Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I forgot. It’ll work either way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    The only headmaster I'm interested in is Mindeipe since I missed him.

3. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

Was able to get Jazz, Kup, and Grimlock at TFSource and Hot Rod and Blurr from Pulse. Missing Thrust is painful and I hope I get another shot at him.

4. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Only one I preordered was Thrust. My Collector Club Runamuck and Runabout are holding their own just fine. Everything else should see mass release so I'm not too darned to worry about them right now.

5. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    Geeze did walmart miss the memo? (am PT is 12PM ET!!!) frickn Walmart

6. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The more that i look at blurr headsculpt the more i hate it
    Yep im keeping my tr one i didnt grow up with the 86 movie so i don't care about accuracy

• Like Like x 3
  7. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ordered everything I wanted, basically all those series reveals, from Amazon. Actually, at first I got them at BBTS, but I switched. And BBTS, if you are reading this, I switched them not only because they were a couple bucks cheaper, but actually because you have been taking 4 days+ to actually ship my pile of loot when I hit "ship" and that's been tiresome.

Of course, I didn't pre-order Thrust because he's another Target exclusive that was sold out instantly.

EDIT: Apparently he was up for a little while which is quite shocking, but I was still not on for it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  8. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    TR redecos

• Like Like x 1
  9. TotalMackerel

TotalMackerel Well-Known Member

Yeah they've got someone doing head sculpts/faces that shouldn't.

• Like Like x 5
  10. happy

happy Taxation is Theft.

I was pumped for that Blurr figure until I saw the giant torpedo tubes under his arms...sigh. Also, Kup's chest doesn't look right with a dark blue windshield. Reprolables are you listening?

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    The retro Headmasters look nice! I'll probably grab the Autobots if I see them on the pegs, though I probably won't go out of my way to find them. I'm getting old and hunting toys is getting hard nowadays. XD

• Like Like x 1
  12. FORT MAXie

FORT MAXie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  13. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here, but I might get someone else like Chrome Dome to trigger the free shipping...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

First off, Studio Series 86 first wave looks good and I can not wait to get them and they are some minor problems to them but they are not bothering me unlike some people have.Now we move onto the Walmart exclusive retro Headmasters line and I have to say I am not to impress because well I wanted more G1 reissues but instead we get Titans Return reissues, but I will still pick up these guys anyway because I only have Fort Max and Skullcruncher(Oops I mean Skullsmasher from Titan Return.)from Titans Return that are the main Headmasters but I still want my G1 reissues and this means that the G1 reissue line is dead and Blaster was the last,thanks Hasbro with your overpriceing you killed the line! Last is of the Earthrise stuff and I can say this,more damn Target exclusives, bad enough I can't complete my collection, while as a collector I am frustrated with this crap but they do look very nice and I am loving that Thrust though but samething like all Target exclusives it wines up being hard to get and it going to be scapler heaven agian.

15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I got mine in. I feel lucky now. Finally lol (with Target exclusives anyway)

Yeah they were still up at 12:25 I forgot for 20 mins then had to do a phone order (always my phone don't let me)

Grindor? Well if you mean Ldr Grimlock, he does look an awful lot like FansToys Grindor (aka Grimlock) :) 

Noon like everyone else. ;)  I know how you feel I totally missed Gijoe Classified Firefly few weeks back. But that sold out in minutes ugh.

- - - - - - - - - - - -. - - - -

QUOTE="artiepants, post: 18431314, member: 39665"]the whole arm design was way more balanced on the TR figure.

they look almost twice as large to me... the TR ones only go to the elbow (and seem to fold more flush and on the Legends version the colors mesh well so they don't stand out was much)[/QUOTE]

Can you please show me where to find pics or especially the links to see them sale online? I can't find them here on google or wm

16. zannus

zannus Well-Known Member

I'm kinda tempted to get the Devastator box set and sell the 7 figures I already have since I can't find a SS Long Haul to complete my collection at a decent price.

17. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    That's what I would do. I learned many years ago collecting G1 figures that the accessories were super inflated that if I had an incomplete figure, I would sell it and re-buy a complete one, even with instructions and tech spec for the same or even less.

18. "SR"

"SR" The Ginyu Man

News Credits:
    I am so SICK of Target exclusives. Missed out on Thrust and now I'm going to have to try and hunt one down in the middle of Christmas shopping season..which means checking popfindr multiple times a day and then driving out there as soon as one comes into stock... yuck!

19. ApocalypseThruster

ApocalypseThruster Local “Why aren’t they here?!” Poster

News Credits:
    Honest opinions on everything revealed that I haven't gone over:
    • Blurr looks really clean (minus the "mailbox arms"), may bite the bullet on him considering I didn't get the TR release.
    • Hot Rod looks EXTREMELY clean... the 2-Pack Cyclonus release is gonna go now, we've got a new king.
    • Scourge may not look accurate, but he looks imposing... definitely what one of Galvatron's generals should be.
    • Kup looks really good too... really all I have to say.
    • Grimlock definitely has the right proportions, being a giant bulky behemoth. Considering I don't have any other G1 Grimlocks... yeah, he's a gimme. Wheelie has more effort put into him than the other "mini-figs", but in all likelyhood I may just buy the Legends class Wheelie from Universe 2.0 and use him as a stand-in.
    • Devastator pack is a skip... mostly because I have all 9 figures, LOL.
    • Micron Pack is tempting... I've been collecting Micromasters, and it'd be fun to add more-
    • TR Reissues are cool... Hardhead I'm more of a fan of his faceplate face (despite the fact it's not really accurate), same with Brainstorm (who I'm just not gonna get, T30 Brainstorm still does the job). Chromedome and Mindwipe are clear purchases though. Let's just hope if they reissue Weirdwolf/Wolfwire, that he doesn't have the breakage issue anymore.
    • Thrust... yeah, if I have Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp, then this guy's going in too. Plus, he'll be easier to get than the Conehead 2-Pack... gh, I just hope that gets restocked sometime.
    • Runabout is a clear purchase here. Runamuck's just not gonna be complete without him, and helps I like the Battlechargers design-wise.
    Honestly, I'm fine with them, so long as they're stocked well. The previous ER exclusives kinda sucked when it came to stocking, but recently we had SS Leadfoot who ended up getting stocked pretty well once his street-date came.

20. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Think I\'ll stick with TR Takara Blurr, the arms on the SS kill it for me.

Everything else is perfdct though, cannot wait to have beefy Grimlock!!

• Like Like x 1