Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MetalicGrunt, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly, if I had a cool cousin who'd take me to VIP Star Wars premieres complete with table service then I'D be posting about it a lot too, lol.

2. gregles

gregles quintesson

Just a quick question to people if you had to say a number out of ten as to how hyped you was for this movie what number would you give.

I'm wondering as it seemed like the insanely high expectations heaped on the force awakened actually damaged its reception slightly and wondering how much folks are expecting from this movie.

The fact this movie is a prequel and only a year after the last Star Wars movie has taken the pressure off of this movie for me so I'm expecting it to be a 7 or 8 out of 10 kind of movie and hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised if it exceeds this.

3. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I just let a movie be whatever it wants to be and decide how I feel about while it's happening and afterward rather than letting premature and biased hype/critics/bandwagons/whatever dictate my opinion for me.

That said, I was hyped ALL ON MY OWN like 11 BILLION OUT OF 10 for Ep. VII and it TOTALLY delivered so NO WORRIES here.

\m/

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Even though I'm a massive Star Wars geek, I'll go into it just like I do for every movie. When I watch any movie, I want it to be great (I mean who wants to waste their time with a bad movie?), and I give it a chance to be better than I was expecting if I don't think I'll like it. If I'm really hyped for a movie (such as this one), I temper my expectations so I don't exaggerate my immediate review of it to be the best or worst thing ever. With this movie, I want it to be a 10/10, but I'll be satisfied if it's at least a 7.5 or 8, and that's my baseline. I'm expecting an entertaining movie with cool action scenes, and I will let the movie's story and characters prove themselves.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    He is the biggest Star Wars fan out of my entire family. Even though I have other Cousins who are Star Wars fans, he is the biggest.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I'm pretty hyped -- like an 8 or 9 out of 10. This looks a lot better than TFA, to me, in both the overall tone of the movie, and how closely it's tied to ANH. That said, if I come out of Rogue One feeling meh, or eventually realizing that it wasn't that good, like I did with TFA, then it will probably affect how hyped I am for the future SW movies...

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    See I keep thinking this movie has the potential to be better than ESB, but all the stuff surrounding production makes me dial back that expectation. Gonna look damn good though.

Managed to get three IMAX tickets for the 7 PM Thursday showing and then one ticket for the 9:30 AM IMAX Friday showing.

8. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Well good for him I guess.

9. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

10/10 on my hype. It's Star Wars after all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    On my end, Rogue One is not selling as well as Force Awakens.

11. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Like 2 or 3 out of 10. It's the OT era after all. :thumbdown 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I'm certainly hoping for the best -- something close to ESB would be great, but yeah, gotta temper those expectations a bit.

I'm still not certain if I'm going to see it opening weekend or the following weekend.

14. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh wow that Queue-It was rough. Wish I had realized the "loading items..." page on Alamo Drafthouse's app could be bypassed by just hitting "Continue" 40 minutes sooner rather than waiting in line on the site while I watched the seats I wanted most sell.

But at least I got seats eventually for Saturday. Was gunning for Friday, but those were too picked over and Saturday still wide open for a while.

15. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tickets selling out. Just like last year.

16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I got a 2D IMAX 70mm ticket, reserved seating 2nd to last row in the middle. Perfect.

17. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Ooohhh, 70mm...gotta see one of those! The Hateful Eight was AMAZING in 70mm, I'd LOVE to see a Star Wars movie like that.

What's so great about sitting in the very BACK of the theater, though? Chronic diarrhea or something?

Anyway, I actually got THREE tickets last night. I was so panicked because every ticket site I was trying wasn't working that I snapped up the first one I finally got ahold of for 7 pm Thurs. showing that I bought the damned thing without realizing it was for a different theater 400 miles away from where I finally got the other two tickets later, lol.

D'oh!

I guess I have an early X-Mas present for whoever I know in that area who's free that night, fwiw.

>_>

18. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I'm gonna see it in Imax on release day... IN COSTUME! Cosplayers unite!

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Wish I could go to a Star Wars Movie in costume. But all my Star Wars Costumes are wrecked or they don't fit. So far, I'm just going to put on my Bounty Hunter sweatshirt, like the last Star Wars movie.

Double checked the theatre Me and my cousin are going to. There are literally only 4 seats left. Boy, Rogue one is not at big as the Force Awakens.

20. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I'm just gonna wear my stormtrooper helmet and throw on a "My name is....Gary" tag. See if anyone gets it. Don't feel like bringing my saber.