Minor/Repaint: Stealth Bomber Shockwave (wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by astig, Aug 27, 2013.

?

should i keep the black/purple color or paint it G1

1. keep the black and purple color scheme

34.3%
  2. paint it in G1

65.7%
  1. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    Hi All,

here's a project im currently working on. the moment i saw the idw megatron mold, i knew he's going to be my custom shockwave. still have lots of things to work out, and still contemplating if i should keep the black/purple paint scheme(as it really works for me, and also want to keep megs!) or paint him G1. what do you guys think?

Also, looking to incorporate four modes for him, robot, stealth bomber, hover tank, and canon. hoping to finish this soon. thanks for looking! :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. raptordriver

raptordriver Well-Known Member

I love the cannon mode. This is a really cool idea. Commit fully and do the repaint into G1 colors though, otherwise he's just Megs with a new head (althogh I really like the colors too.)

3. Effion

Effion It's also a gun

I really like the hover tank and cannon modes. Did you need to mod him at all to get the cannon to mount there for those modes?

If you're not going to have this guy be Megs elsewhere in your collection / on the same shelf, I'd say keep the black and purple deco (especially with how neat the black plastic is with the sparkles), but maybe do something with the bright purple plastic? It looks rather out of place since its only used on his hands and abs / crotch. I'm thinking a gunmetal would work nicely for those spots (tho I love Tamiya Gunmetal, and work it in wherever I can so I'm a bit biased :D  ).

Now, if you're going to have the same mold as Megs too, then I'd repaint Shocky, even if its just adding in more purples, grays, and blacks to make the two distinct.

4. jordanimus 1

jordanimus 1 Well-Known Member

A nice choice for a Shockwave. Go ahead and drop that purple paint scheme on him and make it official. Very cool.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I would suggest keeping it like that. Looks far cooler that way and stands out from other Shockwave fan creations.

6. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say maybe add some more purple in areas that aren't going to show up on the top of the bomber at least, just so as to distinguish him from Megatron a bit more.

Also, what head are you using for him?

7. Che

Che Well-Known Member

I am curious too. Is it FOC Shockwave's head?
    And how does it fit? Any problem with transformation affter installing the new head?

8. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I want to say that it's from the Longblast upgrade set for RTS Jazz.

9. HaZe

HaZe Well-Known Member

I think reverse the colors

10. astig

astig Optimus Prime's Driver

News Credits:
    thank you for all the comments and suggestions!
    for the cannon to attach in hover tank/ cannon mode, i don't completely snap the shoulders and cockpit together, leaving a gap just enough to mount the cannon. i put a couple of pins on the cannon to mount into those gaps.

the head is actually from heavily modified alternators shockblast, which was the only shockwave i had. the head is one issue im trying to figure out. the head clearance is sooo small that it barely fits, and i also have to turn it 180degrees to transform. to be honest im still looking for a more suitable head, that's why this is still a work in progress.

11. Darkryt

Darkryt Combiner Enthusiast

If I may present a third option... perhaps mixing Animated Shockwave's grey colors with the grey colors of Animated and some G1 Megatrons so it still say 'Shockwave' while reeking of Megatron?

I'd also like to note that I like this idea so much, if I was making my own original Transformers series, I would base Shockwave off this.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I think he looks great already. If you want the "stealth" keep as is.

13. MCutter

MCutter Ugly bag of mostly water

News Credits:
    Unless you're displaying him with an unaltered Megatron from the same mold I like it with the predominantly black color scheme. Are there more parts that are hidden in the alt mode that could have purple added?

14. Matt-o-matic

Matt-o-matic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely. Megs, Shockwave and Soundwave I think always pose a problem when coming up with a decent earth-based alt mode. I think TFP cracked it for Soundwave, but I've always felt that just being a tank for either of the other two is far too slow and plodding; this I feel suits Shockwave a lot more than Megatron for some reason, especially with the extra modes. He really does look cool!

I think this would be a good compromise, to keep the realism of the alt mode.

15. Ultra Maverick

Ultra Maverick Canadian

Dude, that is flippin' incredible.
    That works really well for shockwave

16. seanb47

seanb47 FB: SBee's Custom Creations/ IG @Sbee_75

Ebay:
    I think it's a awesome shockwave mold choice!Nice idea! Also really diggin' all the different modes!!! Quadruple changer! As far as the color scheme, I think some color variation should be used to break it away from the look of Megatron.

17. hellbred

hellbred Well-Known Member

i like it just the way it is colorways. pity about the head though it suits the bot mode
    very imaginative work

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 TFW's #1 Combaticon Addict 10 years running Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Best custom Shockwave I've seen. Usually the gun hand is either much too small or much too big for the rest of the arm but this one is perfect. And the head is spot-on with the proportions IMO. Awesome work and can't wait to see him painted up! :thumb 

19. Erricks1

Erricks1 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Damn it! You beat me to it :D  looks awesome though