Studio Series 66 - Overload

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by rikkomba, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Still hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    Yeah I guess so. This is just one denial guy versus many others.

• Like Like x 4
  2. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In Stock

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get Overload. He will be a torso or robot most of the time.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    My overload shipped today from amazon! Should be here Friday and I can’t wait!
    Divisive meaning one troll vs everyone else?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Okay, can we pease move on and discuss the figure and not the reviewer?

My copy is arriving Friday via Amazon's $30 listing. I'm not overly excited to get it as my enthusiasm has waned a good bit, but it will be fun to experience the mold.
    I do plan on weathering it as I did the rest of the team, and it looks to be as detailed as the others so will be a lot of fun to paint as they were.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Honestly, now that more people are getting their figures, it's shipping from Amazon, showing up in stores...can we possibly just have a new thread made for it that doesn't have an incredibly biased and misleading opening post?

• Like Like x 8
  6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Mine was just changed to Saturday. From what I get from the local sightings thread we live within the same area in PA.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

I think you are having a parallel conversation here. I think SS Devastator is one of the best combiners ever made, but I do fear for its ankles - so I ended up selling it. But I think it's a great set. I also think that SS Overload is a pretty limited figure: in its alt mode and in its poseability.

There are many combiners out there where one or more members of the team are sacrificed to make the gestalt work. This is no exception.

I am afraid that the negativity you are talking about is "perceived negativity" from a few other users who decided to convert their frustration into trolling.
    SS Overload is OK. It's a 5/10 for me. Not great, but a fundamental part of a very fun combiner.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Picked up mine today and I’m just in love with this guy. Haven’t had a chance to combine them all yet because the rest of the team is in storage but man, couldn’t stop fiddling with and posing this guy all night.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Revoticus

Revoticus Big Combaticon fan

Mine just arrived yesterday and I found out that you can store Devastator neck piece inside of Scavenger. You just snap it into the large cavity in front of the vehicle mode, it looks so much better and fits the movie where part of Devastator's neck came from Scavenger.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Still waiting for it to pop up where I am. Can you show us a picture of what you mean?

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pics please! I'm getting my Overload tomorrow and I would love to try this.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Revoticus

FB_IMG_1597961447748.jpg
    Here you go, the piece holds there well enough

• Like Like x 11
  13. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah that looks quite nice, I will be doing that for sure. Thanks!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dachande

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today. Glad I got it for $30 from Amazon.
    Bot mode is decent. It takes some work to get the arms to move convincingly, but overall it isn't bad. Leg and ankle articulation are nice, so at least posing is workable.
    Alt mode is...disappointing. For being an articulated dump truck is has no articulation at all. It doesn't roll nicely, but I think the alt mode is easily forgettable.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Revoticus

IMG_20200822_083105[1].jpg Overload looks great in hand, I wish that his arms have more joints for dynamic posing but he can still look imposing just standing there.
    Vehicle mode in my opinion is his weakest mode but I really like the heft of it, still better than Scrapper's vehicle mode.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  16. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone seen him in stores?
    I wanna go to my local stores to check but I hate the usual dissapointment I find when I go.
    I would check my local stores stock listings online but they are utter shit.
    My Target lists only 2 products for Transformers and I know damn well that that's not the case. Wouldn't surprise me if there's an employee who's also a scalper considering the multiple occasions where I have seen the figure boxes with the actual thing switched out for some cheap knockoff.
    Edit:
    Just got back from Target.

da319fed689edb53ced39dcce7c995f6.jpg

Just a bunch of Cyberverse gimmick crap, the usual Shockwave shelfwarmers for Siege and 2 Cliffjumpers, and a few Arcee triplets for Studio Series.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  17. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Picked him up from Walmart. Going out on a bang. This guy is a lot of fun. Transformation isn't too hard. Does the job. Sure, he will spend most his time in Devy mode but, he is god as a single bot himself.

• Like Like x 3
  18. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Mine came in yesterday from Amazon (that $29.99 price, so nice).

Didn't mess around with him too much before I slapped him together with the rest of the team to finally have Devs on display.

He looks really good, I absolutely love the design of his bot mode. I don't know that he's my favorite of the bunch, they are all such an amazingly diverse group it's sorta hard to pinpoint which is my favorite of the bot modes. I don't know if any look quite as good as the original RotF Voyager Mixmaster, that design was just *chef's kiss*. Scavenger translated surprisingly well at the end of the day, Scrapper is one of the more normal designs but it just works so well here, Overload has the whole four-armed swiss army knife look going for him, and Hightower is just a wtf sorta design. Scrapmetal is a decent standalone figure, but just sort of boring (compared to the rest, I still like him), Longhaul is lovably chonky but I think a mix between this and the original voyager would have worked better, Mixmaster just didn't do the design justice, Rampage is just fine.

...bit of a tangent there.

His articulation is fine, so yeah, first post is just full of it. Mine wasn't the best at standing, I did have to make concessions in posing to balance, but it wasn't too bad. Transformation is efficient and fun. Alt mode looks good for what it is, nice size.

So yeah, didn't play with him enough before the combination to really have the most complete opinion on him but I do think he's worth a pickup. Obviously you're getting him if you're putting together Devs, because duh. I do think I'd recommend him as a standalone figure. Maybe not before some of the other boys in the team, I think Scrapper does take the crown as the best individual figure of the bunch, but well worth having even if you're not looking to make the biggest boy.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Dachande

News Credits:
    If only the outside arms had forward movement at their "shoulders" and he had a waist swivel, Overload could easily be the second best of the Constructicon team (I'm partial to Scrapper).
    Quite easy to get into dynamic posing, and with a shelf presence provided by the sheer bulk of the figure, this one is a definite winner.
    Bot wise.
    Alt mode is mislabeled as an articulated dumper seeing as how it has NO articulation outside of rolling.
    Oh well. Still a fun figure. I'll personally never combine them, so the team will look great on the shelf in front of the Supreme release from RotF.
    20200824_070744.jpg 20200824_070757.jpg 20200824_070809.jpg 20200824_070822.jpg 20200824_070835.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  20. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking mine with the warped Devastator left thigh / Overload back right shoulder panel was an outlier. Haven't seen anyone else's with the same problem and completely missed it at first. Begrudgingly, decided to get a 2nd one when out at Target (saw it while looking to see if any stores got ER voyager wave 3), and no panel warping either. Rampage's connection is still tight.

• Like Like x 1