Starscream Was Wack In All 3 Movies!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TillAllROne, Jul 2, 2011.

1. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

But Starscream never had badass moments before...Excluding the Unicron trilogy...

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:

Are you seriously drunk or something?

Movie 1 : boring. Just established that you shouldn't take Starscream on in the air.

Movie 2 : Fine. Whatever. Didn't do anything very notable except for that forest fight scene.

Movie 3 : He sounds like he's taunting Megatron in the Africa scene. Then we have his usual toady self. Then we see him badass taking out an Autobot ship and military transports. Then we have him going all bitchy and sissy ass cause Sam shot out one of his eyes.

Frickin' character inconsistency !!! The movies suck.

probably suffering from gingivitis ! : D !

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He went like a boss and destroyed a shitload of jets [and wiped the floor with Ironhide and Ratchet], that's pretty badass.

He also attacked Sam and Mikaela in the desert and helped Megs on Egypt, and he was on the Meeting at the Nemesis.

So that's pretty much every major 'Con scene.

No, he's being a suck-up ["Oh My Master, MY POOR MASTER! how it pains me to see you this way, so vulnerable, so weak!"], pretending he cares about Megatron [and failling miserably at such, as Megatron quickly goes "Shut up, dumbass"], it's blatantly obvious that he is just pretending, given his over-the-top voice in saying "POOR MASTER, OOH POOORRR MASTER!", he's like a bad actor in that scene: Too over-the-top.

He's always been like that [for a good reason, because, y'know, MOTHERFUCKING MEGATRON].

So..? The fact He's a suck-up doesn't mean he is useless in battle, he pretends to be loyal to Megatron because Megatron a violent psychopath, he wouldn't even dream of attacking that guy.

But THAT doesn't mean he can't just go COWARD KILLIN' TIME on his enemies.

I'll shoot an harpoon on your eye and see how you will react.

Starscream is not inconsistent on this movie, he's just a guy that thinks he is badass and will act as such until someone kick the table upon him, leaving him to act as a coward.

Examples? Mission City: Acts like a BAMF but when the Autobots start to get the upper hand he leaves Megatron to die, In the forest battle as well: When Optimus goes "LET'S GET DANGEROUS", SS turns defensive, in Egypt he acts all badass, but when Optimus kicks the crap out of him, he runs away [again].

And finally, in Chicago he took down the military ships and attacked Sam, but when he was blinded, he tried to run away.

It's simple: He overestimates his abilities and underestimates his enemies' abilities, when the enemy proves to be badass, he flees in fear.

On his abilities being inconsistent, I don't think so, he is a excellent sky commander, death from up above and all that shit, but sucks at close-quarter combat.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Glad to know this doesn't only happen to me. Why do people try to argue with other people by rephrasing what they just said?

5. LesterX

LesterX Banned

:lol 

GIRLS WATCH TRANSFORMERS? WHA-? DOES NOT COMPUTE.

6. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

LOL^^Yes yes we do :D  at least i do
    I Love all the Transformers
    Optimus and the Autobots
    the explosions and the action
    And the cars
    Can't get that in a chick flick :thumb 

7. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

I was unaware that Cybertronians had saliva.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

They don't. However,Starscream can spit Jet fuel :D 

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    Very nice.

10. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:

How coincidental that we face off with each other yet again, seems like yesterday when we were debating on Shockwave's role in the movie.........

I still think that Starscream's mocking Megs. Just when did Starscream in the past suck up to an injured Megatron before ? Calling upon past incarnations of course

I didn't even say Starscream was useless in battle. How the hell did you bring that out ?

Don't exaggerate. But to make things interesting, I'd scream in pain from the shock, of course. Shut up. Go into murder mode, and pretty much try and kill you

Thing is, he's as skilled as they come. This should have reflected on some of his personality; he's isn't that much of a coward. Hell, he should have been pissed and pretty much tried to kill Sam with his good eye instead of bitching about it.

You're talking about foreknowledge. We all know about Starscream's personality wayyyyyyy before 2007.

be still my beating heart..............................(faints)

11. Overlord Balder

We're on our route to a friendly rivalry, it seems.
    Now it's just you and me, Troopertron! :lol 

Can be interpreted either way, but I really think he wouldn't risk Megatron kicking the living shit out of him, movie-verse Megatron is probably the most violently psychotic of all Megatrons.

