Starting My Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SuperSeanski, Apr 29, 2018.

1. SuperSeanski

SuperSeanski Member

Brand new to the site and was looking to get some suggestions. I'm hoping people can tell me the best versions, KO or 3rd party figures that would scale with the Masterpiece line. I currently have the Hasbro Bumblebee MP-08, the following is my dream list of figures I want. I realize I probably will never complete this list, due to costs, but I would like to start checking a few off. And if anyone has any suggestions, where to buy, which ones to pick up first, that would be great to.

Autobots-
    Optimus Prime
    Ironhide
    Prowl
    Wheeljack
    Ratchet
    Jazz
    Cliffjumper
    Hound
    Arcee
    Jetfire/Skyfire
    Perceptor

Dinobots-
    Grimlock
    Slag
    Sludge
    Snarl
    Swoop

Decepticons-
    Megatron
    Soundwave
    Starscream
    Skywarp
    Thundercracker
    Shockwave

Constructicons-
    Hook
    Scrapper
    Bonecrusher
    Long Haul
    Scavenger
    Mixmaster

Cassettes-
    Laserbeak
    Ravage
    Rumble
    Frenzy

• Like Like x 3
  2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. A lot of the Masterpieces have been KO'd and go for reasonable prices on EBay.

I picked up a KO Shockwave last year for just €42 including postage. It's in excellent condition.

I know some collector's look down on KOs but this can be an expensive hobby.

I'd rather pay €42 for a good quality ko instead of more than double that for an official figure that is in no way better and ridiculously overpriced as it is.

Try and avoid impulse buys, if you wait long enough everything can be gotten for a reasonable price.

And don't let other collectors influence you. Buy what you like and don't worry whether other people like it. Collect for yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Autobots-
    Optimus Prime - Get any version of the MP-10 mould, but there's an upcoming one from Takara for 2019.
    Ironhide - Get the official MP Ironhide
    Prowl - Get the official or KO, or the upcoming MP-17 Plus Prowl (from takara).
    Wheeljack - Get the official or KO Wheeljack
    Ratchet - Official MP Ratchet
    Jazz - Get either Toyworls Jazz or MakeToys jazz
    Cliffjumper - There's the Ocular Max upcoming one, upcoming onefrom XtransBots.
    Hound - no mp options right now
    Arcee - FansToys Rouge
    Jetfire/Skyfire - FansToys Phoenix
    Perceptor - There's no a decent perceptor right now

Dinobots-
    Grimlock - FansToys Grinder
    Slag - Fanstoys Scoria
    Sludge - FansToys Stomp
    Snarl -FansToys Sever
    Swoop - FansToys Soar

Decepticons-
    Megatron - Get the Inifinite Transformation KO of MP-36 or the official one (MP-36 Megatron).
    Soundwave - Use the MP-13 from Hasbro or Takara, or the Toy House Factory KO. (the one from hasbro includes all casettes),
    Starscream - Get Meteor Howling from "MakeToys".
    Skywarp - Get the upcoming repaint from meteor howling.
    Thundercracker - Get the upcooming repaint from meteor howling.
    Shockwave - There are 3 options, Oficial MP Shockwave, FansToys QuakeWave, and QuakeWave (this being the cheapest).

Constructicons-There is the "ToyWorld" Constructor, there's a v2 gift set right now in TFSource.com for 459$, or use the NBK KO (Gravity Builder) for less than 100$ for all the set on ShowzStore.
    Hook
    Scrapper
    Bonecrusher
    Long Haul
    Scavenger
    Mixmaster

Cassettes- Get the officials MP casettes with either Hasbro's soundwave or the separated mp packs, there's also the Ko of these around the market.

Use BigbadToyStore,TFSource, TheChosenPrime, Showzstore,com, TF-Direct, all safe stores.

For eBay, use this entire thread and its recent responses to get a guide to buy on the website.
    China Ebay Seller Check

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Oh as nice looking as the Decepticon jets are, they tend to be overpriced. The Combiner Wars versions are similar in scale and usually a lot cheaper than the Masterpiece versions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

@Seth Sunthay - Maketoys Gundog is an MP Hound isn’t he, as is Fanstoys Willis?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    true.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    welcome friend... good luck to you on your venture. simple list, nothing out of the ordinary, should be easily obtainable. basically one of each from the original series, nice. that was my initial goal, and i can tell you from experience, once youve obtained your "want" list... as far as collecting goes, theres nothing more pleasing and/or satisfying. my advice find good 3rd party figure thread, hang back, figure out who is knowledgeable, talk to the folks that have actually have purchased these figures. get a good feel for whats out there...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

This is a great collection. You will be very pleased with any of the choices you make for these figures.

9. TrueHeresy

TrueHeresy Well-Known Member

There is an amazing list of all the 'MP style' figures here
    As for the *best* version, it really is personal preference and will require a bit of searching the options against the list.
    For me, official is preferred as they are generally just a great quality. Fanstoys are highly regarded (although I don't own any) and I'm personally a big fan of Make Toys.
    Anyway, enjoy the hobby and welcome to the site - it's a really great resource :) 

• Like Like x 1