Statues - Are they valuable?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by peeman, Apr 20, 2012.

1. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hello Everyone,

Ive started to become interested in the Sonic Statues made by First 4 Figures and I wondered if there were any individuals here who collected statues? I have no experience of buying anything other than transformers do don't know alot about this type of collecting.

How does the value of these things (Statues) change over time? I assume some series are way more valuable that others. I notice that alot of people on ebay make a big thing about the number on the statue, with the assumption being that the lower the number the rarer the statue is. Is this nonsense? Unless your statue has a number less than 10 are they all worth pretty much the same? I have managed to get a Metal Sonic Statue for a low (ish) price online and its number is 77 out of 1500. Does a low number mean anything? Perhaps an initial shipment?

I also notice that some companies like First 4 Figures (with the Sonic Statues) sell exclusive versions which light up etc. However you have to purchase these direct from the company and seem to pay a premium for the statue and for shipping. Are these worth buying over the original statue?

My apologies for all the questions I just wondered if anyone with more experience could give me some information on this hobby.

Thank You

2. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry for the bump,

Can anyone give me some info or advice.

Thank You

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't collect them but these is what my friends who collect them:

1. Generally the lower the number of statues released, the rarer it is. However...

2. How much a statue is in demand depends on the character and the company. For example, Spider-man from Bowen.

Hope the above helps.

I almost went into statues but they are difficult to maintain.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    This one is:

[​IMG]

5. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    ^^That's so weird since it's no longer MISB.