Star Wars: Rogue One (2016)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MetalicGrunt, Mar 12, 2015.

1. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Suicide Squad: An Unnecessary Star Wars Story

• Like Like x 1
  3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    ^ Perfect. Hit EVERY point that I had issues to the degree that I could have almost made this one.

"ZOMG new Star Wars!!" or not... it just wasn't a good movie.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Pretty meh honestly. Yeah yeah we get it, Tarkin and Leia sucked, Vader's pun, fanboying over Vader's rampage, pretty low fruit to grab honestly. Which is what HT can be kinda guilty of at times, grabbing low fruit. Like that time in the Ghostbusters 2016 when they knocked a running gag for being... well, a running gag I guess? Meh. Off topic. But anyway, even though I have legit gripes about Rogue One I still didn't feel satisfied by HT this time. Still better than that awful TFA one they did. The HISHE was loads better.

Did like how they pointed out the most heroic thing Cassian does is when he doesn't kill somebody :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  5. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I hate to say it, but i agree. I used to like Screen Junkies a lot but i feel like their channel has as of late become more...corporate? Like it seems like since they're a full blown company now they're playing it really safe to avoid pissing off anyone and just regurgitating the same jokes and points everyone on the Internet has already made. Like between both the Honest Trailers and Movie Fights, as well as that other channel they have that is comprised almost entirely of clickbait movie news, it seems like now they're just being run by a bunch of executives who want to appeal only to the mass audiences, as opposed to people who actually like and care about movies. I'm sure they're all nice people who care and there're still plenty of people there that i like, but i guess what I'm saying is that they've lost most of what made them appealing to me, and that's unfortunate.

If i wanted to watch crticisms of Rogue One (a movie i still like btw) from people who actually are funny and who know what they're talking about, I'd watch RedLetterMedia.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Yeah and all those 1 hour long videos. I haven't watched a single video since they are this long. 10 or 20 minute videos are ok. But watching people for an hour just talking?

7. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I mean, there wouldn't be a problem with an hour long discussion, if the discussion was actually interesting and of a topic that warranted discussion. Most of those long videos are just either mindless speculation or people arguing over the most trivial things.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rouge One. :lol 

9. Chopperface

News Credits:
    Okay yeah that was great. :lol 

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Normally, I'm not the biggest fan of Honest Trailers because some of their jokes and jabs are low blows and rather unfunny. When they do have a winner on their hands, I'll give them credit where credit's due.

On this one, credit's due. This was not only blisteringly honest, but it was hilarious. I tip my hat to them, it was solid.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Kinda digging up a dinosaur here, but, anyone else disappointed in the lack of importance and screen time the alien characters got in this film?

Talking about Two-Tubes, Moroff, Pao and Bistan.

Especially Moroff who was made from the concept character Senna which would have taken Baze's place with a small cat-lemur-like alien named Lunak. The two would have been a duo of a mercenary and a thief. But in the end Moroff , even to be shown on Scariff, was cut to just walking and being a background character on Jedha, more or less the same for Two-Tubes who got some lines like his brother but killed off with Moroff.

Even Pao and Bistan who were showcased in the posters and promos as being big were reduced to seconds of screentime in the battle.

I feel like they could've made these characters the secondary main crew of Rogue One, they could've been more on the front line while the team in the film was more inside the base.

Though i mean that's the process of making a movie, things become either too much or obsolete. Would've been cool if the movie was long enough to give these characters proper screen time is all.

12. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I liked it! Always nice to have a blast of fresh air and positivity from Cinema Wins. Also nice that he goes on a little tangent at the end while still remaining positive.

14. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I wonder if the video uploader is on this message board?

• Like Like x 1
  15. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

For some reason, last year was a year in which I struggled to see the movies I wanted. We did see the Harry Potter spin-off, but Star Trek Beyond was in theaters when I was due to work, only home in the weekends (and completely beat). That one I missed. Star Wars the Force Awakens we did manage, but only in the last week. And Rogue One....yeah, missed that one as well. Perhaps in part because both my GF as well as myself, felt really let down by TFA (nice little popcorn movie: don't think about it and just enjoy the pretty pictures).

With Rogue One finally out I had to watch it. And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yes, some of the characterisation left me a bit wanting, but there were still fun to watch.

And yes, basically it's a story that shouldn't have been told. All we needed to know, we already knew through the ANH opening crawl. And yet, this felt to me a more substantial addition to the SW mythos than TFA. It really was a new story, new characters and we saw an element of the Rebellion we had not seen previously. Rebels who even in victory really lost and died (no escape at the end for our main characters) and rebels who showed the gritty and violently dark side of the rebellion.

I liked this SW movie. It gave me hope for future SW movies. (Hopefully one of those will be a Kenobi movie.)

17. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Yep. A lot of OT fans wanted more OT stuff, this was it. Original Trilogy time period, with a big battle with OT ships. The addition of Gold and Red Leaders were brilliant, and made my jaw drop. I went into this movie with no spoilers.

• Like Like x 1