Starscream vs. Vector Prime 2-pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SkyfireMike, Oct 16, 2005.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:

The one I have seems to have no diffrences. I will check better tomorrow.

2. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    No differences as far as I can tell between the usual Cybertron VP and the two-pack version. There is however a world of difference between the Cybertron and Galaxy Force versions.

For me, that's the problem with the VP in this two-pack. The two Starscreams look different - and very cool - next to each other. Whereas Cybertron Vector Prime just looks like a KO standing beside his Galaxy Force counterpart.

3. Shepp

Shepp Maverick Hunter

Ebay:
    i got mine, and i'm happy with starscream, i already had cybertron vector prime and comparing the one from the vs pack and the stand alone one, the stand alone one is great. the vs pack one's quality is worse than some cheap knock off's i've had. parts distorted, bent, hinges not lined up properly, plastic feels even cheaper, stress lines from just posing, etc.

this version of vector prime was so bad that i was actually surprised that he could hold the sword, have safeguard connect to the ports, or even transform.

so basically, get this set for starscream and starscream only. if you want vector prime as well, go for galaxy force, or even the stand alone cybertron version. they're both vastly superior to this vs set's vector prime.

4. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Interesting. Having no regular issue Cybertron VP to compare it to, I just assumed that the quality was the same.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Starscream

Starscream is downright hot. He looks beautiful (obviously, since he's a War Within homage), and his colors complement each other nicely. The colors also get props for not being G1 Screamer colors. I actually like the fact that my modern Starscream Triad (Armada, Energon, Cybertron) all have different colors.

Articulation is good, but could be slightly better, namely the shoulders. It would be nice if he could look up, but it's not that big of a deal.

One strange thing I noticed is that his Key slot is unusually tight. The Cyber Key slides nice and easy into other figures, but Starscream takes a little force to get it in.

Vector Prime

Vector Prime makes me sad. He's a great toy, but he's hampered by a very obvious flaw.

That flaw is his colors. The white and brown clash too much, and the former makes the gold appear too dark. I don't give a damn about his missing paint apps, I just wish Hasbro could have made him gray like Takara.

However, he is a solid toy. Great articulation and a moderate transformation. Plus he has some good gimmicks. Safeguard is a great Mini-Con, and the sound effects aren't terrible.

But GAH! The white and brown! I might need to buy some silver paint that can hold up to transforming and being played with.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Yeah they should have recolored VP instead of Starscream, or if they are going with the Color scheme they have for Starscream he should have been Thrust, It's kinda like the lame colors on the Universe "Ramjet" and calling it Ramjet even the colors are not even close to what they are supposed to be.

Me I am not even collecting Cybertron as a whole, and I would have gotten this set for a normal sized Starscream but Hasbro blew that one so It's Importing for me. Good Job Guys :stick: 

Good Idea: Last years Prime/Megatron 2 pack (No major color changes and 2 figures we did not have here)

Bad Idea: This pack (a figure that is warming shelves and a figure we do not have here but the hose it with the wrong bloody paint scheme) :banghead: 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I didn't mean to resurrect a zombie thread, but after five months of resiting this set, I finally picked it up last night, obviously solely for Starscream.

Both Starscream Mold have their advantages....I do like the compact smaller version not being as (naturally) cumbersome to transform as the Sumpreme version, but I do like the look of a huge SS and shuttle craft, as well as the sweet crown, and the rotating cannons are better as well. The main draw to the Mega-sized Srceamer was the dual swords...the Supreme one, IMO, should have had two remolded blasters, but the swords look great on the smaller version.

I also like the Thrust-like color scheme because, as others put it, it doesn't look identical to all the other ones out there.

The mold is great, poseable and fun. I'd definitely give it a B+...This is one of the rare molds I'd buy multiples of, definitely in the other six seekers' colors, especially Skywarp. Too bad it won't happen.

*edit: Oh yeah I've been wanting to try to mod Vector Prime into Alpha Trion, so that was a little incentive to get the extra VP*

8. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    But except for the colours of the voyager screamer, it's now cartoon accurate. He had two swords at the voyager size, but when he grew, he got the massive cannon on his left arm instead, (which I think had something to do with it getting bitten off), which is reflected correctly in the supreme toy.

9. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Thats cool, but I don't watch the show so show-accuracy isn't an issue with me:) 

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm surprised you could still find this set on the shelf. Minnesota TRUs have been sold out for months. Does your TRU still have some more?

11. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    There were two left when I bought mine. The TRU here keeps things on the shelf for MONTHS. in fact, a little while ago thy still had some of the Energon Combiner limbs on the racks with the Cybertron stuff :rolleyes: 

12. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is the Universe Dirge recolor of Starscream compared to the Thrust colored Starscream.

IMG_20220805_195730743.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up a used version of the original Japanese Starscream mold. Great toy although it was suffering from severe yellowing from display.

IMG_20230802_221809727.jpg IMG_20230802_221743496.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I hope they do this mold in Legacy, i want one :D  I only have the legends toy. This, Armada and G1 are my favorites.

15. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought I read a leak that this figure was indeed coming in Legacy. I still have the Thrust-colored version from this set and its a great piece. I have the Dirge one too but customized it into one of the Targetmasters I think.