Storm Collectibles Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GreenScream, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I only heard about Storm Collectibles myself recently when they first announced their Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat lines. Though looking some stuff up they've done some Staction type releases of Mike Tyson, Bruce Lee and Hulk Hogan. Personally I'm eagerly waiting for preorders to go up for the Shao Kahn and Goro Storm Collectibles showed off.

2. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I have scorpion on pre-order and have Sub-zero. I wish his blue was a little lighter, but otherwise enjoy him. Debating on reptile. Planning on having them fighting the SHF Ninja Turtles or Power Rangers in my display.

3. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

I unfortunately can't find any online stores that have the regular/undamaged versions of Scorpion and Sub-Zero- and I've searched everywhere i know- nothing. I'd definitely like to get my hands on both, or at least 1, of them right now.

But I will admit: They say they're 1:12 scale, but they're actually larger than that- and if you place them next to 6.5 inch Legacy Power Ranger figures (which i own all- red, blue, yellow, pink, black, green, and white)- they seem to be the only figures that look decent scale-wise with them- plus, the MK ninjas VS the Power Rangers: That'd be pretty interesting. Even with the Megazord, I could still see the MK ninjas giving them problems.

Reptile, I think, looks the weirdest out of them all- because at least Scorpion has a human Skull for his swappable head, so it looks sensible- but a reptilian head on a human body: That's just weird. Even that's always how he's been since the beginning, it still looks awkward and out of place- but I'm still going to pick him up- because I need somebody to fight my Legacy Green Ranger. lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Mortal Kombat Klassic Vs. Series 1/12 Scale Figure - Scorpion - Mortal Kombat Figures

Mortal Kombat Klassic Vs. Series 1/12 Scale Figure - Sub-Zero - Mortal Kombat Figures

I understand they are doing the first MK but I wish they had Reptile from a later instalment. He wasn't very cool if the first one.

Likewise for Raiden. I'd much prefer his MK 2 look, if they ever get around to him.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think they have rights to designs from the first two games at the very least. They're making Shao Kahn from the second game.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

Personally I hope they make Raiden- he's always been my all-time favorite MK character- but just ONCE...I'd like to see a super sweet figure of him with short hair and sleeveless uniform, his Annihilation design- because even though those movies are shit compared to what we have now, I actually liked his short haired new look, I thought it was badass- and it'd be great if we had a Storm Collectibles-level figure of it- but I highly doubt that'll ever happen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. icemocha75

icemocha75 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the U.S. stores situation, but from what I heard my local store (also the main distributor in my country) was sold out on their allocated quantity for preorders for both Ryu & Bison figures.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    These are actually showing up stateside at Toys R Us(initially I thought only online stores and comic shops would carry them) for $54.99. Saw Ryu today.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yes, he's available in US Toys R Us in store and online since they started carrying Bluefin distributed items. I asked a friend if they'd start getting the SC MK stuff too as that's also being brought to the US via Bluefin and she wasn't sure, but she's going to check the computer listings when she gets a chance.

• Like Like x 3
  10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh is it? I didn't expect Bison to sell so well!

11. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    On the box it's stated that Storm Collectibles worked with the SFV character designer when making this Ryu figure. I think that's pretty neat. Not sure if Bandai worked with him for their Figuarts Ryu but if they didn't, this would explain why both figures look substantially different from one another.

One big bonus point goes to SC for including a display stand though.

• Like Like x 1
  12. icemocha75

icemocha75 Well-Known Member

Yes, its good to know that Capcom art designer is involved in the project to show their support in the product.

Just recently, SC has a facebook post about Kiki and his thoughts on the SF line.
    Here was the post:
    Storm Collectibles

The introduction of the superintendent for the Storm Collectibles STREET FIGHTER V Action Figure series
    Kiki / currently working on concept design and art for Street Fighter V.
    Kiki is a veteran concept designer who has been working on numerous game titles. His unique art style was developed over the course of his sculpting study and not only he does his own art and design, he also does modeling supervision on collaboration work with other partner Companies.
    Kiki’s continues to expand his passion not only in games, but also in other field as well to explore new art style.

Regarding the circumstances of supervision and future developments,
    Collaboration with STORM COLLECTIBLES starts from 2016. Based on the concept of “living sculpture”, Kiki expressed his detail and quality in first model of “RYU” followed by “Bison” and planning to expand furthermore.
    In SDCC 2017, Kiki will be setting up a signing booth under support of STORM COLLECTIBLES as modeling supervisor.

Lastly, comment by Kiki
    With passion between myself and STORM COLLECTIBIES I am proud to say that quality surpassed my expectation. I hope you will have a moment to drop by STORM COLLECTIBLES booth in SDCC!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I hope SC makes Liu Kang and Kung Lao. At the very least, most of the characters from the 1st 2 games. MKIII was when I started to lose interest I got back onboard with the 128bit-next gen MK's. I hope SC is able to make a wide roster, they've done a great job with these figures so far.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Any word on if these will be showing up at TRU as well?

15. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Okay, just picked up Ryu from my local Toys R Us. He's been there for a couple of days, but I kept passing each time I stopped in because I just wasn't sure. Today there were only two left out of a case of six. Decided to pull the trigger and man I'm glad I did! He's freaking awesome! Everything about this figure just screams quality. Can't wait for Bison to start showing up in the US next month. The detail, the amount of extras and the HUGE Hadoken sold me on this line compared to the reviews I've seen of the two Figuarts release (Chun-Li looks nice, but Ryu looks to be a bummer from that line). Plus it'll be cool to have Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter figures in the same scale from the same company!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Yea once I saw it in person it did seem like a better value than the Figuarts one. The fact that it came with a stand and all that weathering really tempted me to buy it. I still might...maybe I'll get both for different reasons.

I would LOVE to see SC make 3rd Strike figures, I think their sculptors and painters would make a GREAT fit for the art style in 3rd Strike.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    So fucking good.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    No. He's not out in the states yet, but supposedly next month according to a friend who works there.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Which one do you like more Kuma?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Storm, easily. Figuarts is a great and functional figure but their liberties on the design are more suited for a more anime-esque sf like the alpha series where this IS SFV Ryu.

• Like Like x 3