Starscream in the Movie-Comics (Before ROTF/DOTM came out and ruined his character)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mixed Lovers, Jun 6, 2012.

1. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    People need to read Reign of Starscream ;

His character portrayal in TF1 showed us the foundation of his movie-verse persona through his ACTIONS.

In Reign of Starscream this specific persona is factually confirmed through his THOUGHTS & WORDS.

So, indeed...RoS proves the TF1 script depicted the movie verse Starscream as one that can stand on his own merits, something to make him unique from G1 and all other TF continuities.

Then since ROTF, the movie scriptwriters ( thanks to fan pressure ) decided to make his persona & actions more G1 alike...but eventually this worked out pretty half-assed and it clashes to a great deal with what had been established in TF1 and RoS.

2. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Thats why you shouldn't cave to fan base bitching. TF1 Starscream's only problem was that heavily synthesized voice. If it was just Adler's natural voice on that character then I'd be so happy.

3. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Lol, I like the way Starscream was portrayed in all of the movies. Very powerfull (he took out Ironhide with a single shot), but he is his own worst enemy. I dont think Starscream needs to be a traitor necessarily.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Yeah, the voice that Adler used for Cobra Commander in both Renegades and Resolute would be perfect for him.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Here we go again.

Why do I even bother to post in threads like these?

6. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Im not having that discussion here, but Starscream was flying in formation with the jets that fired on Megatron. It would seem he would fire on Megatron, as flying in formation with them serves no other purpose.
    Fine, but thats inconsistent with the movie. The jets fire on Megs before the cube incident.

Also, people have no remembrance of Starscream. Even in G1, he held his own, at various times he was the toughest and at times the weakest. Like all the Decepticons. His defining traits were arrogance, disloyalty AND cowardice. I dont know how people forget this amd think hes just a scared bot.

At any rate, as has been stated before, almost all the movie Cons were one note shells, Megatron was even made a pansy coward. Starscream wasnt the only major Con wasted... All four major Cons were wasted and used terribly.

7. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

Surely it should be;

NEST > Barricade and a Protoform > Que > Starscream

But then we could carry that on with;

Optimus Prime > Megatron > Optimus Prime > Demolishor > NEST > Barricade and a Protoform > Que > Starscream.

There should be a thread for this

8. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

While I admit that the first movie didn't have much to go by, what was there was a hell of a lot more appealing to me than what he became in RotF and DotM.

Though I haven't read the Reign of Starscream in a very long time, or Ghosts of Yesterday, or even played the first movie game for several years now, what I do remember well, is that those medias gave Movie 1 Starscream a personality that I fell in love with and he soon became my favorite character.

I never liked G1 Starscream for anything other than an amusing idiot. Movie Starscream was his own character, simply borrowing the familiar position of his predecessor.

What is great about the unique position Starscream has in every continuity, is that you can easily change up a few ways it is portrayed so that you have a new feel with a similar background.

None of the characters in the movies were identical to their G1 counterparts, and the same should have stayed true for Starscream, but instead, the fans bitched and we got a bastardized interpretation of him in RotF that was not respectable to either Movie 1 or G1. It was a pathetic disgrace to the character and I was extremely embarrassed and ashamed to call him my favorite character, after those degrading displays in the latter two movies.

While RotF was tolerable, what they did to him in DotM, especially with his death (and it had nothing to do with Sam being the one to take him out) completely ruined any enjoyment I could have with that movie. Screaming and frantically jumping around like an idiot. Scraping his face along the ground in a failed attempt to remove the bomb. It was disgusting. The only character who had it worse in that movie was Megatron himself. Absolutely ridiculous and disrespectful to the characters.

While I preferred his voice in the first movie, his voice in the last two would have been completely fine if his personality hadn't been ruined. One should not mistake a voice change with a personality change; someone can still come off as a strong respectable interesting character, without having a serious deep voice. It's in how a character carries themselves, their mannerisms.

In RotF and DotM he carried himself like a beaten slave who graveled at his master like a sick little puppy; the line between doing so out of respect for his master, or simply so he wouldn't be beaten in the future, was extremely blurred.

It is obvious the writers, more specifically, Micheal Bay either interpreted the character of G1 Starscream horribly wrong, or did it intentionally as a joke and insult to the fans and the character. I cannot take anyone seriously when their opinion is that the final two movies were a perfect representation of any Starscream of the past.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    What was worse was how little dialogue he got.

"I live to serve you Lord Megatron"

"The humans have taken it"

That's it. Yes he was competant but he had little personality.

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    That's the one thing I wish they could've kept for Starscream in the later films. I missed the synthesization on his voice. Him not having it in ROTF and DOTM made him seem a little more human, and I think keeping the synthesized voice would've added a layer of malevolence and aggression that having a normal voice lost.

11. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Again theres nothing that suggest Starscream shoot Megatron in the film, something could had happened after the jet attack and before megs got shoot,

Bob Orci even refused to awnser if Starscream shoot megatron

12. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Of course they don't. It's about what makes things unique. Starscream was crap in ROTF and DOTM because he was reverted to a REALLY SUBSERVIENT role. Most of the time he shows up, he's there to remind ppl he's still there, and to move the plot along and nothing more.

Best argument yet !!!! I salute you !

Wait. The fans actually pressured them to revert Starscream back to his roots ?! Jesus, this is like naming the Predacon ship in Beast Wars to "Darksyde" because the fans demanded it.

Word. Everyone was pretty much wasted.

AH, this is perfect !

All this is because ppl in power have no sense of vision and grandeur. I'd prefer Armada Starscream to be Movie Starscream any day. Or maybe this bastardization you speak of is maybe the staff's way of saying "f*** you !" to the more ..... passionate G1 fans

I think they just wanted to see a fan fight. Heck, thats what i'd do if i had to go up against a rabid fan

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

And seriously people, Movie-SS is pretty damn skilled in air-combat. Took down the Xanthium wiped out all air troops sent to Chicago. He is a wuss on the ground, on the air, run the fuck away.

14. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    Ohhh, and Overlord B joins the fray. How are you of late ?

Starscream being skilled in air combat is granted, otherwise he'd probably be dead a long time ago. But taking down a ship like Xantium, unless it's some sort of F grade cargo ship, would have been something expected from Megatron. Starscream really doesn't look like he packs that kind of firepower.

Wuss on the ground, yea he is; Reign of Starscream continuity not withstanding. But really, we haven't seen him long enough to really judge since Movie 1.

15. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Bitching in a new dimension: The transformers community!

16. ARCTrooperAlpha

Ebay:
    so who's forming the head, legs, arms, and torso ? : P

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally I liked Starscream in the Movies overall, I mean yeah he was more of a kiss ass then a back stabber, but still I thought he was pretty cool in the movies.

I wish he got at least one Transformer kill though.