Storing Spring Loaded TF Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gabumon, Jul 14, 2014.

1. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For storing my TFs, I usually put them all in their Alt Mode, because usually that mode is more sturdy... no limbs sprawling, etc.

But what about for figures that have spring loaded transformation gimmicks? G1s Twintwist, etc. and the newer "Activators" figures. Should I leave them with the spring mechanism relaxed? or no? Maybe not, but put a rubber band around them? to reduce the tension/pull while in storage?

Thanks a megaton!

2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I would suggest in the relaxed position otherwise it might greatly weaken the spring. That's the way the manufacturer packages them anyway. :) 

3. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

too bad relaxed state means leaving all the pop-out gimmicks deployed and thus exposing some fragile parts

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I store all my spring loaded toys relaxed. (Animated/ROTF Activators, Jumpstarters/Battlechargers, Duocons, MASK etc). Looking it up online I've found that storing toys like MASK's Thunderhawk with the doors down leads to floppy doors.

I stored my Starcom toys from childhood in their compressed state and years later when I went to sell them I found some of them couldn't open out again properly because the springs had gone.

I've also found that recent Hasbro springs appear to be worse quality than previous springs. My Evasion Optimus Prime's gun used to shoot it's missile quite a long way (I almost lost it the first time I shot it) but now after a few weeks of being compressed it shoots much less then I remember.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I was actually just thinking about this to myself recently while going through my Transformers. I decided to leave them in a relaxed-spring mode so that it won't wear out.

6. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for all the advice folks!

ya, this. ^

guess I'm in need of a whole bunch more bubble wrap. :/

unless anybot has suggestions for storing relaxed mode figures...