Heavy/Scratch: Stratocons, unite!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cyber-Kun, May 7, 2009.

1. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Stratocons, unite! WIP update 08/05/09

So, after seeing all kinds of combiners made here like Predaking, Devastator, Menasor and the like, I thought about making my own. Now, the only problem with that is, I hate extra parts, like the Unicron or Primus parts with the Pvitite formula (not to knock anyone who's done that style, in order to make a gestalt look like that, you're going to need extra parts).
    So, I starting fiddling with some figures, and thought I would make a Legends combiner, with some original characters and some obscure decepticons into the "Stratocons". Here's what I go so far:
    [​IMG]

This being my first custom, I've got work to do. My plan is to make balljoints that will fold away into various parts, such as a head joint that folds away for Alt mode, so on and so forth.Modify Thrust's feet so they can fold away completely into the leg, add Magnets in ramjet's legs to stay together, and mod the combined head so it looks more then a gundam head. so for arms, I've run out of Legends figures, but really, really, really need a legends Cyb. Thundercracker (or any of the repaints) and Cyb. Legends vector prime (or any of the repaints), and can't seem to find them, and even so, I'm dead broke :p . also, need to create real anchor points for the torso (its all held with playdoh to see what it looks like)
    My ultimate goal is to make this gestalt have only hands and head as the extra parts.
    PS-- if anyone wants to donate the legends I need, I'll love you forever! :p 

UPDATE 08/05/09

so, started on some mods, first up is the Thrust mold, which is going to be the crotch area. I carved out some plastic so that the feet can fold up into the legs for the combined mode.
    Also a tab was added on the chest to click with the plug on the bottom of the nose on the jetfire mold (already there for robot mode), and added some larger thrusters, just to make it a little different to the other seeker mold I'm using for this combiner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

UPDATE 11/05/09

did some head swapping, to make the Thrust mold look more like Whisper, and less like a seeker.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, I carved out the thighs so they can move all the way up, and won't look like the combined mode's thighs, here's what he looks like in combined mode.
    [​IMG]
    Did some more head swapping and put Soundwave's head on Blade's body, making it look more like Spinister, who he's going to be.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's a digibash of what he'll look like painted
    [​IMG]
    Cut out a peice of Jetfire's back to insert a neck joint for combined mode's head. It's on a swivel, and can be pushed away for other modes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also put a plate to cover the robot mode head in alt mode and combined mode, can barely tell its there
    [​IMG]
    Here's what the upper torso will look like
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Awesome sauce

3. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

finally! glad someone made progress on this! :D 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you could simply use the hips of those leg bots for the knee joints, and then you wouldn't have such super-tiny thighs on this guy. Other than that, this looks good. Those Alternate-transformations for the legs work really well.

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Agree with Redline above... use the leg bots as the WHOLE leg if you can. The tiny thighs look awkward to me.

Cybertron Jetfire makes a great torso... makes me want to see this done on regular size figures, rather than Legends. :) 

zmog

6. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    It was something I was seriously considering, and still might do, but I've never done a custom before (especially a combiner), and I figured I'd start small and work with toys I already have.

7. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    update!

8. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Updates!!!

9. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Awesome.

Legends Combiners are sexy.

10. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

That is the coolest thing I've seen all week.

11. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Thank you!