricks on me? I don\'t remember with Kup, but I know with Blurr with possible to transform him without removing his head.

13. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I was trying to figure that our as well. I think it's a similar transformation, but with all new parts.

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    They're new moulds, and no you could not transform Blurr without removing his head, as the big flat end of his shield sat flush up against his Titan Master port.

Kup at least is very different from his TR figure, in transformation and engineering, though Blurr seems to share the basics of the transformation scheme with his TR since that figure had a really great transformation that left him accurate in both modes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NewDawn

NewDawn Banned

I usually try to like the new more than the old, usually to ease the pain, but with WFC, I genuinely love the trilogy. It isn't perfect, but boy does almost every figure feel like it won't make me reget purchasing it like it would for past lines. Speaking of past lines, and especiallu the Universe era, they all give me a weird feeling. I can't put into words how I really feel about, but I definitely prefer modern design language. Everything feels more cohesive now.

People have said that Hasbro is cheapening the figures, and I now see it. It's very obvious in NERF, but is starting to hit me with Transformers. Yet, I still prefer the newer figures. Something like RTS Jazz feels like it could be any other character if it weren't for the color scheme. The new Jazz just feels more like Jazz. I grew up on Animated and Bayverse, during the Universe era, but it all just feels strange to me. The toys of that time just feel like a mess (not bad, just too much visual noise). Including the regular Studio Series figures, the figures of today just feel like one, and sort of put me at ease (I don't know, it all just feels better to look at).

None of these figures are perfect, with many weak points, but without being a G1 favoritist, I cannot say they are anything other than HasTak greed covered awesomeness.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I like everything, but I wouldn't mind if someone made head replacements for Blurr and Kup along the lines of the iGear head replacement for Generations Kup. A new head can vastly improve even a mediocre figure.

Also, is Grimlock a movie-accurate MP repaint? If not, it's awfully close.

• Like Like x 2
  17. AxalonPrime

AxalonPrime Member

I find that the big red sword that came with POTP Nemesis Prime worked great with POTP Grimlock. I don\'t see it changing for this one. 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Abraxion

Abraxion Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I can\'t find the Walmart headmasters online anywhere, to preorder or for an instock email. Did they take them down? Can someone send me a link?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sness

News Credits:
    Never went up

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I really feel the same way. I really regretted getting Grimlock as soon as I opened him, and regret it even more now that this version is coming out. Ditto Blurr, who I repainted and still don't really like. Only one I kinda liked was Scourge, but this new version blows him away. I never even got TR Hot Rod, Kup, or POTP Jazz because they all looked like shit.

It feels like we've stopped "wasting time" and finally just got the best versions of the characters modern Transformers can give us.

Nope, all-new. Just goes to show how accurate it is, in fact this one is more accurate as it's not "shrugging" like the MP was.

• Like Like x 4