I was refering to movie-verse.
    Besides, I always found Starscream blatantly backstabbing Megatron absolutely ridiculous: Megatron is a fucking psychopath [in any continuity], he would slaugther anyone that betrayed him with that consistency.

Movie-verse leaned on that idea, as did Animated [to a lesser extent but still] and Prime: They're all backstabbers, but due Megatron's psychopathy, they wait for the best opportunity to betray them, not just flat-out say in Megs face: "I'LL BETRAY YOU ONCE YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON ME" [As G1-SS used to do].

Mystic powers of misinterpration, nevermind.

Clearly you don't know how much a freaking harpoon being launched directly on your skulls hurts [me neither, but whatever].

Besides, he DID try to kill Sam a number of times ["I'M GONNA KICK YOU!"] after he was blinded, he just couldn't do much because he couldn't see a damn thing.

Also, SS is a coward.

He tried to kill Sam, but the sheer pain of his eye being ripped off kind of drifted his thoughts for a while, then NEST started to fire at will in his direction [making the pain relatively worse].

AND he tried to Kill Sam!

AND it's like I said: He's badass, but when someone kicks the table upon him, he goes coward-mode.

But that's how he acted here as well.

12. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:

eh. It's all good, can't think of anything better. Let's dance ! (transforms into a Cybertronian tank)

Thing is, since Megatron is that psychotic, wouldn't suggesting or outright saying that he's weak and injured would qualify to get maimed or killed ?

hehe, alright there's that.

Admittedly, this subtle approach is much more rationalized and realistic : D

But come on, there was barely, if none, scheming from Starscream in the movie!

and you clearly don't know that by the time the harpoon hits your head, both of us wouldn't have time to register what happened.

and haven't you seen how big a Transformer eye is ? Where's the mass and physics in how many tonnes of that against a small detonator ?

and here I was wishing this Starscream would actually be different.

13. Overlord Balder

Heh, heh.

Yes, and that's what happened in the movie, as seen in Megatron's reaction ["SILENCE, YOU SUCK-UP, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TOLD, WHICH IS NOTHING!"], but Starscream [being the usual dumbass he is] thought he could win Megatron's sympathy through pretending to feel sorry for him.

In short, SS [as usual] said something without thinking about it twice.

Agreed.

Which is unfortunate, but I don't think we had any room for backstabbing on these movies [On DOTM, we had Sentinel, on TF2007 the characters were being introduced and on ROTF...well...ROTF sucked].

But Starscream DID abandon Megatron at Mission City on TF2007 [which leads Megatron to the beginning of ROTF: "You left me to die on that wretched planet!"], he backstabbed him indirectly.

True.

The detonator was about the same size of Starscream's eye.
    Besides, it was WheeljaQ's badass detonator, we don't know how powerful that crap is.

Me too, but I can enjoy some old cowardice and stupidity from Starscream, it's kind of amusing to see him failing badly at earning Megatron's trust.

Besides, whenever we want a new and improved SS, we can watch TFP.

14. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

The movie sucked, I can't believed he was killed by poking his eyes out, Micheal Bay is a douchebag. I can't understand how the movie made so much money.

15. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Totally agree. He was at the same time badass and a cowering sycophant. Perfect!

Plus, his design was the one that grew the most on me. I went from HATING the design with a passion to having it be one of my favorites in the whole trilogy! EXCELLENT leader class toy, too.

Wow, sounds like you're complaining about the fact that SS was the same AND complaining that he was different! Good going :rolleyes2 

16. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

One problem with your statement. SS never utilized any proper moment to try to take over Megatron, as you put it. So really, in all three movies we only got half of SS.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I paid to see it twice...so I guess I'm partially to blame. :( 

18. aeleven

aeleven Well-Known Member

I got it from BT Junkie, and I still feel ripped off.

19. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh so you're one of those idiots that thinks that seeing a movie on a shitty bootleg on your computer is the same experience as seeing a movie in IMAX 3D.

20. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Soooo ... if a person sees the movie in 3D, he will think that StarScream was better portrayed as a character?