Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Datsun87, Jul 9, 2014.
Based on their fights against Optimus, who do you think is the strongest movie antagonist?
I want to say Sentinel. Lockdown was good, no doubt about it, but he was really only able to get his good hits in while Optimus was distracted.
Fucking humans have to intervene in every single fight. Like at the end of TF4 That barbie doll and her prince have to come and save the day. Lock down obviously would have won.
I'm the only one so far who thinks Galvatron.
- Original Megatron was incredibly tough but was beaten by a plot device and humans. He beat Optimus to the point where Optimus considered Cubeicide.
- Sentinel Prime, uses speed and agility in a majority of his fights. Though he does have the habbit of leaving Optimus alive, which makes him second best.
- ROTF Megatron only had one good scene and that was stabbing Optimus from behind.
- Lockdown never attacked foes directly. He shoots Optimus in the back, he shoots Ratchet from afar, he blows up Cade's farm from afar. He's a coward - only in it for the bounty and he's a terrible fighter.
- Galvatron hasn't done anything yet, other than be pathetic. He complains in all his fight scenes and has no main fight of his own. His only fight with Optimus was interrupted by Lockdown - who proved himself more capable than Galvatron by easily flooring Optimus with a shot.
Lockdown Lockdown Lockdown Lockdown
Did you watch him and Optimus exchange blows in the final fight scene?? Lockdown bested him straight up, hand-to-hand combat, which allowed him to eventually pin optimus to the wall with his own sword. I won't disagree about him taking advantage of Optimus being distracted on the highway scene, but he proved himself a worthy adversary in the final fight. Ironically enough, speaking of being a coward how did Optimus win the fight? His job was to catch his targets, as a bounty hunter. Of course he is going to take advantage of them with a tactical approach from the shadows..
Well 2007 Megatron was very powerful he kicked Optimus ass until Sam ruined it, Sentinel Prime was very strong he was a higher warrior than Optimus, and Lockdown was very strong as well he almost killed Prime and kicked Bee's ass.
Yet it was the plot that made Optimus lose that fight, since pretty much every other time he fights Megatron he kicks his ass.
easily Sentinel Prime..he tossed around movie-prime like a ragdoll for a majority of 3 & took on Sideswipe, Bee, Ratchet, & a human barrage at once.
again, he bitchslapped the mega-badass movie prime not once but twice.
o ya and killed a pushover in ironhide..granted it was a scum move but just the balls to try it, come on.
1. Lockdown- He managed to match Prime blow for blow in their battle. He also gets major points for the fact that he wasn't trying to kill Prime but simply immobilize him which he did with relative ease.
2. Sentinel Prime- Managed to best Optimus but also take on Bumblebee, Ratchet, Sideswipe and the NEST soldiers and would've killed Prime had it not been for Megatron. The only thing he gets points off for was that he did call for the Drone ships to fire on Optimus but Sentinel was still super skilled.
3. Megatron- Megatron in 2007 was almost on the same level as Sentinel for me. Optimus only really got one good shot at Megs and that was with his gun. Megatron was super strong, and agile but not as skilled as Lockdown and Sentinel were.
4. Galvatron- Let me say first that the Optimus vs Galvatron fight wasn't very well shot or satisfying. The fight was about 30 seconds and you never got a good shot of it besides the you have no soul exchange. But from what you could see, it seemed that Galvatron gave Optimus a decent fight.
5. The Fallen- I'm curious how regular Optimus would've fought The Fallen but from the fight we did see, The Fallen's fighting style was terrible.
Lockdown is good at ambushes and sneak attacks, that's a legit strategy but in a straight up fight he has no chance against Sentinel Prime.
Mano-a-mano, I gotta go with Sentinel.
Lockdown was arguably more dangerous simply because of HOW he fought (hunting rather than a straight up brawl) but judging on actual combat, Sentinel had no equal.
It's close though. Lockdown legitimately beat Optimus twice in AoE and only lost due to interference....exact same situation with Sentinel.
Throw in the fact that Lockdown was NOT trying to kill Optimus, even in the last fight (he pinned him with the sword but was still intent on returning him to the creators relatively intact), and it gets even closer.
But I still have to go with Sentinel. He straight up OWNED Optimus at the end of DotM.
Great responses so far, figured Lockdown would have an edge thanks to AoE but surprisingly that didn't seem to boost Galvatron any. Wonder what the results would be when polled after hype dies down.
Personally I side with the Sentinel camp since he took the full force of the Chicago resistance during his fight with Prime and still clearly won. I doubt Lockdown could shrug off Nests, Spec Ops, and almost a dozen Autobots worth of interference while dueling Optimus when Bumblebee and Cade Yeager alone gave him trouble.
Lockdown did beat Optimus in a one on one duel like Sentinel did so there is no questioning his skill however Sentinel is in a league of his own.
Sentinel fought humans with artillery, 3-4 Autobots, Optimus Prime AND won.
Lockdown fought 3 humans, one with a dinky sword and the other two in a truck, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime, and even got in a cheap shot, and lost. Lockdown not being able to beat a human in a sword fight is embarrassing.
That's why they refer to the Megatron in the 2007 movie, not Megatron of RotF. There are various theories as to why Megatron (RoTF) is weak, sluggish with the lacking of ferocity in his skills, but considering the lack of Lore development I won't bother.
Lockdown. He felt like a bigger threat than all of them.
Sentinel. The only reason he got taken down at all was because Megatron intervened when he wasn't looking.
Separate names with a comma.