Starscream Joins The Cast Of Skybound’s TRANSFORMERS Comic!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inner-Demon, Jun 26, 2023.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Never say never

2. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    I think the debate happened because the comic is top "sunbow" for some.
    So technically it's on topic....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hahli

Hahli Well-Known Member

Flip-Sides appearing in something and being like an actual important character would be so cool to see!
    She's such an interesting character to me and I think it's a shame that not much has been done with her

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

I think the FIBRIR debate happened because there’s no actual story hook for us to talk about. In a way that seems weirder if this writer is only doing one TPB worth, because you’d expect that means a single story in mind. But it’s also pretty early.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Hockeymask

Hockeymask Well-Known Member

What “people”? Do you speak for the vast majority? Do you have sales charts and survey proof that there isn’t just as large if not larger portion of the comic buying and transformers fans that don’t want anything to do with IDW and are happy for this new direction?

Feel free to speak your opinion as that is your right, but don’t shit on a new direction as if you speak for the vast majority of people.

If such a large portion still loved IDW the sales would be there and they’d still have the license. Vocal online support from a few doesn’t mean sales.

Enjoy what you had and give other artists and fans of their work a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there might be some confusion here. I've been supportive of this back to basics G1 approach.

I was speaking about the fans in this thread who are bored of the Sunbow/G1 heavy direction and want peak IDW all over again. I was noting that even IDW started out with G1 and took awhile to get to random mixes of characters both popular and obscure.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Whoa whoa I don’t care for the Sunbow heavy influence, but I don’t want IDW over again by any means. I just wanted a better mix of characters and not so slavishly Sunbow accurate. I’m looking forward to whatever stories they want to tell.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sunbow Prime

Sunbow Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They gave the sonic powers to Soundwave in the cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    And, let's be clear, while IDW certainly did start off (and, IMHO, continued to be) a mostly-G1 continuity, it really can't be said to have been heavily Sunbow-based in the beginning, especially with those EJ Su desgins.

• Like Like x 2
  11. beyhnji

beyhnji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like that he isn't doing anything in the vein of IDW and is using sunbow as a source. Personally I wouldn't mind if they went the way of the TMNT Saturday Morning Adventures comics where they occasionally make issues meant to be set in continuity with the original cartoon.

I did really enjoy about 50% of the IDW 1.0 story, but am satisfied with it and don't want other writers trying to emulate Roberts or Barber. I think IDW 2.0 was too committed to trying to recreate the 1.0 magic of escalating obscure characters. That error shouldn't be repeated. So yes, very excited about everything hinted at with the new run.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Drakimusprime

Drakimusprime Well-Known Member

Update on matt... He has been dealing with this though time like a trooper and I want to say that he is going to live! We are very happy and proud of him and he is doing better.

• Like Like x 4
  13. firelancer120

firelancer120 Well-Known Member

Love how he basically has said fuck you to all you g1 haters who think michael bay made or did anything good to the tf franchise. His first movie is the only one that can be considered a "savior" after that they are garbage.and the CARTOON and comics saved the series not bayverse. "Bumblebeesynergy" glad he called it out to. Its not the fucking movie. They are gping to the roots ei the True transformers. What they were and what the movies are claimed to be based on. The only people sauing boring are the same people who think dotm optimus is the true representation of the character.

14. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    LFG!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

Actually, from what I can tell, most people tired of G1 aren't big fans of the bay films either. They're fans of Beast Wars or The Unicron Trilogy or Animated or Prime.

There's as a TON of Transformers outside of "G1" and the live action films.

• Like Like x 6
  16. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Sure, but the only franchise with legs is Beast Wars (and that even was retroactively connected to G1). Skybound isn't gonna relaunch the comics with Unicron Trilogy stuff or Animated or RiD. Prime has come and gone. I'm guessing they want to let Earthspark be it's own thing. The main franchises, for better or worse, are G1, Beast Wars to a lesser extent and the movie stuff. Realistically, if they wanted to reach the most people in theory, that would mean doing a movie comic, but there are probably Byzantine licensing considerations, there.

G1 is a safe save point to start a fresh from. We already know it isn't going to be "pure" G1 and it's connected to GI Joe more strongly than previous incarnations.

• Like Like x 4
  17. UndeadScottsman

UndeadScottsman Ain't afraid of no Bad Spark.

I was trying to correct a misconception, not pitch a comic. (I'd probably pitch a brand new continuity than trying to revisit a prior one, if I were pitching something, but I'm not.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hockeymask

Hockeymask Well-Known Member

Haha my apologies. It was a long day, and my brain didn't connect the dots until you did it for me here!

• Like Like x 1
  19. beyhnji

beyhnji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think Hasbro's character decisions in the Legacy toyline are their method of polling to see what parts of transformers history have interest. If an item sells well, that's the market telling Hasbro that people are generally interested in that series. Toys that reference G1 and it's peripheral always sell very well, so G1 stays relevant. The extent to which people bought siege hotshot is the extent to which people want to see more stuff related to Unicron Trilogy, media included. If the Armada toy remakes sell out, we might get an Armada comic limited series, I'd like to think. But they may wait for the 25th anniversary or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That reminds me. Hasbro had a strong influence on IDW in the later years (and Marvel back in the day) to showcase the new toys on the shelves. I wonder if they’ll do the same here? It doesn’t look like it based on the promo images, but that could change.