Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Omegashark18, Jul 13, 2020.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    When they started showing that Palpatine had taken cloning tech and wanted to control the cloning process, I really hoped we learned, or even hinted, that Palpatine wanted a clone of himself in case his current body died. The zilo beast is a nice second option. :) 

2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Gasp, the Zillo Beast WAS going to be Sidious' next body....

• Like Like x 1
  3. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Thought episode 10 was solid, but this past week's was amazing.

This season has zero middle ground between light-on-character filler and top-grade installments :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I’d say this another win for this season. The visuals alone… that snow.

Seems like Crosshairs might wind up getting rescued by his old squad at this point.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SmokeyPrime

That lived up to the hype - best episode of the series.

We've only 4 eps left including a 2-parter finale, which suggests that everything left in the season will only be plot, no filler. After the ending to today's. I'm very excited for how it ends.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autoboticon

Always spooky and crazy to see how much, time and time again, Palpy had everything in place just waiting for the right moment.

Really makes people not question the Emperor's ways at the beginning because to the average joe, it would just look like the Empire was working hard to get fast and resolute results for galactic betterment.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I'm still pretty down on this show overall, but this episode was fantastic, even far beyond the season's previous high point.

The show is probably not willing to say it directly, but it's very clear that the Empire's plan for the clones is to essentially liquidate them by milking them of their rapidly-dwindling utility until they all die - in other words, genocide, and a scarily realistic form of genocide, at that. They can't just kill them all Geonosian-style for a variety of reasons (public scrutiny and the fact that they are still of limited use), so they do this, instead. What's worse is that it's a genocide that the Empire will never be directly held accountable for, and one that will likely never be properly recognized. The Senate and public only care about the fate of the clones on paper; now that the Empire is guaranteeing that they will be taken care of, no one will care enough to investigate. On top of that, the Empire can just use the "advanced aging" explanation if anyone wonders why there aren't any clones around in a few years (though we know from Rex that clones may still have some 20-30 more years of natural life).

It makes the brief scene towards the beginning, with the three clones being led to "retirement," probably the most chilling bit of the show so far. From a narrative standpoint it's also just excellent. The fact that it's shown in passing as a conversation idly observed by Crosshair - it never directly comes up again, but it's clear that at the end of the episode, Crosshair is thinking back to that conversation and now understands what "retirement" means for all the clones.

I'm not sure if I like where the show might be going, though. I presume Crosshair is going to be brainwashed a la Clone X (which would ultimately just be a repeat of the inhibitor chip thing), or he's going to be further "modified" in some way. I would've liked to see Crosshair get a chance to properly go rogue, though I suppose that's not out of the question.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Autoboticon

A lot of the canon beforehand, about Clones being phased out during the Empire pretty much led to suicide missions or as we've seen with Mayday, stuck on a planet with limited supplies and no support.

I'm sure the forced retirement clone trio's fates is more so what we've seen in Kenobi. They'll be on the streets and will die with nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

Loved how in both the Mandalorian and Bad Batch that a stuck in their way character is finally seeing that their logic may be faulty. Great episode of both shows.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Bad Batch remains on a roll, and with a streak of about four-five episodes that were actually good, I am cautiously optimistic that yes, finally, the show is regularly good.

So much to say. The vultures circling overhead. The Empire not giving one shit about any of the clones. Crosshair desperate to be somebody’s comrade in arms again. Mayday pulling out the famous quote. The terrific climax.

Finally,
    Crosshair may just truly realize what it means to be expendable. Let’s hope it sticks this time. I think ultimately he and the rest of the Batch will join Rex’s underground clone network.
    I’m wondering just where we’re going from here.

Thank you, Bad Batch. And that’s a sentence I didn’t think I’d get to say this much.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    > has given up on this show
    > sees a bunch of episodes getting high praise

I dunno if I'm quite ready to become a regular viewer again, but these last two episodes, the two-parter, and the earlier Crosshairs episode have been the kind of episodes I've been wanting to see from this series. Here's hoping this trend continues.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Autoboticon

So they finally cut ties with Cid, Phee was actually enjoyable to see and the Bad Batch seems to have found a place where they belong.

Next episode is called Tipping Point so that isn't lasting long. Thinking Cid points the Empire to them and then they'll have to run to Rex.

Which then all goes into the two part finale where hopefully we see a clone rebellion.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Mandalorian was garbage today and Bad Batch was terrific. What planet am I on?

Wanda Sykes still sounds just so low energy but I was shocked to see her come into her own as a decently likable character. Pabbu was, well, gorgeous, as per usual for the show. Looked like a Ghibli town. The whole episode was them vibing until the climax, and I have to say, as someone who was a child watching the news when the 2004 tsunami hit, the sea surge was actually genuinely intimidating. It’s so rare we see a natural disaster in Star Wars.

Really felt like I was watching magic watching the crew have dinner, and Omega at sea, kinda like I did watching Omega with young Hera last season.

Even with the more epic climax, if I know my Filoni, things are about to get REALLY fucking dark if they were this peaceful most of this episode.

• Like Like x 6
  14. SmokeyPrime

Couldn't compete with the past two weeks, but I still really liked this one. It wasn't meaningless filler - the Batch got to see what a peaceful life would be like & they have it potentially in reach now (theoretically, it obviously won't work out yet), and Omega got to play with someone her own age.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Heh, if Crosshair doesn’t die, I imagine he’ll stick around with the crew on their new sanctuary.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Normally I'm quite good at recognizing voices, but it took until the credits to recognize Boulder from Rescue Bots was Shep. Fail for me.

This was a good 'disaster movie' kind of episode, which we've seen throughout the entire Filoni-verse, where the plot homages a genre or movie of old. However, I said it a lot in person to my friends but probably not here, the fact that all of the best episodes of this season (obviously IMHO) haven't had the batch featured in it is quite telling.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

This was a nice episode that deviated from the norm of the crew performing odd jobs for Cid and putting up with her crap, but I wonder where they go from here. Sykes' character mentioned that it wouldn't be good to double-cross her, but it's not betrayal, it's just the batch walking away from her BS.

It was good to see everyone relax and enjoy themselves for a change, but ultimately, the Empire will have to show up eventually because there's no such thing as a happy ending in Star Wars. Maybe that island has seismic activity because it's a dormant volcano that has become active and the Batch will need to evacuate the entire town. We'll see...

• Like Like x 3
  18. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pretty good episode today, it was nice to see what Echo has gotten up to...

The big question is "Can they trust *********, or is this another trap?"

Also, what happened to the Az droid? Did they just leave him at Cid's?

19. Autoboticon

Ya they left AZ at Cid's

It was great seeing Rex and Echo's squad, interesting that Cody isn't with them so where is he?

I really like the new ship model introduced, hopefully it gets a name soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Another great episode. Animation remains top notch, those opening shots looked real as shit.

Loved all the characters in this one (lol only one actor playing most of them). Hemlock is creepy, much creepier than before. Tech again feels like an actual character now. It was great to see the boys to the rescue in the opening, and how much stormtroopers suck :lol 

Everything with Crosshair was great, really powerful that he only stunned her.

Bad Batch is, yeah, finally consistently good.

• Like Like x 4