Studio Series 86 Kup & Hot Rod And Kingdom Fossilizer Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Brum Bot, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Tony (robotoybase) and some eBay sellers had huge stocks of loose TFCC exclusives, it's impossible that it was ordinary theft. It's almost as if the factory intentionally made more and sold them to some retailers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    &

Last I heard, (and it very well could've changed) Has/Tak doesn't own the factories, they lease time/space at them. (Again, this may have changed since.)

If that's true, I can't imagine they'd sit there and let the workers just make a bunch of runs "jus' 'cause". There'd be money, time, resources involved. I mean, it's remotely possible that the factory is making illicit runs (lunchtime specials, anyone?) but at the aforementioned magnitude? That's a lot of excess being produced and they can't all be factory rejects, I mean, look at all of the missing paint apps, missing accessories, missing body parts figures that customers do end up with...

Let's put it this way... If Hasbro isn't producing these extra figures, they need to stop the bleeding, now, because you and I ultimately pay for it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

How cares if it's stolen? it's a weird thing to worry about. Hasbro is a mega corporation, the underpaid factory workers selling off their toys to supplement their pay sounds good to me.

• Like Like x 4
  4. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Yoinkus

News Credits:
    I never denied it being stolen. I just said it's an early figure, and it is early isn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will see these officially Friday if the FF Friday post is anything to go by they state the eagerly awaited new SS figures. Wonder if like the kingdom reveals we will get some we dont know about and or been leaked ie BW Megs and Primal came in under the radar.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    And the arms all red, he doesn't have Grey on his arms. If they release that deco, I'm gonna buy it. I expect at least Takara to do this at some point, but I'm also hoping for weeks that they will do this in studio series 86 next year. Cool I'm not the only one.

7. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Springer also doesn't look good. He looks closer to his original look, but his thrilling 30 mold is much better. But if Springer gets a new mold or at least without Siege poop stains, I might reevaluate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Exactly. I don't really care for the price if the figure is nearly perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. I actually prefer all of my old chugs so far. Even the drift remold Blurr, because the car mode is more realistic and the robot is so incredibly cool. Extremely articulated arms also, if you know what you're doing.. CW Magnus also beats siege for me and don't get me started on Arcee.

To me SS86 Hot Rod is the only unquestionable improvement

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trevor Belmont

Trevor Belmont Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the heeeeeck? If you love that hideously ugly 1000 year old animation SO much, why even bother with the generations line? Save some more money and the new Masterpiece line has your taste covered completely.

I'm so happy he has grey in his forearms and I even Love the grey on his lower legs. It breaks up an otherwise incredibly bland look

• Like Like x 1
  11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Because I don't collect Masterpiece. They're too large, expensive and complex. And your opinion of "bland" is irrelevant in a conversation of doing a screen accurate movie deco of a figure from a retro themed toyline about capturing that character's likeness as closely as possible. You can debate opinions on color layout preferences all day, but that's boring. An accurate animation color layout is set in stone and factual, no opinion required and accuracy to the source material shouldn't be owned by a premium import toyline.

If you're so concerned about getting exciting and new color layouts, maybe you should stick to the new mainlines like RiD, Cyberverse, ect where they do that sort of thing regularly. I also find it absolutely hilarious that you refer to the animation colors as "boring" when 99% of the standard red & blue colored Optimus Prime figures have grey instead of white. How is that little variety in his color layout across the majority of his releases not boring, exactly?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1