Studio Series 44 Leader Class Optimus Prime - Jetwings

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Fort Max, Aug 10, 2019.

1. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

How does the jet pack attach?

2. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I am bothered that, out of all the attempts, HasTak has not managed to make one trailer for movie Prime with the proper proportions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    To prime, you fold down the big silver panel on his back and flatten out the blue panels with the silver tanks on them in line with that then the jetpack has one big flat panel that clips into several spots but most securely to the blue panels with the tanks on them. The harness parts you can see are just decorative, they sit on his shoulders.

For the trailer you fold out the roof panels, fold up the wings in a straight line (they clip in to one of the roof panels and each other so they stay in place nicely) then you clip the flattened roof assembly into the side panels with a number of little tabs at the side.

It doesn't seem to attach to the weapon ring in any way and even if it could it would only block it.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

For the price, I still think this is worth it. After the inevitable Reprolables set, the trailer should look fine, and since I skipped the 2nd SS OP, this one can go with my SS Jetfire! Then I may just see how good the trailer looks/attaches with my WFC:S OP. Honestly, for the amount of stuff you get for $50, I don't think they did half bad. It's not mind-blowing, but I think it works just find, and frankly, I never expected them to even attempt it due to limited budgets. I can't wait for mine from Hasbro Pulse to finally come i.

Thanks for the photos and reviews!

• Like Like x 3
  5. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Never did pick up 32 Optimus, so this is my first time with the mold. Definitely an improvement over the Rotf Optimus.

TheKupSSLPrime3.jpg

The jet pack is pretty neat.

TheKupSSLPrime4.jpg

I like his weapons, but that orange sword doesn't fit in his hand properly and is really loose. The shield is great except for the fact that it can't be held like a proper shield should be.

TheKupSSLPrime5.jpg TheKupSSLPrime6.jpg

Truck mode is everything I could ever ask for. Trailer is a bit on the plain side, though I honestly don't care. I'm just really happy to have a proper Dotm Optimus in my collection with his trailer. :lol 

TheKupSSLPrime1.jpg TheKupSSLPrime2.jpg

• Like Like x 22
  6. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Now those are great pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steam235

steam235 Well-Known Member

Ugh. Just saw that in Emgo's review you can not attach the trailer to the Bumblebee Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  8. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my friend Underyourcloset will be disappointed to hear that.
    Ah well no big loss to me,

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dudicus

Dudicus G2 Combiner dudebro.

News Credits:
    Love how they got the fade on the truck nose. I wouldn’t mind trading up from my SS-32. But I can’t believe that there have been three Primes in Studio Series so far and not a single one had his face. It would’ve been nice if this one could’ve had the face and the mouthplate as swappable parts like SS VW Bee.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I’m excited to get this guy. Mine SHOULD finally be coming from Amazon on Wednesday.

I definitely see this getting a DNA upgrade kit: fill in the engines, replace some of the weapons (clear orange plastic sword/axe, bigger shield), add Prime’s DOTM gun. Maybe go whole hog and include the knuckle dusters and the hooks!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Furnace

Furnace Ant-droid at a picnic

Oh, if this set had been released in 2011, I have no doubt it would have been one of the crown jewels of the DOTM line! As it is, this Prime looks like a joy to handle and an impressive shelf piece. I can just imagine what wonders a good custom paint job could do to increase its visual presence!

• Like Like x 1
  12. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    Wondering if something can be plugged into the shield to make it work like an actual shield

13. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

This is the biggest main line Hasbro ripoff since... well, Hasbro has been doing a lot of bad ripping off lately. The trailer is just one big grey block compared to the well colored cab, those weapons are cheap looking and he can't even hold the (overly tiny) shield like it's a shield.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I love this set. Sure the trailer should be bigger but it’s still a lot of fun. Some little nitpicks all around (hollow guns, painted windows, only two wheels on the trailer roll) but the jetwing mode is way easier to handle and pose than Jetfire Prime and the base figure is better. I’m spraying mine silver though.

8B723330-E098-41B8-8524-35EA1C80CFA0.jpeg D8E03509-9B93-4A24-958F-46CBB2687BA8.jpeg AD817A06-D77E-42EA-B9D3-FCC40C1D455F.jpeg 5D787A16-2BE9-41C5-B1A2-A48F5EB00E74.jpeg 87320550-AE35-480C-A7B0-B964787E158E.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  15. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    @Shmoptimus Prime Thank you for your photos! They make this figure incredible and really highlight the great qualities about it.

There are obviously some negatives about it and they can very easily be huge turn offs for some people but I can look past them and appreciate this figure for what it is. Hasbro actually gave us a transforming trailer, that isn't just a hollow box, a jetwing, and a whole bunch of accessories. We could have just gotten a reissue of SS-32 Prime with just an empty trailer and nothing else.

I think this figure is phenomenal and can't wait to find one in my local area! Keep us updated with your painting. :thumb 

• Like Like x 3
  16. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think one or two passes over the trailer with a nice metallic silver spray paint is all it would take really.

17. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Any finished photos with that painted trailer?

18. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wow I’m so glad my pics made you happy! And yeah that’s exactly how I think of this set. The trailer is better and more interesting than every single Optimus trailer we’ve ever gotten with so much cool functionality and yet all people can say is “it’s grey!” But I notice that most people complaining about this set (and indeed transformers in general) don’t own it. There are definitely flaws though but nothing that’s a dealbreaker for me personally. And I know how good pics can change people’s minds so I’d be happy to share as many as you all want.
    I ordered some clear coat spray and an orange paint marker (for the sword and axe) that won’t arrive til tomorrow but after that don’t worry there’ll be pics ;) 

For now here are a couple other pics:

E3F7AFC5-E130-470E-BD12-D2BBC5853442.jpeg 16F0C6AF-058B-437E-BC2C-FF49155BE56F.jpeg DF184BEA-726C-4313-A3FC-9DE5ACA98364.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Nice.
    I'm curious to see how that trailer looks with the metallic coat.

20. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Looks cool! Can Siege Optimus use the shield (and other weapons by extension) by any chance?

Also side note regarding the trailer size; if the trailer is 11 to 12” long 3.3” height than it is more or less proper scale for a approximate 6.5 to 6.6” Bay Optimus (28’).