Studio Series 26- WW2 Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by 1BLD, Jan 9, 2019.

1. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    It's kind of sad that this is the best Bee from Studio series and it's not all that great.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Camaro and Beetle Bees are far better than this. Extremely vulnerable to QC fumbles, though.

3. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Disagree when it comes to Camaro. I forgot about Beetle, though. Yea, okay, that one is better than this one.

4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Can't see how this shellformer is better than Camaro Bee at anything, save for maybe accessories. Even the fairly unique alt mode is made ugly by this painfully obvious robot chest plate underneath.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the hammer's only supposed to fold one way.

6. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I think it is a better display piece and has a much stronger transformation than the camaro.

7. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I always appreciate movie toy bots that manage to get vehicle mode wheels in the middle of their feet and other limbs. 5/5 will buy

• Like Like x 3
  8. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

A much stronger transformation by just wearing the alt mode on its back and a much better display piece by having a huge backpack in the bot mode and an obviously visible bot mode chest in the alt mode? Camaro's fiddly as hell and terribly prone to any QC fumbles with its panelwork, but at least it has a proper transformation scheme.

AOE Galvatron is a shellformer too, but it at least manages the shell much better. This one... It's kinda level on level with TLK Voy Optimus... Also an underwhelming figure.

Now, I'll probably get this BB once it inevitably ends on sales. I think that the usual asking price for a Studio Series Deluxes is simply too much for a figure like this.

9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Camaro bee might be the best one if it didn't fall apart completely. Also I hate the arm swap gimmick so much.

Beetle bee is a solid figure but is inaccurate and many people have trouble keeping him tabbed in in alt mode.

WWII Bee is a lot of fun and has amazing detail and comes with great weapons but dat backpack doe.

They're all good in ways and all bad in ways. Just get whichever you like most, or get all of them!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    WWII Bee is a surprisingly good figure. I was going to pass on him (due to the backpack and high panel usage) but I'm glad that I didn't. He's not a 10 out of 10 by any means, but he's a solid, fun toy. The detail on the mold is great and I love the melee weapon. My only complaints are the backpack, lack of paint apps in alt mode, and the leg joints being loose (which can easily be fixed).

Oh, and make sure you do this:

• Like Like x 3
  11. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Picked this one up the other day and sadly have to take it back to the store. The hip joints on mine are crazy loose. The joints don't seem to be getting any purchase at all on the ball joints. He can't stand at all and the legs flop when picking him up. Between that and the kibble, I decided to forgo trying to future polish the joints and return him instead.

12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm gonna have to do an ink wash on the alt mode. Bot mode looks pretty great as is but alt is definitely bland. Glad you're enjoying the figure!
    That sucks! Are you going to try again if you see him again? Mine has nice tight joints.

• Like Like x 2
  13. FOUREVER

FOUREVER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    He is a underrated figure of this wave. CYMERA_20190208_100416.jpg CYMERA_20190208_122435.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FOUREVER

FOUREVER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    CYMERA_20190208_101108-01_1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  16. iacon45

News Credits:
    I really don't know. I wasn't too thrilled with the back kibble but it was really hard to make a fair judgment on the figure because I just could not get past the loose hips. A friend of mine made a comment how he could be repurposed as IDW Centurion so it really kind of makes me want to get him again but it would just depend on my money situation and what else is on the shelves next time I see him. If I can find him at one of the discount chains later on like TJ Maxx/Ross for $10 or so, then I will definitely consider getting him again.

17. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Mine was like that as well. A little clear nail polish, and he's now his joints are tight.

Do people not do the clear nail polish trick anymore?

18. iacon45

News Credits:
    I do have some clear nail polish and I use it for limbs that are slightly loose but on this BB, it didn't feel like the hips were making any friction contact with the ball at all. So instead of trying to coat it, I just decided to return it.

19. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    Anybody know how to fix loose ball joints on the legs?

20. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got WWII Bee in today from Amazon. Not bad, pretty shellformery but I like the older altmode type. The pegs and slots are all a bit weak so I may put some clear nail polish on those as well as the wobbly hip joints.

It was mentioned earlier that the arms clip onto the legs for transformation, that's good advice since it's not clear in the instructions. There is a deep open sided slot on each arm and a tab on each leg so they don't quite look like they should connect. They slide sideways so that the open side slides onto the tab. That solidifies the alt mode well.

I had a haed time getting the hammer to fit well in the alt mode even with instructions, but I found that the hammer head turns and bends to fit - it feels like it should bend only one way, but you can carefully bend it the other way, the way that is more squared-off. It doesn't stress or affect the hammer. Once you bend it that way, the hammer fits in much better, and the handle/barrel sticks out straight.

Definitely needs some paint and a wash. Toyhax should do military style stickers too, it could use something.

Tim
    'Toy Geek'

• Like Like x 1