Studio Oz - Hot Steel Planet Sculpture

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bot Sculptor, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Bot Sculptor

Bot Sculptor Sculptor of all things Transformers

Yes. It's just a simple wall hook with a hole for the wiring.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. zin

zin Well-Known Member

That would look awesome. And you know my opinion on using a star field from the animation. :)  Haven't pulled the trigger on this but that might do it!

3. Banatine

Banatine Well-Known Member

I would very much like to see someone With Studio-01 Cell do the movie shot Of Unicron about to bring his hand down on Cybertron using this thing...

• Like Like x 1
  4. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...well my cybertron was delivered today, and even though i don't have studio-1 cell in-hand, based on its photos i'm comfortable saying that without extensive custom paintwork it'll look like a cheap toy by comparison...

5. Banatine

Banatine Well-Known Member

So, just like all old animation where the still objects looked much better than the moving ones? XD

• Like Like x 2
  6. kidlat2000

kidlat2000 Well-Known Member

@Bot Sculptor: I received mine ages ago and did not provide any feedback as I have not opened the box until today. All I can say is that I am blown away with you work. This is second item I got from you and I am really a happy customer.

I will post picts later as I want to post proper picture. Normal picts by my crappy phone cant do proper justice on this awesome product of your creativity.

Hope to get soon the two space ships that you are offering as well.

Those who are on the fence, I can truly say this is an amazing piece and I recommend this. Get this if you have funds. @Bot Sculptor offers a way to pay in installments so it can ease your wallets :) 

• Like Like x 3
  7. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

Well this was an emotional roller-coaster. This is the first I'm seeing this thread, and for a minute there I got very excited seeing the IndieGoGo price -- this has long been something I occasionally look longingly at on Etsy. Then I saw that the crowdfunding had failed long ago and became sad. Are you still planning to try to do a manufacturing run @Bot Sculptor ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bot Sculptor

Unfortunately the factory lied about what they could do and we won't be seeing a factory run of Cybertron anytime soon.

I sent them detailed pics of the individual parts and they told me they could do them no problem. But when I sent the the actual parts, they freaked out at the complexity and said there was no way. So the only way to do it via factory would be to break it down into hundreds of smaller pieces, which would make it cost on par with Haslab Unicron.

• Like Like x 3
  9. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Robot Enjoyer

Sad times. I shall have to continue looking on longingly I suppose! Really is a stunning-looking piece.

10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I guess that makes sense. You're using silicone molds, right? While they'd be using metal? All those ridges and tiny details on the buildings would mean that each building would need a two part mold, so they'd end up on a sprue tree and have to be individually assembled. I suppose it should've been apparent that it was too good to be true but I was pretty excited for a while there.

11. Bot Sculptor

The original numbers they quoted me for the fundraising campaign were actually for urethane resin casts using silicone molds, exactly like I'm doing it now. But apparently I'm a far better mold maker than them, cause they wouldn't even try it.

Our only other option now would be to use steel molds like you said, but that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars for that many molds.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? Silicone molds in a factory? Don't those wear out pretty quickly? Do they just keep making new molds from the masters every couple dozen casts?

13. Bot Sculptor

• Like Like x 1
  14. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting. I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the replies - I love hearing about how this stuff is done and I'm planning on getting into casting sometime next year (I've been 3d printing and I wanna try my hand at a limited production run of a figure I've designed) so I love seeing and reading about your projects. Can't wait to see the finished Nemesis and I'll definitely be putting in an order for the metallic version to go with my Ark.