Studio Series 1986 Scourge Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Seth Sunthay, Sep 20, 2020.

1. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    That looks good, really good. Definitely channeling some floro dery. Really wish cyclonus looked this sinister.

I can’t imagine that I won’t end up with at least a handful of these. I’m gonna need a full crew of sweeps

• Like Like x 1
  2. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah man, I’m with you. It’s been a really difficult couple of months. However, it’s buying season now. And we all know that lasts until January ends at least. *Cocks Ion Blaster*Happy Hunting everyone! And remember to use booby traps

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

How?

4. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hear ya, with a small group of Sweeps. Dunno if I’ll do it, could use the past few scourge toys for generic sweeps.

Also with the new Cyclonus coming out I might used the Classics, Henkei, and Anime color versions of that mold for Cyclonus’ ‘Armada’

• Like Like x 2
  5. hotwhilz

hotwhilz Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn. I want 3 of these easily. Have 5 of the Generations and 5 of the TR, this guys kicks those out of the water. I was happy with the TR but the headmaster gimmick really puts me off. This SS 86 Series is beginning to let me think twice of collecting Masterpiece Line. Not only that they more affortable but I am really digging the new scaling, even though their so called \"leader class\" are just voyagers with extra accessories. I just hope that they are easily attainable thru retail. 

6. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

I've never been so happy about a bar of soap before but by golly, that's one of the bestest most beautiful bars of soap I've ever seen!

Prepare to have all your worries of screen accuracy and fears of Hasbro dropping the ball washed away by this scrappy scroungey speedboat!

I'm heading over to Amazon right now to prepare my home for his arrival and buy him his very own shiny new soap dish on which he will proudly stand and survey his bathroom domain!
    :D 

• Like Like x 3
  7. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    for sure, using the old figures is probably the money smart thing to do. I have a handful of the titans return one, the Japanese version, and the alternate titan master face they released. Also have the first generations scourge somewhere, which is an excellent figure.
    I really don’t need to buy more than one of this one, but damn does it look good

Also, I hate to be this way but man the new cyclonus doesn’t match this scourge imo. The level of sculpted detail is completely different, scourge has all these extra lines while cyclonus is smooth. Its kinda odd. I hope galvatron is closer to scourge in design, than to cyclonus.

8. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Overall I’d say I prefer Cyclonus. Part of that is because I prefer his alt mode. I accept Scourge’s alt mode is faithful to his original G1 80s film and series appearance, however, so it is successful. This is purely my taste concerning the vehicle designs.

Cyclonus’s robot mode is also cleaner than Scourge’s, however with much less on his back.

That being said, this version of Scourge is a very nice figure, particularly in robot mode. I’ll happily add him to my collection. (Already have Cyclonus on preorder.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

Hmm. He's as shellformery as any shellformer who ever shellformed. Well, except maybe for BW Neo figs.

But, on the other tentacle, both modes are pretty ridiculously faithful to the film animation, excepting some of the limitations in the shape of the backpack/wings.

I'm going to be honest, I'm torn here. He looks great. Amazing, visually. But the only part of him that actually transforms are the armatures that moves his head and shoulders.

I'm not saying it wasn't probably inevitable. And it makes a fairly clever attempt to shape his wings like the animation model, given what they're working with. But part of me is going to always grapple with the fact that he's a Big Convoy-Class shellformer.

Still, the robot mode is amazing. And I can't have Galvatron and Cyclonus and not have Scourge. But I'm definitely using my older Scourge figures as his Sweeps, and limiting myself to just the one copy of this mold.

Unless Hasbro actually makes the Alpha Trion that was digi'd upthread. I'd buy that in a heartbeat too, because I'm weak.

10. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    I can't wait for SS Jazz.

• Like Like x 2
  11. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would agree with that if Cyclonus looks like from 86 movie.

This situation remind me seekers issue with Universe, Classic and Generations lines.

12. ZeroBG82

ZeroBG82 Well-Known Member

He... does? I mean, he practically walked off the screen.

• Like Like x 4
  13. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    third party competitors has made takara/hasbro step up. looks great!

• Like Like x 3
  14. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    That is the nicest looking Space-Soap I have ever seen.

Seriously, well done Hasbro - I was happy with both previous versions of Scourge, but it looks like I'll be doing a third round of him...

15. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They've done a cracking job here, as others have already said. I was perfectly happy with my Takara Headmaster Scourge, now I think I want this even though I've never cared for the character. He actually looks, to me at least, a lot better than Kingdom's Cyclonus, and that's a character I do like. Feels weird to want Scourge over his partner for the first time ever.

16. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    character model wise but the colors aren’t accurate to the movie but who cares. There’s so many different color pallets with cyclonus and to me they’re all pretty good except the CW one. Kind of a harsh purple. And I’m not tagging on kingdom at all cyclonus is in my top 5 favorite characters and the only one I preordered from kingdom.

17. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Gotta love the hypocrisy here. Scourge gets a called a space boat, a bar of soap, yada yada...

200px-GhostintheMachine-Scourgealt.jpg

But yall love the Star Destroyer...

What-Is-the-Price-Of-A-Imperial-Star-Destroyer-1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    no ones brought up Star Destoyers or Star Wars at all so youre just trying to say everyone are Star Wars fans to make a point that no one else is talking about.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  19. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, quick solution. Keep headmaster Scourge as Scourge and get three of these to represent the Sweeps!

Man I'm glad I'm not collecting these or the Seige line. I would be broke with absolutely no shelving space! I can only think of a few figs I wouldn't get if I were doing these.

This new classic direction is phenomenal; an excellent option for G1 fans to collect all characters in one scale and not have to wait for years for MP to be released (like myself).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I am less impressed with Scourge than with other figures recently revealed. The bottom of his "hovercraft" mode is just too gappy. It's a tough figure to do well though as he's just a legacy shellformer. Still the best they've done so far.