Starscream Wars: Yes Model vs. Meteor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tigerkaiser, Aug 22, 2019.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Meteor, and it's not even close. He's not perfect; most figures rarely are, and while I don't mean to dismiss Meteor's negatives (aside from complaints about transformation, as I think he's fairly straightforward and on the easier side) are minor compared to the wonky proportions and poor articulation of MP-11.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Weren't Yes Models MP Seekers the ones that did weird stuff if exposed to water?

• Like Like x 1
  3. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I have KBB Skywarp and I love him so I get it, there is nothing at all wrong with the MP-11 mold(especially an improved KO). There are things about it I actually prefer, as I'm not in love with the toon aesthetic.
    BUT
    20190822_180123.jpg 20190822_175720.jpg 20190822_175348.jpg
    No MP-11 will ever pose like this! Yes this one has KFC hands and an MP-11 head. Yes the stock head is small and the hands look like they belong on Seige Starscream. Yes MP-11 has the better jet mode.

HOWEVER;

The finish on this guy is awesome. The diecast is used perfectly. The articulation is unparalleled(for a seeker). The joint tolerances are perfect(at least on mine), and the materials are great. I've owned most of Maketoys releases at one point or another and in my opinion this is the best figure they have ever produced.

• Like Like x 3
  4. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO **[email protected]!!**

Yea if it was exposed to water it would multiply and you're not suppose to feed it @ night.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Blair Bear Tokyo

Blair Bear Tokyo Well-Known Member

I have Meteor and the 2nd gen official.
    I infinitely prefer the Meteor but he has his flaws. His paint is excellent and the overall look blends perfect next to my MP Megs and Soundwave.

The wings don’t bother me. Who looks at the back?

The hands are awful and seem cheap.

The face is too dark. I swapped it out with a Skywarp alternative.

6. Blair Bear Tokyo

Blair Bear Tokyo Well-Known Member

Did KFC make hands for this figure or are they for another bot?

7. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

They are the KFC MP seeker hands. You just unscrew them from the assembly. Then you have to file them down a bit so the mushroom peg matches up. Took me about 5 minutes each going slow with a jeweler's file.

• Like Like x 1
  8. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

Which ones have been KO’d besides Cupola?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Ironwill

I think they were actually sold the files by MT.

• Like Like x 1
  10. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO **[email protected]!!**

Also the MT Protectobot but it's OverSized.

11. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I like to take pictures in all the angles... hollow wings are horrible, it's like they forgot to finish the figure. The prove is that themselves are selling the wing fillers for all Meteor variations in their original webstore, inclusive the last models where they could include this kit. That's business and increase the costs absurdely... plus if you want change the head and the hands, add emblem decals.... finally Meteor will cost 200$ to you. For me, for that price I prefer to buy a Hot Toys.

Meteor - Wing Fillers

12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've never heard of this, can you share more details?
    The one thing I remember is there was a second company doing KOs of Seekers at the same time as Yes Model, and they were slightly smaller, more brightly colored, but made of crappy material that broke. I believe it was KBB. All their products felt like trash, even though some people overlooked it because they were excited to get a CHUG-sized version of MP-10 from them.

13. kidrobot17

kidrobot17 Active Member

Let me do my talking through pictures.. Ok I cheated and put MP-11’s head, but words cannot do justice to the amazing figure that Meteor is. 8E62D749-F229-47BB-A0A8-FA1272B886DB.jpeg
    6F3E8DB6-CD2F-49C2-A15B-87767810CD8B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    ? Their oversized MP21 Bumblebee was decent. So was their Combiner Wars Megatron (Obsidian and Silver versions that included the DX9 upgrades). And the oversized AoE AD31 Armor Knight Optimus was quite well done, included modification to remove the humongous backpack. No defects in my copies, great quality.

Not sure about their seekers tho, never bought any.

As for Meteor, don't forget the 'choked by Megatron' additional head... even though it is only compatible with their Despotron.

15. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Huh? I don't have any other KBB stuff, but I have all three colors of their little MP-10, and it's far from trash. Diecast, tighter joints, plenty of paint. I wish my actual MP-10 felt half as good.

16. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from either. I had KBB MP-10v and it smoked my Takara MP-10 in quality and especially proportions. I have KBBs MP-11 Skywarp and with the improvements they made the official feels like the KO.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ManelFigures

ManelFigures Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    You can buy both, technically there're two Starscream in the episode 4 :D :D :D :D 

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See this here really should be all you need to see to decide. There’s a few folks who have hated Meteor since day one and for often pretty sketchy reasons. Not at all suprised to see them popping up here. We’re all free to choose what we want but the Meteor haters always gloss over how impressive he is at posing and looking good on the shelf.
    Meteor ain’t perfect but for all his flaws, I have yet to see any iteration of HasTaks mould that can pull off even a fraction of the dynamic posing that Meteor can.
    To me, MP-03/11 and all iterations of that mould are about as dynamic and posable as C3PO.
    And there’s really nothing more to say.

• Like Like x 5
  19. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    There's no accounting for taste, and I'm sure there are more than a few who genuinely gave Meteor a fair shake and for whatever reason still like MP-11. But I have to wonder if at least some people are fixating on Meteor's flaws to justify not upgrading an MP-11 or KO they already have.

20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. So much this. About the best excuse they can come up with is that it’s not enough better to justify the upgrade, which is fine. But I 100% guarantee that if Takara had released Meteor as a Seeker V3 (or 4 or 5 or whatever number they are up to) it would have been met with huge praise, even by those who scorn official. It’s a genuinely clean and sleek design. It absolutely has a few flaws but it’s a truly stunning piece on the shelf.
    I have all three MT seekers and all 3 Takara Seekers and the dynamism is night and day. Takara looks like it has a stick up it’s butt while MT, even in a straight up and down pose, looks sleek.

• Like Like x 4