Studio Series 44 Leader Class Optimus Prime - Jetwings

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Fort Max, Aug 10, 2019.

1. TheRealMM2

TheRealMM2 Member

Any of you know how to fix Optimus Prime's grill? Mine keeps on popping out? Send pictures to help me out please

• Like Like x 1
  2. richacm220

richacm220 Well-Known Member

I have SS32 and 44 and both grills are fine. Did you check how the hands are positioned?

• Like Like x 1
  3. IndominusPrime

IndominusPrime The untamable and unstoppable dinobot.

Hey there, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting. I completly forgot about your request and I hope I can still be of some help to you! Here are the pictures you asked for. I hope this helps, and if you already found the help you needed, then great! 20200731_133137.jpg 20200731_133126.jpg 20200731_133115.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I sold my Earthrise OP after a few days cause he was super boring compared to this one. A whole-ass trailer that does almost nothing that a 35 year old toy didn't do? It was lame, and even though the base figure is good it isn't $50 good (since I consider the trailer to be useless). This figure is awesome though.

• Like Like x 6
  5. TheRealMM2

TheRealMM2 Member

I believe I have the hands in the right position, many reviewers like Emgo have them the way I do

I didn't have the tabs fully sanded down, ill see if fully sanding them down works.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IndominusPrime

Let me know if it works.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheRealMM2

TheRealMM2 Member

Currently I sanded down the tabs as much as I could, but still isnt working, do u move the hands in any way?

• Like Like x 1
  8. IndominusPrime

How do you have them set up curently?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kamen Rider Decade

Kamen Rider Decade A Passing-Through Kamen Rider...

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    From what I've read over on TF Wiki, the grille is supposedly clear plastic painted over entirely in silver, and it's pretty easy for one of the tabs in there to break, leaving a bit of a gap in truck mode.

Lookin' at mine, it seems that like the windows, SS44's grille is also solid blue plastic painted silver; the tab in question did break, but it's blue in there. Maybe it's a thinner plastic? Just guessing, since it's pretty clear that with this version of the mold, they pulled a Reveal the Shield Hot Rodr by removing all the clear plastic in favor of painted over/solid color plastic.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    pull out his abdominal piece and look there, on mine the pegs are clear plastic

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kamen Rider Decade

Kamen Rider Decade A Passing-Through Kamen Rider...

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can't get a decent picture even with the flash. But at one side, even this looks to have been blue plastic painted over in red (and a rather lousy coat of gunmetal gray, too...); meanwhile, the extra piece that comes with Jetfire (the 2007/RotF abdomen like on SS32) is metallic red painted over dark gray plastic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I'm finding myself getting increasingly impatient about the DNA Design kit for this guy. Was supposed to be out in July, and now looking like it's not even going to make August.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Squid66

Squid66 New Member

Hi everyone,
    Got a problem and hope one of you can help me find a solution.
    My trailer was a dud and has a bent pin on one of the door hinges in the back of the trailer.
    Does anyone have a solution to rectify this or solve it.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Forge

Forge Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a ss44 for a decent price?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Laulau

Laulau Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm getting tired of this game.
    I finally found a SS-44 in store at a "decent" price (60 euros is still heavy for this).
    I already have the SS-32 but I bought this for the trailer and .... the better paint job (was planning to switch windshields to get the better out of the two).
    But I transformed it and this appeared :
    IMG_8135.JPG

So, at the end, a lame paint job. And I don't know if the other one that was in store will be better if I exchange it.
    The whole "we'll make you buy a OP three times" is pretty disrespectfull to begin with. But they don't even deliver something good at the end.
    They are wearing me off of collecting with things like this.
    And getting this the day after the breakage of my Blackarachnia (WFC Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K5 Blackarachnia) was not good for my mood either.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Scourge2112

