Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Lazerwave, Dec 14, 2019.
thats just baddas
Apologies that I'm using the box for my grimlock statue as a stand
Megatron is pretty boss, retool or not. Everything tabs in great on mine and the paint is sick. I'm having a ton of fun whooshing him around my office right now.
And Long Haul and Jazz, I believe.
Bonecrusher also has what passes for ankle tilts, with his strange feet.
Blackout and Grimlock have them.
i thought there were a bunch more, but maybe not what other consider ankle tilt..
Hightower has ankle tilts, kind of...
This figure surprised me, I like him a lot more than I thought I would!
I also re-sculpted thre chest and cut off a lot of the crotch area.
FYI Megatron is Jewish (or Moslem).
Isnt this the Megatron that had the face visible in vehicle mode or was that just in the initial concept art back when he had a shark face? Either way the figure hides his head so i thought that was odd.
jet mode on mine barely holds together. i'm probably doing something wrong.
He's supposed to have the head exposed. This toy is inaccurate, for better or worse.
Make sure the heels spurs peg onto the two pegs on his robot mode back. Mine wouldn't stay together until I realized I'd been missing that.
Pretty neat toy. Only hate how the panels the shoulders are on are made of rubber. I don't mind the chest being reused from ROTF Megatron too much. Wouldve liked the nosecone to become his fusion cannon.
I think that's my problem. There's no grip on those at all. I'll try floor polishing the peg holes on the feet next time I feel like tinkering.
anyone figure out a potential temporary energy weapon?
* The vehicle wings folding away into the legs is pretty inspired, and makes a very clean robot mode (at least above the knees)
* Feels quite accurate to the source material, despite inaccuracies.
* The sculpting and silvery paint work makes a very striking overall presence.
* Vehicle mode is kind of a clumsy mess, but it was never exactly a winner even at its best IMO, so ... yeah.
* A nitpick about something not even technically in the design, but the mold is screaming for a big honkin' arm cannon.
Overall: It compelled me to buy a toy of a design I don't really care for, so that's gotta say something.
Agreed. The '07 design was probably my least favorite for Megs but this figure brought it around for me.
Separate names with a comma.