Stonehenge is the reason for everything (RUMOR/POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lord Person, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Lord Person

Lord Person OH NO!

News Credits:
    TAKE AS MANY GRAINS OF SALT AS YOU NEED...

Instagram photo by Transformers Cars • Oct 2, 2016 at 6:51pm UTC
    Instagram photo by Transformers Cars • Oct 2, 2016 at 9:58pm UTC

• Like Like x 1
  2. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

Well Bay did say the writers did a good job of connecting the previous films, so this wouldn't be that surprising.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

So they literally stole the plot from the comics?

Because in the comics, before AoE's pointless dino laser show, the Sun Harvester was the first thing to be on Earth. The AllSpark was attracted to the harvester for some reason, so that's why it crashed to Earth (and Megatron with it). Likewise, same explanation as to why the Ark ended up around Earth except the Moon got in the way.

This does not even begin to explain how fucking stupid the Decepticons have been since at least the 1960s in failing to figure out their boss was in Hoover Dam, or a number of other blatant plot holes.

Also, TF Prime has made me hate the very concept of the Omega Lock because it is the 'fix everything' epitome of cheap, lazy writing. Cybertron was already destroyed back in DOTM - can we please get past it for once?!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

So does this mean that the flashback montage is pretty much confirmed if theses details are true because it does sound like that perhaps that the Autobots will find a member of this group that has protected the key for ages and that member reveals to them the history of the group. I wonder if that's the role that Anthony Hopkins will play, seems likely at this point.

5. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Survivor of the Grey Hands War of 2019

They try to tie the movies together, you complain. They don't connect the movies, you complain.

I'm really starting to think there's absolutely nothing the writers could have done short of a full reboot that would make you happy at all.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan The Sept of Kaon

News Credits:
    Personally, I'm glad they're making an effort. But will it be too little far too late for a lot of us? Probably.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    If this is true, then holy shit the writers did a great job connecting the seemingly contradicting plots of the previous four films. I really actually hope this is true. It wouldn't be too bad of a plot at all.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Galvatross

Galvatross Shrek = sOGREat! Veteran

Honestly, I'm far, far, far more curious to see a post DOTM/AOE universe than a new universe from scratch. The Knights, Prime's space quest, Creators, Pathetic Dirty Foursome, Dinobots, the survival of Megatron, Barricade and some other Deceptions, and the fallout or possible continuation of Cemetery Wind and KSI are far more interesting to me than a potential reboot with the same core Autobots and Decepticons that are used over and over again, and that doesn't even count new concepts and characters like Mini-Dinobots, Hot Rod, Merlin, and King Arthur.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DeletedUser_106023

DeletedUser_106023 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's go!!!!! Let's go!!!! That's what the fuck I'm talking about!!! Haters and trolls alike are gonna hate. They can suck it. This is gonna be the best Transformers movie! My hype went up 200%!!!! Lets go!!

10. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    This rumor sounds almost exactly what we've been speculating for months, lol. I'm so pumped!

You can click on a user's name, then select "Ignore". Problem solved! :D 

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That's AB in regards to the movies in a nutshell.

This is hardly the worst plot ever concieved, especially by the movies' standards. It's just more backtracking and "Earth and Cybertron share a past" stuff but at least it sounds like it's trying to make sense, or at least make something, of all the previous backtracks.

As much as the movies are a mess, I try and give them credit where credit's due. Even if it's just a "hey, you tried somewhat" sort of half-hearted thumbs up. Until anything, like, changes, there's no point in expecting something different now is there?

• Like Like x 2
  12. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

So if true, this uses elements from the 4 previous movies, the comics, G1 and TF Prime.
    I'm now half expecting Bee: To be shot in the spark while holding the sword key, falling into the Omega Lock, only to emerge with his voice finally fixed and sounding alot like Will Friedle. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  13. BumblebeeFan71

Or Chris Pratt as a bit of a joke since Will Friedle who voices Bumblebee also voices Starlord in the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon and since Chris Pratt played Starlord in the live-action movie, it would end up being a fun, little circle. Not something I want to actually see happen but it is still a fun thought.

• Like Like x 2
  14. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Well, at least its trying. I dont blame AB because i see where he's coming from..and yeah it might be just a bit convoluted to only now say its all because of earth possessing this cybertronian machine. I think TF prime worked a little better with this with having Unicron be Earth.

The more i think about it, the more it sort of makes sense with there being a creator on Earth and why our characters are inside a submarine in the ocean: the omega lock is under the ocean. My main problem is why the omega lock is on Earth instead of cybertron?

• Like Like x 1
  15. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Maybe, like Cybertron's Omega Lock, it was taken there.

16. BumblebeeFan71

Probably as a safety measure to insure that it wouldn't get destroyed along with Cybertron otherwise it would had made the item worthless. Can't use an artifact to restore a destroyed planet if said artifact was left on the planet and got destroyed along with it.

17. badbot98

badbot98 Antihero

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like where this is going if this rumor is true, even though i'm tired of the whole "earth and cybertron have a connected history" thing

• Like Like x 2
  18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I want a reboot, too. Just sayin'.

But, we ain't gettin' a reboot. We're getting more of the same.

I honestly wish now that each TF movie had been an anthology of different ideas and universes instead of one "continuity." But eh.

19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

I wish they would at least not try to make sequels by shoving bullshit in the past every time - seriously, something more recent like building a nuke and holding St. Petersburg hostage with it or something would be at least original compared to what we keep getting.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fallout

Fallout preach electric to a microphone stand

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    at this point all i want is a beast wars movie where primal scans a gorilla with flames.

• Like Like x 1