State of Decay

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, Jun 18, 2013.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anyone else tried this one yet? I just got into it and it is awesome.

What it is in a nutshell is a Zombie survival RPG. You control a few members of a group of survivor and try to survive. You have to go out with your backpack and gather supplies and then bring them back. You scavenge building materials to improve your home base, gather medical supplies, gather food and ammo, etc. Everything is finite. Once a car is destroyed, it is destroyed for good. Once a playable character is dead, he stays dead! You need to play smart.

Right now we are hold up in a church and two adult siblings are arguing for staying/leaving. I'm ready to take the brother out to scout for new home sites.

I lost one person last time and decided to restart because she is one of the early people you meet. This new one I lost a guy, but he is someone I had recently picked up so he wasn't leveled up much.

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    I want the game, but the Australian Xbox LIVE Marketplace won't upload it yet.

3. rattrap007

News Credits:
    If you play, the mission where you go get the doctor, take two good weapons. You will need them.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the demo.
    However, I have so many games to finish I was going to wait until this goes on sale before I bought it.

I figured if I bought the game now I probably wouldn't play it until I was reminded of it because I saw it on sale.
    I'd be like "Oh yeah! I paid $10 more for that six months ago!" :) 

5. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm really enjoying this a lot. It's definitely the kind of zombie game that I've always wanted to play. I ended up losing one of my survivors when he got caught between an infested industrial park and a horde. He ended up getting ripped in half and eaten.

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Had a few close calls and two Deaths (first one and i just restarted the game because it was early).

1.) Went to rescue the brother out at the farm. Hop in a car with Maria and drive over an embankment and flip the car. I'm tired and a little weak. I'm a good half mile away and there is a hoard between me and the farm if I take a direct path. I take the long way. i keep getting attack but I make it to the brother. I nearly die and my weapons break. I manage to take him home. Whew.

2) after #1 I use marcus a bit then get the call to go to the doc. I switch to maria and get her there only to realize I forgot to give her weapons. I die. Restart.

3) I go out to meet a scavenger in the middle of the freakin' woods. I'm attacked constantly and nearly die several times. It seems to take forever. But I make it back alive.

Dear god this game can panic the crap out of you quick.

7. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought the game on Saturday of the week it was released. Should've bought it the day it was released cuz I haven't gotten to play it as much due to Animal Crossing, which was released the next day.

Its great game, even with all the hiccups.

I'm at the first safe zone/community. I had to put cars around the walls that don't have barbwire. Had a horde jumping over the fence. Had one zombie run through the wall below the the lookout near the front entrance.

I have a large backpack, but I hope there is a larger one, I seem to always be encumbered. I pick up every little thing. Would be nice to put stuff in a vehicle.

8. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

I enjoyed the demo and was impressed by the length of it. I found the car driving parts the most enjoyable – and just being able to stop off and raid for supplies was great.

Due to the lack of polish there’s a real grindhouse feel to the game that gets you really engaged. I was tempted to buy it but I’ve a massive pile of games I need to play through beforehand, I’ll pick it up when it’s come down in price and a co-op has been added.

9. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Played the demo for a few minutes. I thought it was okay, and was going to maybe play the whole demo later.
    Reading this thread, I'm definitely playing through the demo. Sounds like what I wanted Dead Island to be more like. May have to get me some MS points.

10. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Well I'm gonna keep with this game a bit more then try and start a new one.

This game punishes you if you don't play really smart. I went out (with a low ranked guy) and started playing in the second town. I go to check out a building and i get attacked by a feral zombie (VERY Fast and animal like) It pounces me and I manage to get him off. I'm am severely hurt and I try to run back to my car I aim my gun and fire *click* OH SHIT! I'm outta ammo and forgot to pick more up last time I was at the safe house. I remember I have a grenade and get ready to suicide kill them (Achievement is called "You always were an a-hole Goreman" a ref to Aliens) but I can't throw it in time. I die. Later I am using another low level guy who is tired and I go to help some neighbors and such. I run outta ammo and all that is left is a few normals and a juggernaut (HUGE FAT ZOMBIE REDNECK) Well I go Out to suicide, it goes off but I am only severely weakened. Well Bubba rips me apart. I still got my 2-4 experienced members. I need to gather supplies and build new modular areas.

Did have fun earlier messing around. I drive a beat up station wagon after barely surviving a mission. I'm driving back and I see a juggernaut (I call em Bubbas) and I decide to run one over. Well let's just say doing that is like running into a tree. Car makes a dead stop and is damaged. He just falls back a bit. I drive off before I total a beat up car. Well I find another one shortly there after and again run into one. I have to hit him three times to kill it. Third time car catches fire and I run for it. It blows up in time for me to see the explosion send bubba's carcass flying across the ground about 30+ yards. I get another car and head home to complete the mission.

11. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Game is out on pc through steam early access. This version however does not include keyboard and mouse support. You must use a 360 or 3rd party controller. Im using a ps3 controller and emulating it as a 360 controller with motion joy. Seems to work fine.Support for Keyboard and mouse will come later.

12. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Bump . . . thinking about trying this game out. Any PC impressions other than this one?