Stock photos of SS Scavenger and Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by blazemongr, Sep 20, 2019.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    People have already made the thread personal and attacked each other with unnecessary comments.
    You know this is a hot button issue for some and it's already been a target of ridicule.
    Stoking the fire is unnecessary, we're all adults, here.

I'm honestly kind of disappointed that Yaujta actually liked your post instead of saying the same thing. Whether he agrees with your opinion or not, he should be enforcing the rules and he knows I'm right.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's not my area, and I found it somewhat humorous even as a huge Shockwave fan. Plus, I know Fallout's brand of humor enough to know when he's not being overly serious.

Also, we can't just delete stuff because we find it questionable or don't like it. If something doesn't break a set rule, it's fine.

The alt mode is an afterthought, if anything.

• Like Like x 19
  3. Deathsaurus1

Deathsaurus1 Well-Known Member

The Michael bay movies were starting to lose their mass appeal everwhere except for china.
    The movies were all shit with no character development, horrible plot, and stupid humor.
    I used to think the 07 movie was good until i recently watched it about a week ago.
    I do like the designs of the characters though, even if prime , shockwave and soundwave were the only ones non transformers fans could probably name correctly lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    Grew up with G1 and the Bay movies. I appreciate the Bayformers for what they've done for the franchise. While I loved the first trilogy, AOE and TLK weren't that good. Financially, they were actually losing momentum since ROTF, hence the change in direction with Bumblebee. It came a year after TLK, the movie was successful even after competing with a lot of big films and coming from TLK's weak reception from general audiences and TF fans alike.

It's barely been a year and considering the gaps between the last movies it's pretty unreasonable to say that everything has slowed to a crawl. Not to mention there's been changes at Hasbro in how they are managing the franchises and their new studios which are involved with movies and TV. Not even a year later a new movie announcement should be expected? We've already gotten news that they have ideas and are in the drafting stages for a few different TF movies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    The toys will far outlive the movies, really. It's a shame, they could've been something great. I wasn't too terribly put off by the updates and designs to a degree, I understood the need for realism. That said, when AOE came out and Optimus turned into a snub nose, I excused it away out of being a fanboy at the time, for some reason I loved the movies (that ended abruptly after 10 years, imagine the shock to my system) so I stuck with it. Then someone pointed out Bay's or the producer's comments about Optimus needing to be the original 2007 truck and mass-shifting doesn't exist, etc, and I finally gave up.

Fortunately, the toys tend to thumb their nose at Bay and his crew and do their own thing while looking like what's in the movies. And they're much easier to transform, now. Doesn't take 20 minutes to transform one of them lol

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It still amazes me on how they were able to do Scavanger's wheels in a way that didn't involve the ROTf toy transformation. Shockwave looks amazing as well. His alt mode's messy though but to be fair we never saw him in alt mode in the movie anyway and he'll be displayed in robot mode for the majority of time so it's not a huge issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    There's a button at the top of every forum that shows who's responsible for it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    On the topic of G1 vs Movies can we just drop it? Whatever decision involving either mediums for mvoies or otherwise has been done long ago. At this point we should just hope that whatever comes our way will be something both sides can have common ground with. If anything we should grateful that the movies have another chance of winning back viewers and fans for whatever reasons. Not a lot of other franchises can say the same thing.

9. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

Do you think Hasbro will have the complete Devastator figure at NY comic Con?  And they are supposed to reveal the new Titan figure there too.  Some have been hinting that it won\'t be Scorponok.

10. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Aren't you worried about clogs?

• Like Like x 1
  11. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave looks good in robot mode... I wanna be positive here

12. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Huh. Never actually paid attention. o_O  I actually learned something today.

This. Yes.

Eh, I have high doubts they'd skip Scorponok right now. If they do, then Hasbro has bigger problems than HasLab Unicron. They need to get Scorp done and out of the way, it's way overdue.

Not if you have the right plunger.

13. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Well it's good to be safe.

For the record I love this shockwave. Demolisher on the other hand, I've never been fond of that design, but they did what they could with that design and it doesn't matter that much since it's just another piece to get devastator.

14. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Compared to the old Voyager Shocky... the problem I have with this SS Shockwave is it STILL DOESN\'T have the right silhouette of the on-screen character. Movie Shockwave had a very \"Guyver\"-esque physique to me -- almost bio-mechanical.  This doesn\'t.  I believe with its alt-mode as a Cybertronian tank, the designer can do so much more to make the bot mode as close to the on-screen version as possible.  This doesn\'t. Its upper torso proportions look way off.  Not that SS Shockwave isn\'t nice or better, it just isn\'t that much better than the older Voyager from that many years ago.  I painted and love my old Shocky (see http://newspicehosting.com/hobby/images/tf_movie_shockwave.jpg) to this very day.  Can\'t see myself getting this SS unless it\'s on deep discount.

15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If Shockwave's box said "SIEGE" instead, there would be ton of people loving it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wonder if Hasbro remolded Shockwave for KSI Two-head.

17. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    While I hate the Bay movies and most of the designs, there were a few I actually liked and Shockwave was one of them. I want to like this figure but it boggles my mind that they had all the opportunity to make the bot mode perfectly proportional and work the alt mode around it but it feels like the bot mode suffers for the alt mode when it didn\'t need to. What\'s even worse is the alt mode is complete trash. Maybe it looks better in person but from all the pictures so far it looks like a big letdown. The one thing I will say that\'s good about it is that coloration.The purple looks almost like metallic paint and I hope it\'s as glorious looking irl and I also appreciate the texturing and \"battle wear\". I know a lot of people hate on Siege for it but I absolutely love it and hope Hasbro continues to perfect it and use it on more lines that are focused on older fans like SS and WfC.

18. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

So whats that pannel off to the side in Scavenger\'s stock image and in the box? Another snap on shield like what ScrapMetal has?

• Like Like x 2
  19. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    I've never been so turned on in my life
    And I actually dig Shockwave's tank mode, it's so incredibly alien looking, but it looks purposeful if that makes any sense
    Fr

• Like Like x 2
  20. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

I enjoy Shockwave's alt mode in that it looks just as much of an abomination as I feel a Cybertronian Bayverse alt mode should.