Stock photos of SS Scavenger and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blazemongr, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Well, in all seriousness at least it does not look like an obvious robot on their four pretending to be something. Avoiding the folded down robot syndrome is a plus.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MaximusPrime2002

MaximusPrime2002 Well-Known Member

I have to admit Scavenger doesn't look quite as nice as the 3d models, though it could also likely be mistransformed. Either way I still look forward to getting it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mr Megatron

Mr Megatron Emperor of Destruction

Ebay:
    Wish they would show us scavenger in combined form with mixmaster, Hightower, and Scrapmetal. Just so we can get an actual sense of what devastators gonna look like compared to that prototype from a few months back. But knowing Hasbro we’re gonna have to wait until in hand photos come out. I don’t get it wouldn’t you want to show us something to get more people on board?

Ps this is a stock image reveal thread for movie toys, not a place to give your brand new hot take on the movies. Take it elsewhere.

• Like Like x 3
  4. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shockwave’s alt modes since G1 have largely seemed like afterthoughts. And I say that as a huge Shockwave fan as well. Some are arguably better than others, but the main event for me is and pretty much has always been the bot mode. That being said, so far this doesn’t look as bad as it could have been. I’ll withhold judgement until I have him in hand: stock photos rarely do a figure justice.

I have two on preorder. And Scavenger and Mixmaster as well as I plan on completing Devastator.

• Like Like x 4
  5. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    wish we got transformation sequence of scavenger already

• Like Like x 4
  6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, due to gyroscopic stabilization, as long as he has components in those wheels that continuously spin (even when still), then he'd also be incredibly stable in robot mode as well. Same reason why you don't have to put any thought into keeping a bicycle upright once you start going.

• Like Like x 6
  7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I normally wouldn't have cared less about Scavenger but I guess already having 4 pieces of SS Devastator has changed my mind. He actually looks pretty good but I wish he had a stand or some way to hold him up without having to use his shovel arms as kickstands.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We don't know if that's the case. It actually looks like there's a flat spot on his wheel to keep him standing, at least in a neutral pose. He might need his hands to keep him upright in more aggressive stances.

• Like Like x 5
  9. oo a toi

oo a toi Hasbro = Garbage

Why are you people the way that you are? As annoying as it is, I get the screaming fights poeple have when a director or suit comes to talk about corporate nonsense. These are just pictures of plastic and yet still you are less than Neaderthals. If tomorrow an asteroid hit this planet, I would die happy knowing your voices would cease to exist.

• Like Like x 16
  10. BelnadesPistol

BelnadesPistol Banned

Amen.

11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the wheel could be the stand :) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking forward to the Wheeljack/Sunstreaker repaints.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  13. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

Scavenger will be mine! I\'ll have to see Shockwave in person to decide if I want him.

14. b ri de s hea d

b ri de s hea d Remember the Lobster Called Gimlet?

Screenshot_2018-06-10-22-02-12~01.png
    me when I saw shockwave ∆

15. Rated X

Rated X Banned

This is the type of s**t that makes me embarrassed to be a gee-wunner. I grew up with G1, I am an avid CHUG collector, but I keep an open mind and I love my Bayverse. I wouldnt hesitate to flush MOST gee-wunners down the toilet for making the fandom look like s**t. You dont like studio series, dont f**king buy it. Dont go the the movies. Stay at home in your basement. You guys get plenty of love from the Siege and MP lines (which I collect too) but if you want to s**t on Bayverse for no reason other than to hate, im gonna s**t on you.

He called shockwave garbage. How is that not an attack ? He could have just said "I prefer G1 Shockwave, this new style is not for me." But hey if he wants to s**t on stuff, he gotta expect people to s**t back. Its probably a good thing that you didnt apply for mod. Youre talking about deleting posts on a totally biased mindset. These forums are like boxing, you gotta be prepared to take a couple hits back. You cant throw all the blows. You sounding like you would leave his post and delete mine is super biased. Get the f**k outta here with that BS. If he can diss shockwave, I can defend shockwave. If my post gets deleted, so should his.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Final Knight

Final Knight Starscream stole my Ice Cream

Not a big fan of Shockwave's alt mode (looks like a clustered CGI mess) but that robot mode looks SO badass. Makes me even more bummed that he didn't get more screentime in the movie.

Someone: *criticizes a toy*
    You: "iS dIs A pErsOnAl aTtAcK?!?!?!"

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    Everything Hasbro did wrong in past toylines they're doing right here. With all the improvements they're making (flat wheel to stand up unaided, accurate rusty purple paint), is there still any reason to buy past figures?

I thought this was serious until I saw who made this post.

It's not like he transformed in the film anyway. If you don't like it you could pretend he's an Action Master.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know that the SS line is more screen accurate and scaled with itself (I really respect that), but as far as answering why anyone would be interested in the older figures, well, they have infinitely more pinned pieces, nicer and more satisfying sizes, better tolerances, generally less floppiness, less sacrifice for one mode to be focused on...
    Some of it is personal preference, but the quality of many of the older figures really shows in comparison.

I have Shockwave pre-ordered from the moment it was made available. The movie design is impressive and, even though the figure uses parts and possibly the transformation scheme for the RotF Megatron figure (which I ended up selling because I couldn't enjoy it when pieces just randomly fell off), i will proudly display it alongside the Siege version on my Shockwave shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You are literally the most predictable person on these forums :p 

Except for maybe a bit of white paint he's missing, there is not one single reason the old voyager can even hope to be even close to this new figure.

• Like Like x 3