Studio Series 32 - Voyager 2007 Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Aigis, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Weird, I have no idea why yours is not tabbing. Mine tabs in easily.

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    That's really weird, because mine clips together solidly. Maybe something else is misaligned and pushing the pieces apart?

3. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    do you have the fists rotated the wrong way?

4. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    That's what it is. If the fits are rotated the wrong way, they keep the grill from staying tabbed together. I just replicated it with mine.

5. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Can you tell me what the right way is, please?

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    When you bring the forearms together to form the nose of the truck, make sure the fists are oriented with the fingers facing out away from each other.

7. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

That's how I've been doing it.

I guess this is just how it's going to be. Well, it's good to know. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  8. axl6533

axl6533 metal forever

News Credits:
    When will online retailers get new stock of prime and jetfire I really want these two badly

9. Intrepidation

Intrepidation Active Member

Got lucky and saw him at the Target near my work. I really liked the first one, but this version is, for the most part, even better.

He's got all of the great articulation of the original, plus more range of movement for his head. I like his brighter colors more, and the upper body is more movie accurate. I also appreciate that the wheels are painted this time around. Transformation's a little trickier than before. You have to get the arms in the right position before putting them together or teh should pads will have a hard time clearing the lower torso. First time was a bit of a challenge (I just winged it in the car), but once you do it in the right sequence, it's pretty easy.

I do have a few nitpicks. Truck mode's front end is taller rand chunkier than the original, and the robot bits along the bottom of the sides aren't as well hidden. Not a big deal though, since he'll spend most of his time in robot mode. Regarding the wheels. They're more movie accurate in their placement than before, but they tend to get in the way more than the original figure did. Again, not a huge deal since y ou can move them out of the way. Last nitpick is his neck. It's basically just a square stepped pyramid to his head without much in the way of detail, which is a shame. It's too bad the wheel well can't fold down like the original, but I'm guessing that's due to the Jetfire combining ability. Finally, I wish he would have come with swords or the hooks or something besides his kinda small gun. That being said, I like having the gun and I have the first Prime so I can just borrow his swords as needed.

Overall, I like him a lot. Robot mode looks great, I like the changes. Backpack is actually a bit bigger than before, but looks better. Chest area is way better. Colors are better. Glad I found him, now I just need to keep an eye out for Bumblebee Prime!

Here's a few photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My favorite shot, showing some paint apps I added. Megatron's display works really nice for Prime.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  10. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Mine has the same issue. One of the grill halves is pinned in at the wrong angle. Maybe that’s whats wrong with yours?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

I'm not certain, but my grill halves look like they're pinned in properly to me.

IMG_0703.jpg

Oddly, I can lock individual halves of the cab nose in place easily when the other half is out of the way. It's when they're pressed together that something gets pushed out of place. That's why I thought I must be misaligning things at the start.

It doesn't really matter. I was just hoping there was a quick fix, but it's still a good toy even with a split nose.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Olivus Prime

Olivus Prime Space Ranger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was the review I needed to make my mind up. The robot mode is definitely an improvement over the fiddly Battle Blades figure, but not a great enough one to counter the major downgrade in vehicle mode, dire paintjob and small size for me. I'll stick with the older figure.

13. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Argh.... finally got my hands on this one and anxiously waiting for Studio Jetfire to arrive today also but alas, mine has a bad QC issue. On mine his right blue shoulder flap was sticking up in the box and now laying down flat against his bicep and when I tried to push it down it would just pop back up again. Upon closer inspection the front and back halves of the shoulder (the red pieces) were misaligned and one was actually bending outward so you could see the red post that the blue shoulder pad rotated on. I took the screw out of the shoulder hoping I could just line the parts back up correctly and re-screw it but it turns out that the whole that the blue shoulder pad rotates on is terrible off center so it doesn't rotate correctly at all on its axis the way it needs to and that then forces all the other parts to not fit together right. I may try to re-drill the hole, not sure if I can since it's so small a part.

Doesn't look like anyone else is reporting this particular issue, at least not in this thread, but never the less if you see this guy in stores and he has a shoulder pad sticking up, be wary.

14. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    20190222_125024.jpg
    20190222_130825.jpg
    20190222_125158.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  15. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Hard to believe this is a smaller size voyager figure.

[​IMG]

Not sure if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but there’s plenty of loose room inside the back of the cap to store the gun in truck mode, it just loosely sits in there.

9FE4A646-12A8-4D55-9416-315E99738C54.jpeg 8E82F523-63CB-498D-9867-0E4C7C94FC72.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  17. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    He may be taller than Ironhide but damn his head is so small compared to Ironhides and that is my pet peeve!

• Like Like x 1
  18. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Quick question, does anyone know what the tabs on each side of his truck nose are for? Originally I assumed they were for jetprime, but nothing tabs into them, besides jetfires landing gear gun. But is that it?

19. MadMaximus

MadMaximus Well-Known Member

Yeah that's it you can tab his guns and Jetfire is landing gear gun to it in combine mode

• Like Like x 2
  20. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4