Street Fighter V Announced. PS4 and PC exclusive

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This Evo is hype as shit. Arturo/momochi and Rog/Bonchan... maaaaan...

2. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

3. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I find it kinda...I dunno...odd, maybe disappointing, even concerning that it's Juri being released first. From what I've seen Urien looks much more complete than she is. Juri just looked like she still needed a lot of work.

Then again, there's no telling how old that build of her in story mode is. Could be from months ago.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Urien is broken and a half. His MFing standing roundhouse is more destructive than about anything any character has so far in the game. I think that his animations and moves look a lot better than Juri's, but I wouldn't be mad at this point if they didn't take another 2 months just to balance out Urien. He's that broken as is.

One thing I was surprised with in terms of Juri is that they kept those monochrome "effects" to her moves... I'd honestly figured those were just placeholder effects.

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Ah, didn't realize Urien's that broken. And yeah, totally agreed on the monochrome effects. That and all the stuff she's missing or that's been changed is apparently tied to their bullshit story excuse that somehow she lost her original FSE eye(to Bison supposedly) and replaced it with a less powerful prototype :rolleyes: 

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
  7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Been awhile since anyone has posted for SFV. Anyone here from the boards playing?

8. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Yeah this thread has been dead sadly. I quit a while ago, the game is just terrible imo and I've tried and tried to get into it but it's not happening. I never thought I'd quit playing SF in my life but this game made me do it and it hurts me to say that.

9. Menasor

Menasor Jibba Jabberin' Automod

I haven't played the game in months. I was waiting for the game to feel more complete before jumping back in but now I'm too busy with other games to bother. There are also more options for fighting games now especially with MvsC3 on PS4.

10. PaladinVance

PaladinVance Watch your step.

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm trying, kinda hoping maybe S2 will help things out. But I'll probably just stick to scrubbing it up in BB:CF, and wait for Tekken

11. gregles

gregles quintesson

I've not stopped playing and had a good time making a switch from Karin to Urien which was really difficult to start with as they play so differently and I've never really mained a charge character before but well worth it is I feel like I really grew as a more adaptable player now.

As well as Akuma and 5 other 'completely new' characters we are getting a complete game balance patch which I've heard Mika might be getting a nerf and characters like Bison and Urien getting buffs, as well as other changes like anti air jabs going, metre less dp's being less invincible and white health Regenerating and metre generating slower.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I quit playing. The game feels like a beta and a marketplace for DLC.
    The character models are all over the place. Some are great, like Juri, and then you have Ken "Banana head".

I also don't like having to memorize what I got in a season pass versus what I can buy with in game currency versus what I can only buy with additional real money.
    Too much nonsense -not enough value and fun.

• Like Like x 2
  13. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I hear ya. I'm not worried about all that. Just like playing the game. :thumb 

14. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Not gonna pay even a cent for a character download...

Even if Capcom makes it 6 characters.

15. seali_me

Funny how some of you find the game shit and now the US finally won something.

16. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it was weird seeing the US sweep it but then I remembered SFV had no arcade release.

• Like Like x 1
  17. seali_me

HA! Seriously! That explains it and will mess Jp mojo.

18. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

Ha yeah interesting point. What's that say about this game? That's all I'll say but most will know where I'm going with that. If I had to give a simple breakdown of SF5 I would just say that they took everything that makes SF great and fun and got rid of it in this game lol.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually lol'd pretty hard when I read an srk report that the inherit 8 frames of lag had been lowered to 6.5 with an update patch :lol 

Them devs hard at work.

That being said I actually liked SFV. If they had fixed the lag crap I would still play the game.

20. gregles

gregles quintesson

I thought I read somewhere on a site like eventhubs that the input lag had been lowered again since to a comparable level to Ultra IV but you might wanna have google search to verify that. 6.5 if that what it currently is at sounds bad but it's pretty close to the standard for a street fighter game which is around 5 frames of input lag.

Part of me thinks it could be partly placebo affect as when they did make improvements in this area no one seemed to notice for a while but there could be something in this as recently I was looking to retire my 360 live account by getting all the games I played elsewhere and got the ps4 version of ultra 4 on sale the first thing I noticed was that it played slightly differently feeling floaty and unresponsive and I've since found out the ps4 version does have this problem.

The important thing is V works fine now and is well worth revisiting. Even the netcode works fine provided your not trying to play the game on a wifi connection or you have a bad internet connection in general.