Minor/Repaint: Steven Universe Transformers Crossovers Shapeways Kits

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shockblade501, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream I'm still waiting for a new Thunderwing

News Credits:

Ohhh, I see your point.

You will try to paint her like if she was using her leg extensions?

2. Shockblade501

Shockblade501 Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely, that was always my favorite look for her, plus the alpha bravo molds legs look remarkably similar to her boots

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream I'm still waiting for a new Thunderwing

News Credits:
    They look quite a lot like them.

Also, will you try to give Rose Trion something to make her more female-ish? Like new feet, new arms that could form the head of The Lion (the one from the show, obviously), and maybe you could try to change things a little bit by adding a hinge to make her shoulders to be slimmer. I know that this is too much, but for what I've seen with the work you put in the Gauntlets, I do think that you could do it. Just imagine how it can be done.

4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    This is an amazing project. Such an awesome job adapting the animation designs to the TF aesthetic. Very much looking forward to seeing its completion. Keep up the awesome work.

Definitely going to be adapting a couple custom femme combiners I was planning to this project. Hopefully the figures I have that don't match the intended molds I'll be able to make work with your new parts.

• Like Like x 2
  5. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy "The" Big Cantuna

I'm not even a SU fan and this is a wicked project. I have always loved the artwork and designs of the girls, and your ideas behind which characters to use are seriously some next level nerdery, and in the best way possible. This is a phenomenal idea, and I hope it turns out better than you could have hoped!! Keep it UP, yo!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Shockblade501

Sorry for the radio silence everybody, I'm just checking in to let ya know in still working on this. Midterms are almost over so I'll have more time soon, and I have yet to order the test prints as I'm doing what I can to lessen the cost of the prints. I'll try to have an update soon.
    I also have great news if some of you don't already have an extra copy of the hotspot/pyra magna/onslaught mold to modify for this as we have just learned the hotspot mold will be rereleased as inferno in the power of the primes line. It probably also has better base colors for this project as well. I'm also considering using that PotP moonracer mold to make pearl instead of groove. The form of the bot mode is much more akin to pearl than groove, however grooves cycle was more what I had in mind for pearls alt mode. I'll think on that one, but I want the base figures to be readily available for people when I have this project ready.

• Like Like x 10
  7. DrWangenstein

DrWangenstein Active Member

Dude

You are doing the lord's work. I really hope you get to fully realize your idea and I hope even more I'm able to pull it off half as well as you seem like you will.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Gaia Saber

Gaia Saber Young G1 fanboy and shy customizer

Is Garnet gonna be painted soon? Also what about the other limbs/gems?

• Like Like x 2
  9. WieQuadrat

WieQuadrat Well-Known Member

U just made me google steven universe i have no clue wth is that. Btw the hotspot chest boob and gauntlet looks awesome.

10. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy "The" Big Cantuna

Seriously. I would throw money at these as potential upgrade kits. I would love to see more fan made crossovers like this.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DrWangenstein

I think that the moonracer mold is great for pearl since both modes are really slim and sleek and she'll already have a good deco for pearl, just gotta touch it up a bit really

12. Digger

Digger Cracker-Man

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really like this idea! I hope in future you could put your designs on shapeways or something, they'd sell well.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

It’s always a pleasure looking at this form!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DrWangenstein

Bump! Hope you end up finishing this someday dude!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Bandobras

Bandobras Distracticon

This is such a great idea.

• Like Like x 2
  16. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

Sorry for the stupid question, but what software are you using?

Great work by the way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. UnderChromey

UnderChromey Member

I see you mentioned Stevonnie very briefly there, what do you think to possibly using Battletrap?
    I'm not sure it really fits what with the chunky legs, but then you could have Connie (the helicopter figure even having a potential blade look on its arm) and Steven combining into Stevonnie, might be a little difficult to make it look right though.

• Like Like x 3
  18. westjames aka notirishman

westjames aka notirishman notsoalex

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Looks like an awesome idea. Definitely interested, good job so far.

19. Shockblade501

Hey everyone! I realize my updates are very infrequent as i'm trying to balance this project with the rest of my life. I've recently started putting extra time into this as I have quit my job to be a full time student for my last semester. My goal was to have all of Garnet ready for shapeways by New Years... that obviously didn't happen, so let's see if I can get her done by Chinese New Year!

I'm very excited to show off the combiner pieces! The head here is the temple fusion who is still unnamed as of me writing this. I decided that rather than curling the hair so much like the concept I would instead opt for a stylistic choice by making her hair tendrils end in rose blossoms! I thought it would be a good allusion to Rose Quartz' presence in the fusion. Also there is absolutely no hiding this head in truck mode, you can turn it around but it's not really hiding there, but oh well the gems never really hid their identities or what they are in the show anyway so it's not so bad. I'm also very proud of the combiner chest details! Beach City Fire Brigade!!! Oh also there's a few tweaks to the bot chest, probably barely noticeable, but it helps make room for the ladder in combined mode

Aside from a few tweaks after testing what I have below, I need only to finish the gauntlet... again. The first one was just too expensive to produce so I'm reworking that section to use less material. I'd also like opinions on the preferred shape of the gauntlet. In the picture I have my current work in progress and an old iteration of it next to it so you can better see the underlying geometry. To get that more snug fit it ended up taking on a curvier shape. I would like to know if you prefer it that way or if you'd rather prefer the base being more like the more direct cylinder on the left, like my very first design but tapered. There's also slight modifications on the combined weapon that I'll touch on in the future.

Aside from that, I'd like to announce a change of plans to my future projects. As I do have other projects that I'd very much like to move on to, I am going to only finish the components for the combiner; so that's Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Lapis, and Peridot. But, as mentioned by UnderChromey, I have been thinking about making either a smaller Garnet as well as a Stevonnie out of the Battletrap coming out soon (just thinking Stevonnie because a chunky Steven could turn into the Mr. Universe van and a slim Conny could turn into... wait for it... Dog Copter! or at least painted to homage that)
    I've decided to definitely switch mold choices for Pearl to the Moonracer mold rather than Groove. I think Lapis and Peridot will remain as AirRaid and Alpha Bravo respectively, especially since Blackwing is basically the same mold but with slightly more desirable shapes and color. I'm holding out until New York Toy Fair to make a final verdict on Amethyst as a Firestar is pretty likely to accompany Elita1 and Moonracer and I want to see if it's a good mold choice.

I think that's all for now guys, can't wait to have a finished product with this!
    combiner chest back.PNG combiner chest front.PNG combiner head front.PNG combiner head three quater back.PNG combiner head three quater.PNG combiner head top.PNG chest.PNG gauntlet wip.PNG

• Like Like x 10
  20. Digger

Digger Cracker-Man

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Glad to see some new stuff! Love the head.

• Like Like x 3