Street Fighter V Announced. PS4 and PC exclusive

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Servers must be getting hammered, cant log in

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    How about now?
    I imagine it will be rough when I get off work.

3. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

I finally managed to log in, played a bit of the arcade mode

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm not having a hard time mastering Alex's second V-trigger so much as I'm having a hard time not using his first one.
    Having that parry\sledgehammer made him a different character.

The DDT and choke hold are just more moves.

5. Born Toulouse

Born Toulouse Paranoid Security Chief

News Credits:
    Just bought it yesterday. Man, it's been some time and my skills sure are rusty. If anyone wants to play some rounds, hit me up . :) 

6. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm slowly trying to build up a modern PC that can run this and a few other games as well as for art and animation creation. Just need to get through this upcoming slow month, spend what I need to on doing my own tune-up, and see how my taxes go this year as (hopefully) my main roadblocks. I'm mainly a grappler player, so I'll be maining Zangief and Rainbow Mika like the old days (though I wish Mika stayed a 360-motion character, found it tough to get used to her as a 180 when I tried out V a few times). Can't wait to bust out my old X-Box 360 joystick again.

7. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

If you're gonna main Gief in this game good luck. "Struggle" would be an understatement and please don't play in a room with windows cause you'll wanna jump out of one after a few games.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Have you guys heard the "announcer" that comes on when Zangief activates his second V-Trigger?
    Who thought it would be a good idea to have some annoying voice come out of nowhere and start saying nonsense when the trigger is active?
    It's totally out of place and needs to go.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I downloaded AE to do the trials and when I got to Gief he actually felt slower wtf. Did they actually nerf his walking speed too lmao. I don't know wtf is up with this game.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    He doesn't feel slower to me, but I've only played him casually.

11. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because I haven't played this game in forever or me playing ST lately where everything is so fast but he felt like molasses for some reason lol.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Played a Gief last night who killed me.
    Totally outplayed me, had an answer to everything I did.

It's weird how losing can sometime be satisfying. LoL!

• Like Like x 2
  13. gregles

gregles quintesson

The way in which you lose can be really important.

I remember having to fight the urge to go onto a frustration driven transformation into the Joker every time I lost to a Blanka or that annoying Mexican wrestler whose name escapes me in IV. Season 1 Mika was also pretty annoying but thankfully she seems to be calmed down or at least we all know how to deal with her.

I think wins and loses in general feel more satisfying and less cheap as there seems to be less thievery (accept for Abigail of course) and greater emphasis on the basic fundamentals. All round good balancing in my opinion

I also think second V triggers added way more to the gameplay than I anticipated so this game is in a good position

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

I'm not a Blanka fan, but the character model and animation look fantastic.
    Well done, Capcom.

• Like Like x 2
  15. gregles

gregles quintesson

Blanka looks like his usual green skinned Troll (the toy doll) self and he seems to play the same so he certainly looks like he will please his fans. Some of the non-nostalgia costumes look insane in a good way.

In the past I have moaned endlessly about how irritating I found Blanka to fight against in IV and I hope they have addressed some of my problems with him. I know he is supposed to be a casual friendly character but in IV it felt like some of the none-sf2 cast had no way of consistently punishing his moves. The Blanka player could safely bounce around the screen forcing their opponent to make annoying which direction to block guessing games without fear of being punished themselves for making mistakes in certain matchups. As long as they make some of his moves blatantly unsafe in which the whole cast can punish them his presence shouldn’t upset the games risk/reward balance too munch.

I have some faith in capcom’s ability to balance the game as they managed to make Mika less irritating to fight against after season one but then again Rashid is currently the bounce around the screen safe 90% of the time character so they could repeat the usual mistakes with Blanka. Let’s do the maths Blanka + WiFi = abomination

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    As much as I am impressed by the character animation I'm also worried about the cheapness of the character.
    I hated Blanka in IV for just the reasons you list.
    I've slowly come around to the play style of V, but there are so many moves that are safe on block in this game I imagine Blanka is going to have an arsenal of low risk, high reward moves.

17. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

I don't play this game but I predict the Blanka hate will be toned down big time in this game. In 4 characters like Blanka, Fuerte, Seth, etc were hated because they could just go random/dumb and make you guess over and over but in this game making you guess IS the essential core of the gameplay and every character is the same in that regard so he'll fit right in. Every situation is a 50/50 and this game is 90% guessing so the character doesn't really matter since the gameplay is so dumbed down and the strategy is the same for everyone.

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think you're right.
    There's just a different atmosphere with this game and I think Blanka will be less offensive.

I certainly can't imagine he'll be harder to fight against than, say, Abigail.
    Blanka might keep you guessing, but you just hit Abigail with your moves and he keeps coming anyway.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Man, I'm getting sick of Abigail.

I had three matches where I've lost to Abigail and he was at zero health for at least three to five hits but he was armored each time.
    I guess it doesn't help that I'm playing Alex and he has no multi hit moves that aren't of the EX variety.

20. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Happy 50th Birthday to Chun Li!
    FB_IMG_1519920719532.jpg

• Like Like x 1