Stop Pretending Bayformers Optimus is a Good Character

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by agent j 15, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime *sigh* STILL waiting for MPM Ratchet

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Now thet you brought it up, I really don't see the point in an Optimus Prime movie when he's been portrayed multiple times as a bloodlusting, unstoppable autobot leader with no equals except Megatron (who was stupid enough to pull himself out of the Cybertron action).

This movie would have no antagonists because all the Travis cons either fears him or there are no other "Meg-leveled" villains in their rank that's able to step up to him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    042C833D-F7FD-47D8-BA86-467DC68D20AD.png

• Like Like x 3
  3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Such as? I've searched for similar threads and nothing came up.

4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Except you said there have been other threads created for this when there hasn't been. Why would term "murderprime" be inappropriate for this thread? This thread is to discuss about the downfalls of Prime's murderous intentions throughout the Bayverse and "murderprime" is a relevant noun to represent that behavior.

It's always hilarious when others fail to see the irony in their own statements.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because a topic is old doesn’t mean it’s irrelevant and should not be discussed. This area of the boards is legit called “Movie DISCUSSION.

6. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Retired edgelord

7. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  8. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nothing funny or redeeming about it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

The Insecticons are just hungry animals who serve the Decepticons when offered food; it's simple and it works. They're iconic for their designs, though.

Bayverse Optimus Prime has much more done to his character development, but it's done inconsistently and recklessly. Whereas the Insecticons make sense, Bayverse doesn't because it reaches too far trying to be complex.

Yes, people can like what they want, but objectively, you can't go wrong by being simple.

10. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

I did not say Wheelie humping Mikaela's leg was funny; I said, aside from that, Wheelie was actually pretty funny.

11. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    I have a deep affection for Murder Prime because what happens when Superman snaps just enough...juuuuuust enough

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original cartoon's major characters were also written horribly and inconsistently to the point where we had peace-keeping Autobots sometimes being fine with blowing up an entire planet without even a slightly heartfelt apology though. And once again you will have people hailing that stuff as high fiction and as iconic characters instead of "cartoons written by people that clearly hate they're working on cartoons".

Objectively you have to recognize nerds are not objective beings and you have to recognize that yelling FUCK YOU STOP LIKING THIS GUY is... well it's insane. It's just flat out insane.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Thundermania

Thundermania Decepticon Peacekeeper

YouTube:
    The way I see it, Movie Optimus is a lot like Marcus Fenix from Gears of War. Marcus like the other Gears uses extreme brutality against their enemies because they know that they are, outgunned, their enemies will do the same to them and simply put the Decepticons like the Locust are past redemption.

14. Artistodave

Artistodave Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    As a Latin American I really appreciate what OP's dub actor made for the character, mr. Blas García created certain persona for the character who is calmer and kinder, as well as just a little naive.
    On the english version of the TLK spot he treathens the instructor, whereas on the latin american version he mistakenly mixes words from a poem, making reference to a mexican dish instead of a bird, and once the instructor says is not the dish (when she says Death Befooooh dishonor) instead of threatening her he just replies by saying "But the dish is really tasty", and the lady just loses it by saying OP that she'll instruct bumblebee instead if he keeps it that way, to what Optimus replies he's. hungry now.
    Just by saying you this you can also hear it in the acting, maybe he went a little too naive, but its better than the overall mean tone of the original skit, it seems that Mr. García shares the passion Peter Cullen has for the character as well.
    "

• Like Like x 2
  15. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree how much a dub and therefore a different voice can do for a story. The entire context was changed into something genuinly humourous and Optimus sounded like someone who was following language classes and kinda struggling

• Like Like x 1
  16. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There can only be one.

But I have to say, relative to Bayverse, G1 Optimus is very consistent and someone people of all ages can always count on.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

"SoMETImeS ThE CaRTOoN hAD aN INConSIsteNT mORaL CeNTeR!" is the new "Batman killed this one guy in this '70s back issue I and eight other people know exist so the decades of stories where he specifically does not DON'T COUNT!"

If you read Silver Age Superman he's constantly brain washing people and doing shady things to prove weird moral points. But we don't go "SEE SUPERMAN'S JUST AN ASSHOLE!" because those stories were never meant to stand up to any sort of adult scrutiny.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

This guy gets it!

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes we do.

Superman is a Dick - Superdickery - Okay, Thanos Was Only Half Right.

Maybe not with complete seriousness as much as pointing out the absurdity of comics but still, analysis is analysis...

• Like Like x 1
  20. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    What rational human being looks to a cartoon character for moral leadership?

• Like Like x 1