Stock photos of SS Scavenger and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blazemongr, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I knew you were going to point that out.
    ;) 

The older Scavenger was much nicer looking. Can't really deny that the paint on the new one is severely lacking.

2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah but everything else about it is better. Wheels aren't hollow floppy rubber? Check. Better and more accurate proportions throughout? Check. Actual articulation? Check. Better and more accurate headsculpt? Check. Proper size to actually look intimidating to something beyond legends figures? Check. Combines into Devastator? HUGE CHECK.

I'll take a better figure over better paint any day cause I can add paint myself if really needed (AND it's fun for me) but I can't magically change the proportions or sculpted details or make it combine. The original looks like a cyberverse figure compared to this one.

Anyway, if you're happier with your older figure then you have them so you're happy and that's good.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the main drawback for me with these new ones is that they combine. I am firmly rooted in the camp of movie Devastator being a Duocon, so seeing individual bots combine for Devastator doesn't sit well with me.
    Personal preference, really.

Still, I will agree that having this one being much larger and impressive is a definite plus. I'll just be curious to see how he scales with Optimus, as in the movie he was massive in comparison.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm warming up to this ridiculous alt mode... I might even transform this figure when I'll get it.

5. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

Personally I don’t care about Shockwave’s alt mode at all, since he never even transformed in the movie. So idk what all the uproar was about earlier; who actually was going to use that mode?

Regardless, the shade of purple is spot on and I’m super eager to get him. I hope his giant cannon arm doesn’t wear down the arm joints. This is one instance where a part being hollow might be beneficial

• Like Like x 1
  6. SuperRock7

SuperRock7 If It Can’t Transform, It’s Not a Transformer.

News Credits:
    I won’t get these two but damn! They look good. :eek: 

7. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

A Duocon? Never heard that before. In your mind, which two bots make up Devastator?

8. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

I don’t know about you but I don’t open my TF’s and just set them on my shelf. I transform them quite a bit, I think a lot of us do.

9. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I’m super excited to complete a movie Devastator.

10. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's possible it's a stand for robot mode and also a cover for the right arm socket for devastator

11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

So do I, but he didn’t transform so that aspect is far more irrelevant to me in this case.

They made alt mode sacrifices to make the robot mode more accurate, and that’s what I care about.

12. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Plz show us where the combiner ports on scavenger are

• Like Like x 1
  13. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually the transformation is different than the legends class one since the sides of the vehicle mode fold in half for robot mode and scavenger's torso is connected to each side I circled the connection points for the side panels in the image
    Legends scavenger has the hinges for the sides of the vehicle mode mounted at the front of the side panels
    The side panels on leader scavenger are attached to the torso at the back via the dark grey pieces

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    This Scavenger has really grown on me. Initially I didn't really care for him, but this is definitely a really cool-looking figure. Since I'm not buying all the Devastator components, I can't justify paying the Leader price, but it is an improvement over the original (and I say this as someone who really likes the original). Sadly I still can't get into Shockwave. Something about the proportions look really weird to me.

15. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just the angle of the photos and renders we've seen until now, but Shockwave's shoulders still seem a tad too small, although definitely far better than the original DOTM figure.

I have to nitpick when the rest of the figure is so damned amazing looking.

16. Fallout

Fallout call me alabama i'm a seminole prize

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    nah, just a retool.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

It's going in the collection either way. I'll just pretend the alt mode is how the humans recycled his corpse after the Chicago incident. :D 

...And then Bud Light made a limited run of cans made outta this trash heap....which made a cameo appearance in the next movie......

18. Jacewiththeface

Jacewiththeface Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I will when I get him and Mixmaster!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's certainly an interesting view... I'm a little confused as to why you're okay with people having differences of opinion over a person being a corporate mouthpiece, but you're not okay with people liking/disliking toys that come from those corporate mouthpieces. That said, this is all over some toys and you'd like to see humanity wiped out because of plastic playthings... That's incredibly extreme and even you know it.

Even I have more hope than that.

I almost agreed with you here, I will say parts of G1 are embarrassing, and his "joke" was going to lead to things like your post, here. I stopped after you took it into personal territory and went for the "mom's basement" thing, though. You could make an actual eloquent argument if you tried and you'd get your emotions in check, but you refuse to do so. Honestly, considering the frequency in which you do it, I can't help but wonder if it's actually on purpose and you enjoy it. You say pretty awful things to people ALL the time. I used to, it got me nowhere and made me take a look in the mirror and say "Okay, the problem IS you." and it was. That said, regardless of me being problematic, there's still change needed on the other end of things, too. That's you. That's me. That's everyone. Stop enjoying being awful to people, it won't lengthen your life, it won't fulfill you, it merely makes you a bully and shows that you're beat down upon offline and come here as a coping mechanism and feel a need to release ignorance and awful on people who can't reach you through the screen.

Just stop it.

He called a TOY garbage. He called a CHARACTER garbage. Not you, not me, nor anyone else that actually exists. He said nothing about, or to, the people. YOU did. YOU crossed the line, not him. It's not an attack to call a figure garbage, it's his personal opinion and he's allowed to voice it. He's been given the privilege to do so. You've also been given the privilege to voice your opinion. You know what you don't have the privilege to do? PERSONALLY ATTACK OTHERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE YOUR LITTLE TOY! It's in the friggin' rules. Get acquainted with them, quick. Save us a great deal of pain and misery so we don't have to see posts like these from you. And before you say "scroll on by or block me" NO. We don't have to do that because you don't have the right to attack anyone over a toy. Never, ever, not once. PERIOD. None of us do.

And no, he took a dump on a toy, not another person. You decided to treat another human being like a toilet over a toy. YOU, not him. YOU, YOU, YOU. It's always YOU. There's a difference between a boxing match and taking a few hits, when it's warranted, and crapping on people over a FRIGGING TOY. If you can't see that difference, then you need to leave the human race alone and become a hermit. If toys are more important to you than humanity, then you don't deserve a place in society. No one who does that does. You can defend Shockwave and he can diss him. He did diss Shockwave, you dissed HIM, there's a difference. I'm tired of trying to talk to you with respect, so I guess from here on out you'll have to be spoken down to in a condescending manner because you can't process the difference between a fictional character/its toy and a human being.

For the love of f*ck, just stop being you. For the sake of humanity, be better.

Pretty much. He's been like that since his time on Seibertron. He was a little more level-headed over there, but not by much. It's just fully unlocked over here like a badly written season pass or DLC from Hell. He lives to be awful to people and enjoy awful entertainment, he's admitted to such.

I'm so sick of it. No one should attack another human being, personally, over a toy. It's a toy.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Shockwave’s paratrooper is entertaining, but I wish he was articulated or the parachute+hooks could come off or something. As is, he’s probably staying in the box or accessories drawer. I feel like they could’ve included other stuff instead, maybe a knuckle duster for Prime, or just some normal NEST guys instead? Still totally on board with both leaders though.