Scourge2112 Nobody's Hero

Finally found & bought this guy on eBay complete minus clear plastic tray for the package for less than $200 ($170 including shipping & tax). I was smart enough to wait for a better OP than SS05 RotF or SS32 '07Movie but then waited too long on this guy for a sale that never came. Now that I have him I would like to bump his last-October-old review thread to bring up some personal points, observations & pics I haven't seen on here.
    I agree that he has awesome positives & nagging negatives. My Studio Series SS44 DotM Optimus Prime's truck mode has as much trouble pegging together as others had, right down to snapping the bottom grill peg when pushing it the wrong way. It also seems as though the legs are slightly too low compared to the rest of the truck because it was hard getting the gas tanks pegged to the legs. Worst of all though is that his wheels refuse to roll. For fans of good truck modes I'd recommend waiting for a better version of DotM optimus or finding an older one.
    Trailer throwdown! DotM Movie trilogy Optimus's trailer looks better & scales better than SS, & if you don't mind one of the rear wheel pairs off the ground from the height technically being too short, It still barely fits SS44 minus the blue color. That one is also is an empty trailer perfect for storing 2 legends class figures inside, somewhat like Earthrise Optimus. About Earthrise....holy crap; I guess Astrotrain wasted most of Earthrise leader wave 1's plastic & I see now why everyone complained about Prime's empty trailer: for the same price, SS44 has a LOT more of Everything that Earthrise Prime has. Still love all three of these though.
    IMG_0080.JPG
    SS44's trailer is still good enough for what it does. Vehicle Mode comparison with Studio Series SS78 RotF Sideswipe, SS10 Jazz, & Dark of the Moon deluxe Ratchet & Track Battle Roadbuster.
    IMG_0082.JPG
    I do find that the big guns fit under the trailer in the opposite direction better than the official way.
    IMG_0083.JPG
    I also really like that, similar to Kingdom Rattrap, Prime's ion blaster can conseal itself in the gaps of his truck mode without pushing against anything,loosely rattling inside or dragging on the ground.
    IMG_0084.JPG
    Prime's robot mode is quite opposite the truck, seeming like he can do anything and look awesome doing it. Joint & peg/hole tolerances here are great & I'm loving the ankle joints that go forward, back & side-to-side. Armory also looks & works as it should. I'm just surprised it took 8 years just to get an official one. The shield is the worst thing about this mode as it's too small & barely has the peg design or room to be properly wielded. The arm panels also get in the way of the axe someways. It and all the other accessories peg into the armory nicely.
    IMG_0085.JPG
    Slightly moving the truck panels under the arms allows for wrist tilt without compromising the look too much, but trying to work the shield is worse. As for the unused flight pack, THEdeath'sHEAD's placement shown earlier in page 5 in this thread works great. In spite of it's looseness it manages to be stable enough to not move around too much & look plenty film-accurate. The trailer's wheels go around some blocks on the jetpack, the pack's straps can hinge slightly over the trailer, & the pack's boosters go inbetween the armory's supports & ring. The upright wingtips even somewhat mimic the oversized shield-like parts on the armory in the movie. All this without actual pegs/holes & without permanent, extensive modification!
    Thank you THEdeath'sHEAD!
    IMG_0086.JPG
    Robot comparison with SS78 RotF Sideswipe, SS35 Jetfire, & Dark of the Moon voyager Megatron & Shockwave & deluxe Ratchet.
    IMG_0088.JPG
    "You die!"
    IMG_0089.JPG
    "...who would you be without me, Prime?" "Time to find out."
    IMG_0090.JPG
    Flight tech.
    IMG_0091.JPG
    "I'm coming for you!"
    IMG_0093.JPG
    "Rraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!" Also I like how the boosters can swivel to this position:
    IMG_0092.JPG
    But of course a big reason to get this guy is to better acquaint him with this lovable old rustbucket. Also the abs piece that Prime comes with doesn't fit well in Jetfire's chest, though the combination abs piece that Jetfire comes with seems to fit in Optimus's truck mode fine; that one might be smaller. It also pegs into Prime's chest very tightly. Might need a tool to pry it out.
    IMG_0094.JPG
    Jet Power Optimus! The torso-head cannon is far too big & heavy, it's barrel tip pieces come off easily, and Jetfire's back panels don't lock, but all the combination locking points are solid & Optimus is still very poseable, so long as balancing his new jetpack is taken into account.
    IMG_0097.JPG
    Who needs a cumbersome cannon when they have an arm-mounted cane minigun & a massive great axe? The back panels can be slanted back to make a more accurate silhouette. Also does not need the inner toes out for poses.
    IMG_0098.JPG
    The head-cannon works better as a separate gun emplacement, perfect for smaller figures.It's even got shields & a control stick.
    IMG_0107.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG
    RotF Scattorshot sure is happy to try out a new gun!
    (My Canon 'Powershot SD1300 IS Digital Elph seems to exaggerate bright & dim lightings & I don't know if I can fix it. Feel free to comment advice for using this camera on my profile page.)
    IMG_0110.JPG
    Finally, here is OP in front of his Battle of Chicago Driller attack backdrop.
    IMG_0114.JPG
    Overall a fantastically worthy experience finally getting this definitive Movie Trilogy Optimus & messing with these toys all day for this review. "For today, in the name of freedom, we take the battle to them!"
    IMG_0115.JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  17. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Damn, are aftermarket prices really that crazy??

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah that is an insane amount of money to spend on this. I love mine but I am very comfortable with the $50 I spent. Plus I had to spend another $40 or whatever for the dna kit.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Scourge2112

Scourge2112 Nobody's Hero

I've searched 'Studio Series 44 Optimus Prime' on eBay once a week for about 18 months straight & I haven't seen one (specifically complete with backdrop and box) , opened or unopened, for less than $200 until this last monday. I personally considered him a definitive, high quality, worthy Optimus for my Movieverse collection so when it was listed Buy It Now for $170 I bit the bullet. For me anyway, disappointing truck mode aside, I found him worth it. Most likely not worth that price to many others though.
    Also, to those who don't care about the box or backdrop, today's lowest price for SS44 complete on eBay in the USA is going Buy It Now for $160+ $8.22 shipping. Seller has other complete figures, mostly loose as well.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Did you check the boards here? It's always worth it to check to see what other members are selling, and I've never had anyone cheat me or anything like that.

• Like Like x 2