Storing figures in garage?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by DX7879, Jul 26, 2010.

1. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

I was just wondering if I should store my boxes of figures in the garage, or should I stay away from it? I do not have a heated garage, so not sure how well the things would take to the cold

2. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I would advise against it. Since you're in Illinois, your toys will freeze in the winter and get really hot in the summer. While it might not affect them right away, it will definitely age them faster than if they were in a controlled environment. Also if any of your toys have any metal in them (even pins and screws) storing them in an outdoors environment will make the metal more succeptable to condensation, which of course can lead to rust.

My "deep storage" is an attic. It's still not an ideal place since it gets cold in the winter and hot in the summer, but the temps don't range to the extremes like they would outside in a garage or shed.

If you're in a situation where you absolutely must store them in the garage, make sure you store them in sealed containers like Rubbermaid or something similar that can seal well. This will help keep out insects and any other critters that may want to make your toy boxes a home.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Not recommended.

4. DX7879

DX7879 Captain of Strawhats

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll just store the stuff I don't care about as much there that does not contain any metal

My basement is getting full of boxes, which is why I consider moving them

5. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there is not any climate control, stay away from it-if you care about any of the boxes. When I first started collecting, I stored my toys in a shed.......really....bad......move.