Starscream Was Wack In All 3 Movies!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TillAllROne, Jul 2, 2011.

1. AMG

AMG Old School

This isn't G1 Starscream.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Shockwave, Devastator, Frenzy, Scorponok, Brawl, The Dreads, Ravage, and everyother Decepticon not named Megatron, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Barricade, or Starscream would like to speak to you.

3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    In all 3 movies ? Not entirely true.

In TF1, Starscream held his own and his actions spoke louder than words. ( Most other Cons got taken out like chumps, except for Brawl & Starscream )

However, as a result of the fanbase's outcry for more characterization, the writers went a bit overboard/ to the other extreme end of the spectrum :

which made him look like too much of a submissive punchbag in ROTF and plain incompetent and silly in DOTM.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I liked Starscream so much I wish they would retain his weird star-monkey body somehow. Like if Furman wrote out a reason for him looking like that.

5. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

But Starscream was still a bitch. Haha, they just made him bitchier.

6. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Haven't seen Dark of the Moon yet but I kinda like the idea of Starscream being a kiss up when the situation calls for it.

It never made sense to me that G1 Starscream was second in command when Soundwave was obviously more intelligent, had more experience as a leader, and was actually loyal to Megatron. Starscream was openly out for Megatron's job, was constantly screwing things up, never had the intelligence to kill Megatron when he's at his weakest, and was just all around an annoying character.

Skip to Armada, also openly out for Megatron's job but actually had the power and intelligence to MAYBE accomplish that.

Energon Starscream forgot his own name and that he hated Megatron and became Megatron's loyal soldier. Kinda Dinobot 2 type character there.

Cybertron Starscream, back to the same traits as Armada Starscream. And this time he actually got into an epic battle with... Was he Galvatron at the time I can't remember. But yeah, they had an epic battle and Starscream held his own in the fight and wasn't a pathetic wimp like so many others.

Animated Starscream built an Army of himself and still could not defeat Megatron. He was also a kiss up to Megatron's face and actually caused the event that reduced Megatron to just a head but it all went down hill from there. He's also died multiple deaths and in a montage thanks to an AllSpark fragment that just keep reanimating him.

Prime Starscream is very much like his Animated counterpart... so far...

Movie Starscream... is not even Starscream... It's ok to kiss up when you're hiding your true goals because smart people don't announce when they're planning to kill their boss. But Starscream has always been opportunistic, taking command in Megatron's absence. The first thing he does when everyone believes Megatron to be dead is to declare himself the new leader. This is true for every Starscream except in the bay films. In fact the first movie seems to have consisted not only of finding the AllSpark but a highly out of character move for Starscream to also end up freeing Megatron from his frozen state rather than try to kill him. I guess technically it was Frenzy who realized Megatron was being held in the dam but still Starscream was there too and he never even made an attempt to blow up the dam? He didn't even seem shocked when Megatron came out of the Dam so surely he knew Megatron was in there. And he just went straight into kiss up mode. In the second movie the closest Starscream ever got to his old self was "In your absence someone had to lead." which would of been in character if not for the fact that he was talking about the Fallen and not himself.

If he's not trying to declare himself the leader whenever Megatron is out of the picture he isn't Starscream. The dude in the movie doesn't even look like Starscream, he looks like Waspinator. He doesn't have the looks or the personality of Starscream so he absolutely fails to live up to his name. BW Terrorsaur was more Starscream than movie Starscream is. That's pretty bad when a character who isn't even a Starscream pulls off the character better than one who is.

7. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

I actually thought he was very G1 like. I'm not sure what everyone wanted, but if he had been too powerful, his defeat wouldn't have been very believable.

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

What was wrong with The Dreads and Brawl? I thought they were badass,sure Brawl could have used a line or two but taking fire from 4 bots before dying is quite an achievment!

9. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Plus, even though he died, he kept his face.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Problem is he never had a badass moment.

