Star Wars Transformers - Vader + Grevious

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by rattrap007, Dec 28, 2005.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I may try Boba, but that is it.. No other one (except Jango) remotely interests me..

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally got to pick up one of these. Vader.

Well...it's -almost- good. My first big disappointment was that the TIE wings literally pop off and then get re-plugged in.

And yeah, if -at least- his shoulders could raise, the robot mode'd be WAY better. Still, not bad, in the right poses.

However, I'm kinda miffed at how you sorta have to cram tiny Vader into the cockpit, in vehicle mode.

But! The vehicle mode is NICE, and the robot mode ain't that bad for a design team's first try (assuming this is the SW team, NOT the Transformers team).

3. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SWTF Vader and Grevious... a second look..

Last year when I found Grevious and Vader i got them and was not happy with them as you may recall. Gave Vader a C and Grevious an F. Well then i got Anakin.. Loved it. I ended up getting Maul and Boba Fett too. Then I picked up Luke. Well i got Vader again a few weeks ago and just picked up grevious once again today to give it another try.

Well Vader is the same in my opinion. Mediocre figure. Nothing fantastic like Anakin, nor is it pure crap. Both Modes are nice, just a little simplistic. Still gets a C overall.

Gevious... Well my opinion has made a huge 180 on him. I guess my first figure was poor quality because this one is nice! Good strong joints. And his arms didn't fall apart. I'll have to look for the thread about his back wheel. Anyway i can't wait to stand him up when i get home. This one could easily hold his own weight. I give him an A-.

Might as well review the others (short and sweet) too while I am at it...

Luke - Mediocre figure.. Wings don't look right in X position. Robot mode is ok. Overall a C.

Anakin - Best of the bunch IMO. Looks like Hot Shot and has a robotic feel to him. Great mold for kit bashing and repaints. just needs pins removed and waist sides filed down. An A for him.

Maul - Another great mold. Good articulation and looks great. Just remove the wrist pins. An A.

Boba - Not the best, but still kick ass. I just like him. I give him a B+.

Now all i need is Obi Wan and i own them all...