Starwars FX Lightsaber (Radio Shack)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Zero Prime, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I just thought I would share this for all those who love the Starwars FX Lightsaber line. I saw them at Radio shack yesterday for only $79.00. These aren't the same as the originals though. They are licensed through the Starwars brans but they are build your own Lightsaber kits. They are kind of like the old $20.00 build your own lightsaber kits but much higher quality, well, they are FX quality.

Here is a link showing an Obi Wan build of the kit and a small review.
    http://starwars.yahoo.com/photos/ma...at=photos&ue_dpam=soft&ue_dpln=Father+and+Son

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen one of those kits, but didn't look too closely. They sure make it look like the parts are metal (like the other FX sabers) on the box pictures. And the blade is only single LED? Boo.

I wondered how they could possibly sell the kit for $99 (regular price) if the parts were all metal and the blade had the sequential LEDs in 3 colors. Does it at least have the sound/motion effects?

3. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wait, so the kit with a bunch of plastic and only 1 led is 80, when the regular price I see the forcefx sabers for all the time is 100(and I got 4 of them on sale for 50), why bother with the kit?

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Where did you get them for that price?

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    a long time ago from frys.com, I picked up a pair of darth maul sabers, an obi-wan, and a luke.

edit: I should probably specify they were 50 a piece, not 50 for all 4. I've also seen them on sale at brick and mortar stores here and there for 80.