The Unicron Trilogy did him waaaaaaay right. As did Animated and Prime. I blame the hideous design. If they gave him the head ROTF Thundercracker had things would have been awesomer.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I believe there was also a Starscream in G1 colors with that head in the toy line. And while I do prefer that head he still wouldn't be Starscream because the personality isn't right. He's more passable as Skywarp the way he fought with the other F-22s in the first movie. Not exactly "warping" but he was very fast and managed to change back and forth between robot and jet to take out each of the human jets one by one in a similar style to how Skywarp would fight.

12. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    It's funny, we are talking about how Starscream was portrayed as a bitch in the films, but in truth, thats really who he is!

Have we not noticed in any TF series that whenever Megatron is not around, Starscream talks a big game. But once his superior is present, its back to groveling and kissing the ground Megatron walks on.

Starscream has always been a straight up ass kisser. I'm rather glad he wasn't as obnoxious as he was in the G1 series where he always had to make a smart ass remark or making stupid decisions that always backfired in his face.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

G1 Starscream was never a kiss up to Megatron's face. In fact he spoke out against Megatron to his face in the first episode... and then got schooled with very little effort from Megatron. G1 Megatron didn't even have to use his full power on Starscream he just wasn't powerful enough to actually fight back.

Armada Starscream was also very open about questioning Megatron's orders and saying he could be a better leader and he's awesome because he was strong enough to believable challenge Megatron.

It just makes sense for Starscream to act loyal to his face when he doesn't have the power to challenge Megatron. If he was more powerful and could actually hold his own in a fight against Megatron then he could believably be more open about his wanting to take over. But he shouldn't be second in command because seriously, who makes the least loyal solider their second in command. BW Megatron had the right idea when making Scorpinok his second in command and not any of the others who all tried to take over at one point or another.

14. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Are you kidding!? Megatron is mind-fucking insane! If Starscream talked back to Megatron he would probably eat Starscream's head.

15. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    While starscream is by no means my favorite decepticon of the movies, I did like how he ended up being executed. (dur hur hur, puns r funneh...)

As far as combat, he really only fought when he knew he'd have the upper hand, otherwise he'd stay far away/above the battlefield.
    Movie 1: swooping in, attacking ironhide and ratchet, then taking off again before they could recover enough to shoot back. Taking out human jets in the air. And then, soon as most of the 'cons are down, he completely abandons the city, flying into space to get backup.
    (never canonically stated that he was among the jets that fired on megatron, so I'll avoid that one...)

Movie 2: Hanging out in the Nemesis, growing hatchlings. Forest Fight, it was a 3-on-1, but as soon as his arm got torn off he kinda stopped trying :p . Egypt: he flew around tons, chased Sam & Mikaela wildly firing missiles!, and never actually showed up on the ground in the main fight, until he shows up to help Megatron and convinces him to retreat.

Movie 3: Hanging out with megatron in africa, comes along for the ride to washington and chicago, sucking up to megatron, blowing up the (defenseless) Xantium, and really only had the "playing with his food" with Sam scene, till he died.

He particularly seemed to enjoy terrorizing humans (Sam especially), taunting them, spitting on them (ugh), smashing stuff around them, but never actually going for the kill when he should have, cuz he was just having too much fun. Of course, until DOTM; he starts doing the usual to Sam, but Sam has the tools to fight back for the first time, and starscream is so shocked and unprepared, he utterly PANICS, and has no idea what to do, flailing around screaming his head off, clawing at his face blindly, until the bomb goes off killing him.
    I really had no issues that a human killed him, cuz it was totally poetic justice against him. You keep toying with helpless victims, eventually they aren't going to be so "helpless".

16. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He had some of the best scenes in jet mode

17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I think Starscream in TF2/3 was pathetic. All he did was grovel, shoot at two idiots some humans and a micro bot and a medium sized bot who couldn't transform because he was transporting humans, grovel, get yelled at for no reason, shoot down a ship and get killed.

18. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

The spitting got on my sister's nerves, too. We were watching it and she was disappointed with how Starscream went out. She just kept ranting about how stupid it was.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Probably. Sad really though when a character is best portayed in their non-robot mode. It's a wonder really that the TFs got robot modes at all. I'm sure Bay would've been much happier if they were just all non-transforming talking sports cars and military toys. :p 

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Heh, he didn't even want them to talk.