Star Wars: Resistance

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by User_93049, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Wow, I thought for a split second that was Carrie herself somehow.

2. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

cool new droid design.

[​IMG]

3. ShinGi

ShinGi Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Tactical Droids

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Hmm... probably need to leave the Dreamworks animation style for Voltron.

5. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fun times were had at Lucasfilm today. Matt Martin, Creative Executive Producer of the LFL story group and LFL employee since TCW liked my Darksaber
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Spoiler free, I can say the show is very focused on character development and is a loose serial. Kaz is a bumbling idiot at the moment who is way out of his league, but that's because of how he was raised: Kazudo never got to do what he wanted, he was forced to join the New Republic Navy and was entered into the Flight Academy all because to his father, a senator for the Republic who thought he knew what was best for his son. All Kaz wants to do is be a racer, not a soldier- and much less a spy, but if doing this will protect his Republic, he's gonna do his best. Just.... not as well as he'd hope.

Show is indeed set at 5-6 months prior to The Force Awakens, and I can say that the 22 episode season will likely have its season finale as Starkiller Base hits, and the season 2 premiere will be dealing with the First Order sending its ships out to subjugate the galaxy (as seen in the Poe Dameron comic that just finished its run) while the core of the fleet chases the last threads of the Resistance as seen in Last Jedi.

Also, had a fun talk with the writers and creative team of the show. They all cited how they were big fans of Macross and Gundam in the 80s and sought to have a series focused on pilots with lots of character growth, which inevitably led to someone asking during the Q&A "when can we see transforming ships?" and they went on talking how the CIS had Droid starfighters that turned into walkers, but they wanted a ship that turned into a B1 battle droid that stomped all over the platform lol

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well seeing the post above my post that star wars resistance starts oct 7th. I'lll watch the first episode to see if it's any good. If it starts out bad you can forget me watching it. I loved the clone wars look and rebels look. Just need to buy those series on dvd/blu-ray asapasap before their gone forever.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Chopperface

News Credits:
    That’s cool to hear, after Rebels slow-burn built up the completion of the Death Star, that we’ll get something similar here, only it’ll actually happen.

• Like Like x 1
  8. User_93049

News Credits:

Disney show made by Polygon Pictures, main character is a mechanic who's going against evil military, racing is a side aspect, cell-shaded 3D animation cool vehicles, Elijah Wood appears in some fashion....

wait, is this Tron: Uprising?

• Like Like x 2
  9. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

I don't think that's necessarily a good form of measure when it comes to recent Star Wars shows. TCW started off with that awful movie and a first season with some pretty rough episodes. Rebels started off with those shorts, low asset count and as with TCW, some rough early episodes. So far Resistance has the benefit of some much needed world building in this era that was never fully explored in the current movies. From what I can tell, the initial asset build-up in this first season is already much better than how Rebels started off. I'm seeing more variation in the background characters which was sorely lacking throughout Rebel's run. Also, particle effects when it comes to ship engine thrusters as well as water (splashing, parting waves from ships flying overhead). It remains to be seen how the story and characters are handled, but I have confidence it will turn out pretty decently, as what happened with the previous two series.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

It's ridiculous how much better the new trailer is compared to that first one, who the fuck signed off on the first one when they knew they could have shown some of this stuff?

Never mind the transforming ships, i'm going to riot if Torra Doza isn't contributing amazing J-Pop to the space battles.

• Like Like x 1
  11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Either these guys will all be dead by the end of the show because (Black Squadron aside, from the last Poe Dameron comic), all of the Resistance fits inside a school bus at the moment.

The salvaged Tie Interceptor looks cool tho.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, they will be showed on a bus hyperspace like Ezra was, or mentioned in an awkward offhand remark in the next movie, like how Hera was.
    LOLWUT.JPG
    I have to say, this race is quite suicidal. You have to be utterly precise when flying through these rings, or they will clip off the wings!!! Seriously, I doubt a ship with longer wings, like an X-wing, would even fit through there. :D 
    droids.JPG
    In the middle, isn't that the recruitable droid NPC from the Old Republic games?
    Also, so apart from Phasma, we have a gold-plated stormtrooper too? Are they metal-color-coded? :D  Is there a bronze guy below Phasma?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  13. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Man, time flies. I didn't even realize, until I saw a commercial for it today, that this series is premiering tomorrow on regular Disney Channel. Well, I guess it's time to see if this show is going to be as boring as it looks.

• Like Like x 1
  14. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    Yeah I was just flipping through the guide and saw it was on. Watching it right now.

15. Chopperface

News Credits:
    I only caught the last 20 minutes of it. I’ve never been a fan of dogfight/aerial race scenes, let alone in Star Wars, but I was pleasantly surprised. I liked the sound design of the ships.

Overall I like the lighter tone, even though it’ll inevitably darken. It feels nice to kick back and relax after how dreary (in a good way) Rebels got towards the end.

16. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

The first few episodes were better than I expected, and honestly, not gratingly kiddy as I had been fearing; the Ewoks, Bombad Jedi and the D-Squad arc of TCW are all far worse. Some much needed world building that the ST movies have been sorely lacking, and fun characters/scenarios.

All in all, I look forward to seeing how this series progresses.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

I am really liking this series and the characters introduced so far. I love the two alien parts sellers and it's so nice to see OT aliens with ST aliens.

Definitely going to keep watching.

18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Just watched the first episode. As expected, I liked the ships and the environment, but the characters (especially the lead) didn’t do a whole lot for me yet.

I think it’s pretty wrong-headed to have your main lead also be your primary comic-relief, and as such, his character just wound up being pretty annoying. I really enjoyed the two alien characters in the parts shop though, and look forward to seeing more of the alien characters.

19. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I have to say, that was a REALLY boring first episode. Is this not going to be an action cartoon like The Clone Wars and Rebels? Is it gonna be like what Rescue Bots is for Transformers. I mean I'm perfectly fine if that's what it's going to be. But if what we saw in the first episode is what we're to expect from this series, I likely won't be watching a whole lot more.

• Like Like x 1
  20. User_93049

News Credits:
    target age: younger than Rebels, which itself had a younger target audience than Clone Wars.

buckle up.