Studio Series #34 Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream Gaga, Jan 23, 2019.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Looking at that picture of the truck mode, I almost feel like the cab itself is larger than it needed to be...

2. Supreme Unicron

Supreme Unicron Dutch TF fan

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I really like him. Only the blocky lower legs are a bit meh. The legs in general could've been a bit more bulky like his ROTF design. But it doesn't really bother me. He looks fantastic.
    I also disagree that he doesn't feel like a Leader class. Even though he's the same size as Voyager ROTF Megatron, he "feels" bigger. He also has a lot more paint, has Igor, and has the cloak (which I love).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 31
  3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I can agree that he feels a bit cheap for the price point what with the hollow cab and being practically same size as his voyager ROTF counterpart (though thats more cos how huge that Megatron is for the size class). Im just a bit disappointed his trailer cant turn at the hitch like in the Dotm Voyager. And that cape thing is pretty poor.

4. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Cybertron, you are saved! At last...

IMG_2542.jpg

Obligatory comparison shot:

IMG_2573.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's the arm panels that betray his leader class designation for me. Every SS leader class toy has been bastions of engineering and creativity but he doesn't reach the same heights, overall.

Still my favorite Megs toy, for sure. I'm just happy to finally have a DOTM Megs that doesn't look like a strung out junkie.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like this one alot. I'm a megatron fanboy...I buy almost every megatron, and I like this one a hell of alot more than I thought.

One question...on your guys copy, if you try to stand the legs straight or back (running pose) does the chest pop out of place? I swear it didnt do that out of the package...so I'm not sure if I moved a joint I cant see or what's going on. But If i make his legs stand straight up, the bottom of the torso wants to pop out...

Anyways..FANTASTIC figure.

I dont give a shit about this size class arguement for the studio series. YES some are sized weird...but i dont give a shit...if i want the figure I'll buy it no matter what size box it's in.

Another thing...its been mentioned..but the amount of molded detail on this figure is amazing. Alot of parts are molded on both sides. Bitch about the price? I'm sure that took alot of time. 20190313_212741.jpg 20190313_212753.jpg 20190313_212854.jpg 20190313_212932.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. LZSchneider

Ebay:
    What is fake forming?

8. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    logic dictates they are referring to fake kibble

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Does anyone know of a good guide for doing stuff to the cape? I'd like to do some weathering and bending if possible.

10. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I saw someone post something with lighter burns in and on it. Looked cool.

I wonder if simply wetting it down while it's on would do anything. I do that to a lot of the custom capes and robes I get for my 6inch Star Wars figures.

11. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I believe that's a design thing. This Megs (as well as the other Studio Series) is meant to stand with deep chicken legs. Those thighs rarely get put into a straight position because of this.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Those are good tips. I’m also wondering if strategically placed krazy glue would work to make it less flat in certain areas?

13. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

Got this guy as a gift, and initially I was super excited to get a Mad Max Hobotron. But it was a QC disaster. :(  A peg was outright snapped off of his black backpack before we even took him out of the box, tons of excess plastic on tabs, (not just flashing; it’s so bad it looks like mushroom caps), stress marks before we even moved anything on him, joints that were either too loose or too tight, and his shoulder pieces look like they weren’t fully injected or something because they have concave areas. Just awful. The worst defects on a toy I’ve gotten since the Titanium Megatron from that line’s first wave.

Pretty sure it’s an extreme outlier and not indicative of the toy’s general run, judging by a lack of similar comments to mine. Still disappointing. He’s going back for a refund and I feel bad about it.

14. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man I need this in my life...but jetfire came first because of budget. I hope I don't miss out like I did ironhide

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He looks pretty amazing in person.

Didnt know he had an abcrunch until disconnecting that bar piece inside his waist.
    Those big feet support his big lurkyness so they make sense.

His chains look better with some silver acrylic paint. (Enamels will be sticky)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What I thought about doing was diluting some future in water, tossing the Cape in it..."wring" it out, place it on him...

Then I started doing something different..if your looking at him straight on, the bottom right ( his left chest) the Cape has a hole, I pass the chain thru that, and then thru another hole on the other side and it draws it tight to where I'm pretty happy with it, and it's not a permanent mod

• Like Like x 1
  17. megatronix1002

megatronix1002 All Hail Megatron!

News Credits:
    20190327_190937.jpg So... Apparently one of those tabs in the truck cab has stress marks on it and may snap at some point. Any fix to this?

EDIT: this tab im talking about.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  18. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

I used a butane torch lighter. then I lightly tapped it to a few random areas throughout the cloak and it will melt it just enough briefly to give it a wind blown look

• Like Like x 1
  19. LZSchneider

Ebay:
    That piece snapped off day one on my copy. I'd try using a good model glue to sort of toughen up the crease there.

20. megatronix1002

megatronix1002 All Hail Megatron!

News Credits:
    I will try to find one. This bit is on the verge of snapping off clean and it bothers me that the front of the truck wheels are not touching the ground.

Otherwise tho, I like this Megatron toy. Very nice figure.