starscream reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by VigilanteX9, Mar 26, 2008.

1. VigilanteX9

VigilanteX9 that guy...

ok, so i've don't have a g1 starscream in my collection so i'm interested in one but i kno there's a like a million different reissues. Which is the best one out of all them?

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I have the Hasbro Commemorative series one, and he looks pretty good. The only problem I noticed was in the wing department. The pegs are kinda long and they stick out from the body in jet mode. But if you display in robot mode and fold the wings back, that is not a problem any more....

3. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i have the commemorative and encore and both are nice choices

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    prbly either Masterpiece or Classics, though my brother loves his masterpiece starscream

5. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the early takara '22' reissue in vintage type box has a couple of issues re arm tightness. quite cheap on ebay, around retail price.

the collection version (collection #9) has those issues fixed but this version has the 'anime' colours a bit different to G1. he also has the remoulded hands to fit the little megatron gun that comes with it AND the optimus hand that can also hold the gun!. very pricey on ebay, 2 versions with/without DVD, one with DVD can be over $100!

Ive not opened encore version which i expect to be very close to collection although he has the G1 colours but without the megatron, special hand.

The hasbro commemorative version I guess is like my hasbro version skywarp and thundercracker, the cockpit/chest is quite loose in the fuselage frame and the rotating sockets for the wings are also quite loose.

the nice thing about the hasbro versions though is that I feel the long missiles (well, one of the sets at least) look better than the shorter original types, they give the toy a more dynamic look.

If the encore version is as well made as the collection version then that is my recommendation as its got the original colour scheme and nice G1 box, about the same price as the first '22' version. If you prefer a western language box then the commemorative version could work although it could have the looseness issues i mentioned.

also there are differences in sticker/tampos depending on which versions. overall though they all look neat, i suspect only the original takara '22' version has looseness that might be bothersome.

6. Autobot Meister

Autobot Meister Well-Known Member

I started a thread on this the other day, you may want to check it out. I think its on page 2 now.