Still No 3rd Party Bayformers...

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Bob 121, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The question was asked in the first post:

So answers were given. Lots of people hate them. Sorry if you don't like the answers.

2. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

This thread is the lolz...

3. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    This is HILARIOUS!

All movie toys are garbage, yet... they've been lauded as some of the best engineering for toys in a very long time, specifically ROTF and HFTD lines.

Yet, let's recall the shit brick G1s that had no possibility, no accuracy in either one mode or the other, and were widely partsformers or shellformers.

No wonder 3P has to come in and improve on the G1 shit brick pieces. Bayformers don't need any improvement, just bigger pieces.

4. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Your hate has no effect on what others buy though. OP was asking for a reasonable and mature statement not "they're the suxx0rz" or "G1 kneepads plz!"

6. TheShockwave48

TheShockwave48 Kinda sorta artist

News Credits:
    I would like to see 3rd Parties go into stuff other than G1, honestly. Some of the best looking 3P stuff IMO isn't G1 like, Caelus, Genesis, Salamore, etc.

7. Bob 121

Bob 121 Well-Known Member

Oh man I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Dear god I didnt think people like this actually still existed on here.

8. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

I think this man has it. Give it about 20 years when the kids that watched the movies want their own toys. They'll be the people making the toys then and will likely see a Renascence of collectible bayformers.

Personally, they're not my thing and i really don't like them at all. But I do recognize the films as having brought new blood and money back into the franchise which allows me to enjoy they stuff we're getting now. As for you movie youngens.... just wait a few years and you or your compatriots, finally at an age to build it, will make what you want.

9. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Eh, pass the popcorn.

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We have third party Gobots, Animated, FOC, Shattered Glass, and about a dozen original characters. This is hardly a G1-only, despite the Bayfanatics claiming so. Their shrill voices claiming "you only like GEEWUN!" falls on deaf ears because it's a lie.

I'd honestly expect to see third party Beast Wars toys first (I'm looking at you Perfect Effect!).

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  11. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Pretty much this. I think the, "Stop liking what I like!" meme picture is pretty apt for these type of threads. Well, I tried giving a neutral and unbiased answer to the OP's question but you'd have to be a masochist to stick around for the inevitable "Bayformers SuXx0rZ!" backlash.

Agreed.

12. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Sir, I salute your well-written and peaceable opinion here. Seriously.

13. werdwitha3

werdwitha3 Well-Known Member

I would like third party Beast Wars before third party Bayformers....

But if a 3rd party made some Bayformers, wouldn't bother me any. I doubt any of the 3rd party companies I actively buy from would toss aside their G1 Masterpieces in favor of making Bayformers, so whatever.

Give the fans what they want, it doesn't bother me.

Though I will say again, I doubt the demand is there enough to warrant a 3rd party taking the gamble on making any Bayformer figures.

14. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to see something done, but unless it was someone memorable I wouldn't be interested. Not big on the Cons and the Autobots were alright. Now if they could do MP level stuff then I'd be interested.

15. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Plenty of room if someone wants to do movie figures.

If not, that's fine.

Though I wonder if a 3P did tackle a movie figure or two, what would you do?

16. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - The money in third party is almost exclusively in G1. Given the prices and the Chinese market, the customer base who will buy third party is mostly aligned with G1 fans. Alternatively, the people making these toys are more into G1 generally. Who knows, maybe all the China pandering in AoE will inspire a huge bunch of new toys to get made over there. :lol 

- Honestly, most movie characters have a toy decent enough to represent them. Compared to that, there are loads of G1 characters without a classics or MP toy.

- Movie designs are complicated. To make a toy good enough to attract buyers over the official stuff will cost loads of cash to engineer compared to the relative simplicity of a classics toy.

- The movies are ongoing and characters keep getting updates. It's a serious risk that there will be a new official version any day now, which would hurt a third party company.

- The movies are a big focus for HasTak and also use licensed alt modes. If I had to guess, movie characters/alt modes are some of the things most likely to be attempted to get shut down by HasTak and/or their licensees.

- There IS some third party movie stuff. Fans Want It makes some amazing upgrade kits (I have them all and love 'em) and UFO makes some add-ons too. Movie third party is basically in it's infancy (like G1 third party was 10 years ago), and it will grow as long as there is a fanbase.

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wukong made a third party Bayformer. He's a Bumblebee. You Bayformer fans LOVE Bumblebee right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

To be fair, movie figures are much more popular than all of those...difference is there are a ton of alternative options for movie figs at much more reasonable prices. Why pay $100 for a figure there's already a readily available $20 version of? Sure, the $100 one is a bit fancier, but you could buy five of those slightly less fancy figures for the same price.

19. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I approve of your saltiness sir.

20. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Why do so many of you feel the need to be so hateful? This is seriously the whole 'nerds hating nerds' thing. It's like a Star Trek nerd hating on a Star Wars nerd.